RomeoNan

N-400 MAY 2011 FILERS

581 posts in this topic

Carpe diem - I sure hope so. Just hope letter is not lost in mail. On the website it says something about waiting for an interview to be schduled.... I guess it would say interview date Blah blah... so hope nothing is missing in mail.

Soch, a few days before I got my interview letter, I got an email stating:

"Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from July 25, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

I think, but don't remember for sure, that the same message showed up on the login page.

N-400

5-12-11: N-400 package mailed

5-18-11: check cashed

5-17-11: NOA date

6-14-11: biometrics date (missed notice + appointment due to travels)

6-16-11: fingerprints done

7-25-11: interview letter date

8-31-11: interview

9-20-11: oath!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

OK! Got my interview today... They ran through my application and barely had any questions.

After 10 minutes the civics test came... Surprisingly I got exactly the same questions as BeverlyFL yesterday. Creepy! Anyway, 6/6 correct, reading&writing was nothing. He told me that he approved me, gave me 2 pages that says I am approved and what to bring for the ceremony and told me that I will get the ceremony letter within 5 minutes just wait in the lobby.

What happened afterward, I would rather not discuss it publicly on a forum, let's just say that he invited me and my attorney back to the room 50 (!) minutes later and got interrogated for 3 more hours. They tried to pull "games" on me and asked questions different ways to catch me on lieing. Well eventually they did not and I was told that I will get the decision by mail.

So I have two pages that says I am approved, my paperwork with immigration has a giant APPROVED stamp on it and at the end of the day that's still not the truth even though those approved stamps are everywhere.

.... To be continued!

Edited by sfoboy85

God bless America!

Filed: Timeline

Soch, I can't be of help but am crossing my fingers for a speedy interview appointment for you... I have a feeling it will arrive soon, not that I have a special gift for predicting these things. :)

Uham, good luck next week! For what it's worth, my interview lasted less than 10 minutes and was a non-event. The worst part was the 3.5 hour wait before the interview. If your interview slot is close to lunch time, make sure to eat well before heading over or bring snacks. Also bring something to read or do (I wasn't allowed to use my iPhone). I didn't get an oath notice on the spot, but today I received a message saying it's on its way.

Carpe diem, Thanks for the wishes. I hope my interview will be as smooth as yours. My interview is mid morning at 10a. Any other tips?

This is correct. You will receive another email similar to the one below. Until then, you shouldn't worry about losing a letter in the mail...

"Your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION is now scheduled for interview. You will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. You should receive this notice within 14 days. If you do not receive this notice within 14 days from July 25, 2011, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for further assistance. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

I think, but don't remember for sure, that the same message showed up on the login page.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Maeve,

Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них Makes no sense in Russian at all. If what you were trying to say that there is my life in these words or my life is in these words, then the only way to put it grammatically is В этих словах моя жизнь!

Sorry had to correct a bad Russian!

Edited by Evgeniya

Uham, I have tried calling that 1 800 number but all they say is that I have to wait since my case is within normal processing times for my DO which is 5 months. When I asked if 5 mths is for the entire naturalization process, the rep said no that's just to receive the interview date :( which did not make me feel any better...

mailed N400 to Dallas texas on 05/03/2011

received fingerprint notice on 05/27/2011

fingerprints done on 06/14/2011

received email inline for interview scheduling on 06/16/2011

received yellow letter on 07/25/2011

received interview letter on 10/17/2011

interview date 11/16/2011 passed

oath date 12/02/2011

Filed: Timeline

Uham, I have tried calling that 1 800 number but all they say is that I have to wait since my case is within normal processing times for my DO which is 5 months. When I asked if 5 mths is for the entire naturalization process, the rep said no that's just to receive the interview date :( which did not make me feel any better...

I know this may sound a bit painful but i'll suggest wait for another 4 weeks and if there's still no response. Make an infopass appt

Thank you for your input Uham. That's exactly what I will do and you're right about the painful part. By the way, best of luck on your interview!!

Edited by uscwifey

mailed N400 to Dallas texas on 05/03/2011

received fingerprint notice on 05/27/2011

fingerprints done on 06/14/2011

received email inline for interview scheduling on 06/16/2011

received yellow letter on 07/25/2011

received interview letter on 10/17/2011

interview date 11/16/2011 passed

oath date 12/02/2011

OK! Got my interview today... They ran through my application and barely had any questions.

After 10 minutes the civics test came... Surprisingly I got exactly the same questions as BeverlyFL yesterday. Creepy! Anyway, 6/6 correct, reading&writing was nothing. He told me that he approved me, gave me 2 pages that says I am approved and what to bring for the ceremony and told me that I will get the ceremony letter within 5 minutes just wait in the lobby.

What happened afterward, I would rather not discuss it publicly on a forum, let's just say that he invited me and my attorney back to the room 50 (!) minutes later and got interrogated for 3 more hours. They tried to pull "games" on me and asked questions different ways to catch me on lieing. Well eventually they did not and I was told that I will get the decision by mail.

So I have two pages that says I am approved, my paperwork with immigration has a giant APPROVED stamp on it and at the end of the day that's still not the truth even though those approved stamps are everywhere.

.... To be continued!

Sorry to hear that, sfoboy85 :( Hope things will get straightened out. Hang in there!

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Thanks Mae. Have a fun oath on the 15th of September ;)

Thanks! I CAN'T WAIT! It has been quite a wait for me. :wacko: 8 more days! YAY! :dance:

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday in Miami. I was approved!!!:dance:

Here my experience: My appt. was at 2 pm and we arrived half an hour early. I was called 2:15 pm.

I was interviewed by a nice woman. During the process the first thing she did was asking me about my marriage: if I am still married with my husband and if I am happy in my marriage. Then she wanted to see the additional papers that I had such as bank statements, bills, etc. So I gave her the copies of our last phone bill, insurance car statement and health insurance statement. I didn't have a joint bank statement since we have separate accounts and she said that it was enough, so she added the copies to my file. Then she went through my entire paperwork, asking me all the questions on the N-400 Form.

Finally the test. My questions were:

1) Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?

2) Name one state that borders Mexico.

3) Name three original states.

4) Who is the Commander in Chief of the military?

5) What's the political party of the President now?

6) What are the two major political parties in the US?

Then I had to read "Who was Abraham Lincoln?", and I had to write "Lincoln was president during the Civil War."

It was really easy and we were out in 15 minutes. She said that I will receive my oath day and time by mail since that office has oath ceremony at the end of the month. :)

**************** Silvana & Danilo ****************

Happily married and enjoying our life together!

iBqhm4.png

57icm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

THANKS! Our status on the web states: (so i guess its not missing)

On July 7, 2011, your N400, APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling. When scheduling is complete, you will receive a written notice with a time and place for your interview. Please check the website for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

5/14/07 Mailed K1 VSC

10/19/07 APPROVED on 10/15

10/26/07 Packet 3 rec'd

10/29/07 Packet 3 sent

11/14/07 Interview (I am off to Germany 11/9)

11/30/07 VISA rec'd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12/25/07 POE JFK

1/25/08 Wedding day

2/11/08 Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

3/13/08 NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

04/04/08 Biometrics for AOS/EAD

04/15/08 EMAIL APPROVED EAD & AP

4/24/08 Receiveed EAD card in the Mail

6/16/08 Email AOS: Welcome notice mailed

6/23/08 Email AOS: Approval Notice Sent

April 2009 FINALLY received card!

3/11/10 Sent I 751

3/19/10 Rec'd NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.