wileastmot

Hoping for Goodnews for Iceyspots

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

No, I'm the beneficiary and my fiance doesn't believe that contacting a senator or calling USCIS will help. He thinks it's more likely to go against us.

Our difference of opinion is making "immigration" a tender subject!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Goodluck Icey!Hope and Pray That Your Much Awaited Approval Will Be Yours Very Soon!

I admire your Cool Attitude Towards Of These Paper Works and Delays,Your Name Iceyspots is Very Becoming For You(woooppps I hope My Grammars is right :D Me?Oh I drive Gary Crazy Most Of The time :D -I Miss Him So Much,I wanna Get Close To Him Always :crying:

Goodluck (F)(F)(F)

Aww.. you'll get here.. hang in there (F)

No, I'm the beneficiary and my fiance doesn't believe that contacting a senator or calling USCIS will help. He thinks it's more likely to go against us.

Our difference of opinion is making "immigration" a tender subject!

There have been a couple instances where contacting a senator only made problems with their case.

There are also senators/congressmen who just do an inquiry to the service center but get a canned response and don't want to help anymore.

And for the most part, most people have had a good outcome from contacting their congressman/senator...

Since your case seems pretty clear cut (only unfair waiting) contacting a congressperson would be in your best interest.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
A question for the recent March approvals - did you all send letters to your senators? I am also from March, will I be overlooked if I haven't contacted a senator?

I did get touched a couple of days ago but no status update.

Michelle - Here's my two cents for what it's worth. I contacted two senators initially when the news of IMBRA first broke but we didn't know anything about the RFE process. I was really just looking for information and answers on when RFEs were going to be sent out and then afterwards about the f*cked up processing order. One was sympathetic and nice, the other was mean and worthless. I also contacted a congressman's office who was of zero help.

But in the past couple of weeks I had been in touch with both senators offices - one at a different location who was much kinder and more helpful. I emailed the letter that texasseoul posted along with the copies of Gary's March list and asked specifically for an inquiry to be made into the fact that so many later cases had already been processed as well as the specific status of my case. I really think that prior to those letters (which I also faxed), only very general inquiries were made rather than specific to my case.

Last week I was really questioning if contacting them had done any damage since so many later dates had been approved. After all, I had read several posts swearing up and down that pressure from senators could backfire and hurt the processing. I now believe if it had not been for the "squeaky wheel" and rather hardcore tone of my letters, I would not have been approved.

So my suggestion to you is to make several calls until you get a caseworker or immigration liaison who is aware of the situation and as outraged as we are. These are the people who I feel went to bat for me and were the most effective. Don't bother with those who seem to know nothing - call another office or ask for someone who is familiar with the current I-129F processing issues so you won't have to waste your time educating them.

Best of luck.

Jamie, we are in your corner!!!

Hoping you get some news really soon. :thumbs:

Who is in the other corner, Ric Flair? lol

Lets hope not!! :wacko:

Timeline

Jamie, we are in your corner!!!

Hoping you get some news really soon. :thumbs:

Who is in the other corner, Ric Flair? lol

Lets hope not!! :wacko:

lol I can take him on!

A question for the recent March approvals - did you all send letters to your senators? I am also from March, will I be overlooked if I haven't contacted a senator?

I did get touched a couple of days ago but no status update.

Michelle - Here's my two cents for what it's worth. I contacted two senators initially when the news of IMBRA first broke but we didn't know anything about the RFE process. I was really just looking for information and answers on when RFEs were going to be sent out and then afterwards about the f*cked up processing order. One was sympathetic and nice, the other was mean and worthless. I also contacted a congressman's office who was of zero help.

But in the past couple of weeks I had been in touch with both senators offices - one at a different location who was much kinder and more helpful. I emailed the letter that texasseoul posted along with the copies of Gary's March list and asked specifically for an inquiry to be made into the fact that so many later cases had already been processed as well as the specific status of my case. I really think that prior to those letters (which I also faxed), only very general inquiries were made rather than specific to my case.

Last week I was really questioning if contacting them had done any damage since so many later dates had been approved. After all, I had read several posts swearing up and down that pressure from senators could backfire and hurt the processing. I now believe if it had not been for the "squeaky wheel" and rather hardcore tone of my letters, I would not have been approved.

So my suggestion to you is to make several calls until you get a caseworker or immigration liaison who is aware of the situation and as outraged as we are. These are the people who I feel went to bat for me and were the most effective. Don't bother with those who seem to know nothing - call another office or ask for someone who is familiar with the current I-129F processing issues so you won't have to waste your time educating them.

Best of luck.

Good info.. There are several congressmen in each state and 2 senators for each state. You have plenty to choose from so you have the right to be a picky shopper :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks for the advice guys. As an Australian I need to work out how your parliament works first -we don't have senators and congressmen!

I will have to spend this weekend researching the older posts for contacts and sample letters.

I'm reaching breaking point. The anxiety and uncertainty is just getting too much for me. I feel like my life has been on hold for years (6 yr long distance love) and I can't take it much longer. :(

Timeline
Thanks for the advice guys. As an Australian I need to work out how your parliament works first -we don't have senators and congressmen!

I will have to spend this weekend researching the older posts for contacts and sample letters.

I'm reaching breaking point. The anxiety and uncertainty is just getting too much for me. I feel like my life has been on hold for years (6 yr long distance love) and I can't take it much longer. :(

I understand!

Do a google search for senators or represenative's from your SO's state, that's a good place to start. You can hit some websites where you can email case information, and there's also some others on this site who have very good sample letters to show!

Sending prayers your way!!

K1 Journey:

April 13/06 NOA1 from NSC

June 1/06 - Moved to CSC

August 12/06 APPROVED - NOA2!!

August 28/06 Left NVC. . . Vancouver Bound!

September 27/06 Interview APPROVED, with visa in hand

October 29/06 Moving Date

December 30/06 Married!!

AOS Journey:

January 16/07 Sent out AOS, EAD, and AP docs

January 23/07 NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP

February 13/07 Biometrics in Portland, OR

April 7/07 EAD and AP Received

April 24/07 Interview Scheduled . . . and APPROVED, stamp and all!

May 7/07 Greencard is in my hands!

ROC Journey:

February 17/09 Sent I-751 to CSC

February 18/09 NOA1

March 14/09 Biometrics appt.

April 22/09 Date of Approval!!

June 25/09 Greencard arrives in the mail!

*Everything I post is just my .02 cents, seek a lawyer for anything beyond that.*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Michelle, here you go:

1) Find your senator or congressman’s website.

2) Go to the section for Constituent Services.

3) Download the privacy form.

4) Fill out all the relevant case information.

5) FAX it to their office.

6) Call to follow up. Find out the name of the specific person assigned to your case and get their direct phone number.

If your senator doesn’t have a privacy form on the website, call them directly.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

Keep in mind that congressional offices are divided by district in each state - typically only the congressman's office in your fiance's district will be able to provide any help.

Here's texasseoul's letter - you can rewrite to fit your case:

Dear XXXXXX:

I am writing to request that you inquire the California Service Center (CSC) in regards to their procedures when approving I-129F petitions (petition for fiancée visa). I also would like information regarding my specific case, as I am unable to obtain any information from USCIS regarding this matter.

I filed an I-129F petition with CSC on 29 March 2006 (attachment 1) on behalf of my Fiancée, NAME, a resident citizen of the South Korea. We meet all the requirements for a fiancée visa. We have met in person within the last 2 years; we are both of age to be married and are eligible to be married.

In May of 2006 we were informed that all fiancée petitions were on hold pending decision on how to proceed with the new law regarding International Marriage Broker (attachment 2). On 10 July 2006 I received a Request for further information (RFE) (attachment 3). I immediately returned the form and CSC acknowledged receipt on 19 July 2006 (attachment 4).

On 21 July 2006 CSC beginning sending petition approvals. These approvals were on petitions that dated from March 3, 2006 to June 6 2006. Policy at CSC had been to process all petitions in order based on their NOA dates. Since beginning approvals after IMBRA it appears that this is not the case.

I would appreciate answers to the following questions.

1. What policy is CSC now using to determine priority in processing I-129F and why are they approving petitions in seemingly random manner?

2. What is the exact status of my case and when can I expect approval?

Thank you for your assistance

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It worked for Will when I sent cookies to CSC so tomorrow I'm fed exing the famous bundt cake in your name Icey. Don't worry- good news is on it's way.

I admire you and all those marchers who keep a cool attitude and dont whine about not getting an approval. Great things come for those who wait, and i'm sure you will hear great news pretty soon, it's just a matter of waiting a couple of more months vs being for the rest of your life in the arms of your hunny :) So, best of luck to you and God bless you :star:

July 06/06.............. Thanks God everything is ready and my baby finally mailed I-129f

July 17/06.............. Check was cashed

July 18/06.............. Thx God we got our NOA1 from CSC

Sep 20/06............... Thx God! NOA2 date

Sep 21/06............... touched; got 5 approval emails! thank you Lord!

Sep 26/06............... mon amour got NOA2

Oct 18/06............... My baby got the letter from NVC

Oct 24/06............... Oh, Lord, You are so great! got our packet 3 today!!! yupi!!! early bday present!!!

Oct 30/06............... Mailing away my DS-156, thank you for your blessings, God

Nov 01/06............... Medical @ 8am

Dec 14/06............... My baby got packet 4

Jan 06/07............... We requested our Interview to be scheduled for January 22nd! my baby's bday! and he will be allowed 2b inside with me!! wow!

Jan 22/07............... VISA APPROVED!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

Jan 29/07............... Went to cargo expresso to get my passport, which means: VISA RECEIVED!!!

Apr 27/07............... Married my one and only at 10;30am

Jul 06/07............... Finally mailed away AOS

Jul 19/07............... Check was cashed

Jul 21/07............... Thanks God we received NOA1

Jul 24/07............... Thanks God we received Biometrics letter

Ag 17/07............... Biometrics @ 12

dev242bf___.png

"Trust the past to God's mercy, the present to God's love and the future to God's providence..."

How about if I whine for them? is that ok? :lol:

See my sig!!!!

I admire you and all those marchers who keep a cool attitude and dont whine about not getting an approval. Great things come for those who wait, and i'm sure you will hear great news pretty soon, it's just a matter of waiting a couple of more months vs being for the rest of your life in the arms of your hunny :) So, best of luck to you and God bless you :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.