Hags

Can my wife travel on I751 extension letter?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Back in December my wife received a NOA extending her conditional permanent resident status for a year. She had her bio-metrics appointment in January. She is scheduled to travel to Colombia with my daughter to Colombia on Thursday. I just assumed that she could travel with her expired resident card and the NOA extension letter. Now that the travel day is coming close I am in a panic, is there any reason why she wouldn't be able to travel on the extension letter?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if thats what the one year extension says your safe to traval, bring your old permanent resident,and your extension letter, a copy of your marriage certificate if name change,all will be needed on the return trip at the poe.when going to colombia you brough the airline tickets in your name that has to match your colombian passport right.you should be hearing some thing real soon from the uscis, did you register for check case status online,have a nice trip.

I travelled twice with my extension letter, without any problems.

I just needed to show the letter, my expired GC, and my passport.

It'll be fine! :)

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Moldova
Timeline

And if you are still worried,then you should contact your local office and get a stamp into your passport...But as said above...expired GC and 1year extension letter,passport and marriage certificate are good enough..

Edited by MichaelOlesea

GOD is Good,GOD is Great,GOD is Awesome!

*K1*(process time 7months & 13days)*

12.11.2007 -Filed I-129F

07.24.2008 -VISA interview. APPROVED!!!

*AOS*(process time 7months & 5days)*

11.26.2008 -Filed AOS,EAD,AP

02.09.2009- AP Received

03.20.2009-EAD Received

07.09.2009-2Year Green Card Received

*ROC*(process time 3months & 18days)*

04.04.2011-Filed ROC(I-751)

07.28.2011-10 Year GC Received

*NATURALIZATION*(process time 4months & 27days)*

04/02/2014- Filed N-400

07/08/14-Interview (Recommended for Approval)

08/29/2014-Oath Ceremony

as1cCDkFg000010OXNsenwxNjA0emx8V2UgaGF2Z

Filed: Other Timeline

The extension letter has the function of a new YEAR sticker on a vehicle license plate. It's only for the airline people and other drones who may have an interest in someone's lawful presence or permission to travel to the United States.

When your wife arrives back in the US and CBP swipes her Green Card at the airport, the DHS computer already recognizes the extended validity of her Card electronically, with or without the letter. It's all computerized now.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cool! That is good to know :thumbs:

The extension letter has the function of a new YEAR sticker on a vehicle license plate. It's only for the airline people and other drones who may have an interest in someone's lawful presence or permission to travel to the United States.

When your wife arrives back in the US and CBP swipes her Green Card at the airport, the DHS computer already recognizes the extended validity of her Card electronically, with or without the letter. It's all computerized now.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Back in December my wife received a NOA extending her conditional permanent resident status for a year. She had her bio-metrics appointment in January. She is scheduled to travel to Colombia with my daughter to Colombia on Thursday. I just assumed that she could travel with her expired resident card and the NOA extension letter. Now that the travel day is coming close I am in a panic, is there any reason why she wouldn't be able to travel on the extension letter?

Yes. we live at the Canadian border and travel very frequently to Canada. Alla went many times with her expired green card with the letter and never had a problem entering Canada or returning to the US. International travel is fine.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks, good to know!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

She should be able to travel with the extension letter. Just make sure the information on the letter matches the expired green card.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

• 5 months later...

I went to the office to get a stamp on my passport to travel this weekend to Canada, they kept my expired green card and gave me a stamp.

I hate the fact they took my expired green card...

Am I ok to just w the stamp and letter?

thanks

I went to the office to get a stamp on my passport to travel this weekend to Canada, they kept my expired green card and gave me a stamp.

I hate the fact they took my expired green card...

Am I ok to just w the stamp and letter?

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.