Brasil123

Very important, RFE - medical examination.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, I urgently need help with this, I hope some of you can help me out.

I entered the US on a K1 Visa on Dec 3rd 2010. My adjustment of status is currently pending and I just got a RFE in the mail.

This is part of what it says:

"A review of the records indicates that the applicant entered the US with a valid k1/k2 nonimigrant visa.

A review of the records reveals form DS-3025, which is the department of state's vaccination worksheet, was not performed or completed by the examining physician, or had indicated that the applicant does not meet vaccination requirements for one or more vaccines with no waivers being requested

NEW FORM I-693: As such the applicant is required to submit a new form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination record, whose vaccination portion is properly completed and signed. The newest version of Form I-693 includes the medical information as well as the vaccination record. Under new agency guidence applicants two years of age or older are required to either have a tb skin test or a new blood test. (and then it goes on a little bit about the newly added vaccination requirements beginning august 2008)."

Here is some more information. My medical examination for the K1 visa application was performed in october 2010, so it is my understandment that is still valid and I do not need to perform another examination. On the occasion the doctor in Brazil gave me the DS - 3025 (vaccination records) to bring with me. I submitted the 1-693 (with only the first part filled out) with the DS-3025 I had been given (I didn't go see a civil surgeon in the United States to transcribe the DS-3025 to the vaccination part of the I-693).

With the RFE they sent me a cope of the DS-3025 I had sent them, and I noticed that the brazilian doctor that filled it out checked the box where it says I DON'T MEET THE VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS. Which I'm pretty sure it was a mistake on her part, since she specifically told me my vaccinations were in order.

That being said, I am assuming all I need to do is go see a civil surgeon in my area, bring the DS-3025 and have him fill out the vaccination portion of the I-693. And also fill out the part about the TB Skin test. IS that correct? I want to be sure I don't need to have ANOTHER medical examination performed by the locally assigned civil surgeon.

Please help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, you should just need to have the vaccines transcribed onto the I-693. If by some chance you do need additional shots, the civil surgeon will let you know.

If the overseas physician marks your form as anything other than "complete," even if they mark that certain vaccines are not age-appropriate, you should get the form transcribed.

Good luck.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Timeline

Well, I had made an appointment with the civil surgeon for a full examination. I just called back saying I would only need the vaccines transcribed to the form, and she said that the doctor won't do it because she didn't do the other examinations so she won't assign for another doctor, or whatever. That's complete bullshit. I can't believe I will have to do another examination all over again. It doesn't even make sense since the other parts would be blank and she would give me the forms on a SEALED envelope.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Find another doctor who does that transcription.

As long as you submit the AOS package before one year has passed from your medical examination, you do NOT need to have the medical redone. (Even if they would suggest that they still want to stick more vaccinations in you later. Once the package of AOS is submitted, you're good).

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Timeline

Find another doctor who does that transcription.

As long as you submit the AOS package before one year has passed from your medical examination, you do NOT need to have the medical redone. (Even if they would suggest that they still want to stick more vaccinations in you later. Once the package of AOS is submitted, you're good).

I just found a doctor that will do that. However, I want to know if you think I need to have a TB skin test done? Do they test for TB for the k1 visa? Because if you read the letter they sent me, it mentions the TB test. I did have to get chest xrays for the K1, so maybe thats what it refers to. What to do you think based on the letter they sent me? Just the vaccination records will suffice or do I need to the TB test again? which would mean I would have to do a whole examination again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I just found a doctor that will do that. However, I want to know if you think I need to have a TB skin test done? Do they test for TB for the k1 visa? Because if you read the letter they sent me, it mentions the TB test. I did have to get chest xrays for the K1, so maybe thats what it refers to. What to do you think based on the letter they sent me? Just the vaccination records will suffice or do I need to the TB test again? which would mean I would have to do a whole examination again.

I'm really not too sure whether they want you to have the TB test, or if they're just giving general information about the form. RFEs can be notoriously confusing. Check with the doctor to see if they're willing to fill in just the vaccine section and the TB skin test section, without the rest of the medical. They might be willing to.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi, My husband had to have the TB skin test here in the States as they would not accept the chest x-ray. He also had to have the flu shot and one other shot that has to be taken 3 times (i forget the name). Anyway, we didn't get an RFE when we sent in our AOS paperwork with a signed and sealed envelope from the civil surgeon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

TB test is not required.

I suggest you read the letter that uscis sent you and understand exactly what is it they want.It may be different from some body else's rfe.In my case they asked for MMR, Varicella, DTAP/TDAP.If you do not understand call them up and av someone explain it to you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.