Ally & Rach

ESTA question.. possibly my most stupid yet..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

When you book a flight and the mail arrives directing you to the ESTA site to fill in the online form I gather this is completely irrelevant to us and I shouldnt fill it out? Also, the green form (visa waiver on plane) Anything on there I need to fill out or again to I just ignore it.. Im going across on a K1.

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

I don't think that's a stupid question at all! Someone else asked this same question a month or two ago and I would have had the same one for my fiance when he comes over. But, I believe the general consensus is you are not crossing on VWP, you are crossing on your K-1. So those items are completely irrelevant.

But I think for my piece of mind I would just do it anyway and clear up the confusion at customs haha!

Search for that post that had the same question! VWP and K1 or something.

peace*

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

JMO. I would fill it out no need to draw unnecessary attention at POE and they do look for those . I have been stoped for not filling it out and I'm the USC

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks folks.. just out of interest Ironman140, are you an Ironman triathlete?

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

When you book a flight and the mail arrives directing you to the ESTA site to fill in the online form I gather this is completely irrelevant to us and I shouldnt fill it out? Also, the green form (visa waiver on plane) Anything on there I need to fill out or again to I just ignore it.. Im going across on a K1.

You don't have to fill in anything. You are coming on a K1 visa which is all you need and you should receive a I-94 white card on the plane which is what we get from Aus on the plane asking if you are immigrating when the flight attendants hand them out they will tell you which one you need if you are confused.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

On the flight into America you will be offered three different forms. A green one (you don't need this, this is a visitor only form), a white non-US resident/citizen form (the I-94 which you fill in with YOUR details and it will be stapled into your passport by the CBP Officer) and a customs document which everyone entering America must complete.

Whatever you do, do NOT remove the white card stapled into your passport as you will later need this to Adjust your Status and be issued with your Alien Registration Card (green card).

EDIT: When you check in for your flight, the desk attendant will ask to see your form from the top of the sealed yellow packet. It helps to keep it handy for inspection. :)

Edited by Brit Abroad

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

You do NOT need ESTA. Most Brits flying out of the UK probably are going on Visa Waiver so that's why all the reminders. You are going with a visa, so no waiver to it. When we flew out of Heathrow, a man was by the check-in line to the Continental counter asking every person "Do you have your ESTA?" My fiance said, "No, I'm going on a visa." So you could get asked, but when you say you have a visa, they look at the visa.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.