bt1

NVC inquiry

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

As already stated, if you're case stays at NVC for more than about ten days, then it's undergoing additional processing for some reason. There's no way to know or find out the reason unless NVC sends the case back to USCIS. Nobody can or will tell you whether your case was selected randomly or for some case related reason and nobody can or will tell you how much extra time it will take. Welcome to bureaucracy.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

As already stated, if you're case stays at NVC for more than about ten days, then it's undergoing additional processing for some reason. There's no way to know or find out the reason unless NVC sends the case back to USCIS. Nobody can or will tell you whether your case was selected randomly or for some case related reason and nobody can or will tell you how much extra time it will take. Welcome to bureaucracy.

Thanks...it's been at the NVC for only a couple of days. The reason I know it's in additional processing is beacuse I got a reply e-mail from NVC.

Timeline

Thanks...it's been at the NVC for only a couple of days. The reason I know it's in additional processing is beacuse I got a reply e-mail from NVC.

It's a catch-all term. If it's only been there a couple days, it could just mean they aren't ready to forward it to the Consulate yet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Just out of curiosity; you say that you got a reply email, was your original email to them just a general status inquiry?

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Then why did they tell me it's standard? I don't mean administrative processing.

Do you have any idea why we are going through additional processing? I see no reason at all, just wondering what would be the basis for being selected for this?

Get used to it when dealing with the NVC. The worker drones who answer the phone are prone to giving out mis-information.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Just out of curiosity; you say that you got a reply email, was your original email to them just a general status inquiry?

Yes, it was a general status inquiry: we received our NOA2 on April 21st so I wanted to see if it was received by the NVC and get a case number. They responded that it was received by the NVC and is currently undergoing additional processing. Then I called and they confirmed that and also gave me the case number. When I asked if this is standard, she said yes, this is normal, nothing to worry about. I guess I'll wait a week or so and ask again: as was said before, if it stays there for over 10 days, then it could really mean it's in AP for whatever reason. In the meantime, I'll stay hopeful that it just means they received it yesterday and haven't yet sent it to the consulate.

Timeline

Yes, it was a general status inquiry: we received our NOA2 on April 21st so I wanted to see if it was received by the NVC and get a case number. They responded that it was received by the NVC and is currently undergoing additional processing. Then I called and they confirmed that and also gave me the case number. When I asked if this is standard, she said yes, this is normal, nothing to worry about. I guess I'll wait a week or so and ask again: as was said before, if it stays there for over 10 days, then it could really mean it's in AP for whatever reason. In the meantime, I'll stay hopeful that it just means they received it yesterday and haven't yet sent it to the consulate.

I ask because I sent an email today for the same reason. We got our NOA 2 on the 22nd. I'll let you know what my response says (if and when I get one). Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

More in depth processing of your case. Don't worry too much, we were there for two weeks.

K-1 Visa

08/04/2010......I 129f filed (at VSC)

03/29/2011......NOA2

06/07/2011......INTERVIEW.....APPROVED

Aos

08/16/2011...... aos filed

08/29/2011...... Noa

09/16/2011...... biometrics

10/18/2011...... EAD approved

Timeline

I ask because I sent an email today for the same reason. We got our NOA 2 on the 22nd. I'll let you know what my response says (if and when I get one). Good luck!

Yeah, that would be great, please let me know. Thanks

More in depth processing of your case. Don't worry too much, we were there for two weeks.

Thanks

Timeline

Yeah, that would be great, please let me know. Thanks

Thanks

Amazingly I got a response in about 3 hours. Here is what mine says.

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

The NVC recently received this petition. The appropriate agent

(applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the

further processing of this petition within 6 to 8 weeks.

Case Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

Diane

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

Sounds like a canned response to me. I'm guessing that yours said something different? Did they give you an NVC case number?

Edited by Operator

Timeline

Amazingly I got a response in about 3 hours. Here is what mine says.

Dear Sir/Madam:

The NVC recently received this petition. The appropriate agent

(applicant, petitioner, or attorney) will receive instructions for the

further processing of this petition within 6 to 8 weeks.

Case Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

Diane

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc, Support Contractor

Sounds like a canned response to me. I'm guessing that yours said something different? Did they give you an NVC case number?

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, mine was different, this is exactly waht it said

Dear Sir/Madam:

This petition is currently undergoing additional processing. We will send further instructions once this processing is completed.

Case Number: EACXXXX

Beneficiary's Name:

Preference Category: K1

They didn't give me the case number in the e-mail, they gave it to me when I called

Additional and administrative are not the same thing. I am under additional and others who have been under additional stay 15 days to 30 hopefully we are both out of nvc quickly. Administrative can take 60 days plus. On the search bar look up stuck @ nvc

event.png

A journey it has been!!!

Timeline

Additional and administrative are not the same thing. I am under additional and others who have been under additional stay 15 days to 30 hopefully we are both out of nvc quickly. Administrative can take 60 days plus. On the search bar look up stuck @ nvc

I so hope you are right. Someone said earlier that additional processing is the same as administrative. Good luck to you and please keep me posted on your progress, as I promise too.

Timeline

I so hope you are right. Someone said earlier that additional processing is the same as administrative. Good luck to you and please keep me posted on your progress, as I promise too.

I just received an e-mail from the NVC that the petition has been forwarded to the consulate: so additional processing may in fact mean the time between receiving the petition from USCIS until it's sent to the consulate. Thanks everyone for your replies

The 2 terms are absolutely used interchangeably by the NVC. Sometimes I was told additional processing and sometimes administrative processing. There is no precise definition of either - they both mean your case is undergoing further review for an indefinite period of time.

All you can do is keep calling to determine when your case has actually been sent on.

Edited by Matt & Bing

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.