8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the X-ray is part of the medical examination. My fiance went for her medical and they didn't even do that. They only charged her $300 Vietnamese Dong. They said everyone is good. Did they not do it bc they didn't see any problems and did a sloppy job? Any suggestions?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

If its under K1 visa, thats the important thing you to have.When i went for my interview here in Singapore the CO passed my x-ray result and told that i need to put it in my hand carry bag. Coz i need that at my POE. And i paid $390 sing dollars for x-ray, physical exam, blood/urine test and vaccination.Its better for her to check again before she go for her interview so she can't get any delays.

No, it's not. If you are talking about the I-693 form that the doctor has to fill out then no, they dont do x-rays.

To be honest with you, I don't know what is included in the medical checkup. However, on the consulate website the price listed is $110 US. It costs her lest than $40 US to get it done. What did they do as part of your medical examination? At least I get an idea. thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Does anyone know if the X-ray is part of the medical examination. My fiance went for her medical and they didn't even do that. They only charged her $300 Vietnamese Dong. They said everyone is good. Did they not do it bc they didn't see any problems and did a sloppy job? Any suggestions?

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/HCM-MED-ENGL-0001-1012.pdf

The price charged looks right, it is $110

Looking at the website for the first medical center listed, they do have the ability to do chest xrays.

http://www.choray.org.vn/xuatcanh_eng.asp

Also, I do remember reading on the State Department website that everyone is required to have chest x-rays, vaccine sheet, blood test and physical exam (if a woman).

So if they didn't do all of that, I would say they did a piss poor job but I would email or call the consulate and see what they say.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/HCM-MED-ENGL-0001-1012.pdf

The price charged looks right, it is $110

Looking at the website for the first medical center listed, they do have the ability to do chest xrays.

http://www.choray.org.vn/xuatcanh_eng.asp

Also, I do remember reading on the State Department website that everyone is required to have chest x-rays, vaccine sheet, blood test and physical exam (if a woman).

So if they didn't do all of that, I would say they did a piss poor job but I would email or call the consulate and see what they say.

I agree with you. One person on here tells me you don't need X-ray, the next say you need it. I already been those websites and I know they have the ability to do it. I just think that they fill out everything as ok and didn't even bother to do the X-rays. They only did the physical and blood test. i know that the vaccination is optional. I guess they skip the x-rays and just marked it as OK on the form. I don't know who to believe. Piss poor job on the whole process from beginning to end. I can't stand laziness and incompetents!

I would post this question in the Vietnam forum, to better guess what the norm is there. The bottom line is, the CS is supposed to determine that the beneficiary does not have active TB. This can be done with a injection, and if there is no reaction to the injection, then the person has never been exposed to TB. In some countries (possibly Vietnam), most people have been exposed to TB and the injection will always be positive. Then an X-ray will be required to make sure the infection is not active. It seems to me that if the CS your fiancee went to did neither of these things, they did not do it properly. Whether or not it will be sufficient to get the visa, I do not know . However, once she gets to the US, she will need a complete medical form, and since she does not have one (or appears to not) then she will have to get a whole new medical which costs around $200. I would ask to see if most people need x-rays to determine negative TB status in the VIetnam forum. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.