Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Does anyone have a link or document about on staying more than six months after approval at the interview?

For your reference,

http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/iv_faq.html#a06

In my case, coming from Hong Kong, a staff at the Consulate General reminded me that the deadline is six months from medical report date.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:

F1: Two to four weeks

F2A: No forward movement is expected

F2B: Four to seven weeks

F3: Four to six weeks

F4: Two or three weeks

@ Cassanoa: What I had seen some site is F1 movement is 3-5 weeks.

Is the above info by you, a prediction or from USCIS or something.. what is the source of this information, can you share the links please.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

@ Cassanoa: What I had seen some site is F1 movement is 3-5 weeks.

Is the above info by you, a prediction or from USCIS or something.. what is the source of this information, can you share the links please.

Source:

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin/2014/visa-bulletin-for-march-2014.html

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the link.... F1: 2-4 weeks this quarter.. hope that coming quarter it should be back to 3-5 weeks or more.. mellow.png

Edited by G_One

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:

F1: Two to four weeks

F2A: No forward movement is expected

F2B: Four to seven weeks

F3: Four to six weeks

F4: Two or three weeks

ya, i saw that one too. This is sad.

2-4 weeks is disappointing but (again) I'm glad they're predicting SOME movement. I guess there are lots with 2007 dates that aren't part of this community.

puru444, my PD is June 2008 and I haven't received anything as yet. Once that comes through it will be sign that I'm getting closer so I;m definitely looking forward to that.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For your reference,

http://hongkong.usconsulate.gov/iv_faq.html#a06

In my case, coming from Hong Kong, a staff at the Consulate General reminded me that the deadline is six months from medical report date.

Thank you very much for your reference.

So each case is unique.

So after interview if I cannot travel during the validity period of the immigrant visa (6 months from medical report date)

I should return the unused expired visa and visa package to the Immigrant Visa Unit with a letter explaining why I was unable to travel. Depending on the reasons, it may be possible to re-issue the visa upon payment of a new processing fee, and I may be required to retake the medical examination and submit new forms and documents. Requests for re-issuance are evaluated on a case-by-case basis – there is no guarantee that a visa will be re-issued.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Thank you very much for your reference.

So each case is unique.

So after interview if I cannot travel during the validity period of the immigrant visa (6 months from medical report date)

I should return the unused expired visa and visa package to the Immigrant Visa Unit with a letter explaining why I was unable to travel. Depending on the reasons, it may be possible to re-issue the visa upon payment of a new processing fee, and I may be required to retake the medical examination and submit new forms and documents. Requests for re-issuance are evaluated on a case-by-case basis – there is no guarantee that a visa will be re-issued.

Why would you wait so long for your visa and then risk losing it?

If I was in your situation I would go for my interview, enter the US around one month before the visa expiry to activate it and then, if you think you'll be out of the US for more than one year, apply for a re entry permit. This link explains it.

When I (finally) get my visa I'm planning to make a quick trip to the US, even if it's just for 3-4 days to activate it, then return to the UK to work my notice, finalise my affairs, etc. I know it's an extra expense but I'd want to minimize any risk of the visa becoming invalidated.

Edited by Baileys

Hi all,

I'm new here and thanks so much for all your tips already that I've learnt from browsing this forum.

My PD is 10 Jan 07 and so its all becoming very exciting. I am currently waiting for my attorney to submit all my docs and application to NVC.

I have previously gone through this process on a K2 visa, but it took over 2 years and I aged out and had to leave. As such very anxious. Reading everyone's advice etc. helps!

Here is to 2014!

Lauren

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new here and thanks so much for all your tips already that I've learnt from browsing this forum.

My PD is 10 Jan 07 and so its all becoming very exciting. I am currently waiting for my attorney to submit all my docs and application to NVC.

I have previously gone through this process on a K2 visa, but it took over 2 years and I aged out and had to leave. As such very anxious. Reading everyone's advice etc. helps!

Here is to 2014!

Lauren

Welcome Lauza8,

Thanks for update us, we will looking for ur interview experience soon. Do share with us ur consular processing and interview experiences.

Cheers :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Why would you wait so long for your visa and then risk losing it?

If I was in your situation I would go for my interview, enter the US around one month before the visa expiry to activate it and then, if you think you'll be out of the US for more than one year, apply for a re entry permit. This link explains it.

When I (finally) get my visa I'm planning to make a quick trip to the US, even if it's just for 3-4 days to activate it, then return to the UK to work my notice, finalise my affairs, etc. I know it's an extra expense but I'd want to minimize any risk of the visa becoming invalidated.

Life change after 7 years waiting...

I don't want loose my opportunity. But I am working in a good project (money) here maybe till the end of this year.

So I want get my green card but want go to USA in the end of this year.

If its not possible, I gonna go to USA and will stay for living. I won't loose my chance.

I would like to have a reference in embassy web site about get green card, go to activate and than come back.

"Here we are on this earth, with only a few more decades to live, and we lose many irreplaceable hours brooding over grievances that, in a year's time, will be forgotten by us and by everybody..."

Dale Carnegie

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Life change after 7 years waiting...

I don't want loose my opportunity. But I am working in a good project (money) here maybe till the end of this year.

So I want get my green card but want go to USA in the end of this year.

If its not possible, I gonna go to USA and will stay for living. I won't loose my chance.

I would like to have a reference in embassy web site about get green card, go to activate and than come back.

Pay the US$165 fee beforehand. Your green card will come AUTOMATICALLY within 4 calendar weeks upon your arrival to US with your immigration visa. Note: no extra photo required. The pictures you submitted on the date of interview will be used for green card issuance.

THE ABOVE WAS MY ACTUAL EXPERIENCE DURING THE LAST QUARTER OF LAST YEAR.

When you land the Port of Entry, officers there (Dept of Homeland Security) will immediately assign you with an alien number. They will write that down next to their blue chop saying Admitted NYC dated ....).

Personal advice only, pay the money 1 week - 2 weeks in advance before landing. You want to give the US sufficient time to process your green card. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.