wantknow

Falling in love with someone from another country is not a crime!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I don’t think there is anything wrong against the process, maybe can be more effective, but the various agencies do need the time that they ask for to check for any fraud or wrongdoing.

Such petitions are of no use, all you are asking in petition is open the borders and anyone can enter and exit without any check.

It is not happening….. sorry – if you cannot wait for few months then can’t help it.

excuse me but there is something wrong with the system two years of playing with our petition at csc then not giving us a approval or denial at the embassy stage but waiting for it to expire so that they could send it back as expired petition?

we had been engaged for five years ..........and it was not that he would not have been able to give something back to the USA he is a doctor and comes from a family of doctors.......this system in place is not a good one .......i have a brother in law that came here with out any abilities never worked a day of his life married my sis after seeing her ten days and came to the USA with out any problem at all and they didn't even have good evidence of a relationship

and that's just my opinion

sara

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

excuse me but there is something wrong with the system two years of playing with our petition at csc then not giving us a approval or denial at the embassy stage but waiting for it to expire so that they could send it back as expired petition?

we had been engaged for five years ..........and it was not that he would not have been able to give something back to the USA he is a doctor and comes from a family of doctors.......this system in place is not a good one .......i have a brother in law that came here with out any abilities never worked a day of his life married my sis after seeing her ten days and came to the USA with out any problem at all and they didn't even have good evidence of a relationship

and that's just my opinion

sara

So are you trying to say since your hubby is doctor, should be given a special pref and your bil who is bum should be bumped to end of the line?

Then your sis would be here posting same thing system is unfair to them and system is giving them hard time .... :) USCIS cannot please everyone.

Why your case was taking so long, I cannot comment without knowing the details and what was in your case that has USCIS and NVC think so much.

But over all if you tell me based on the number of application they receive each day, they need to process faster....I dont think that is happening.

They need time to validate relation, documents and put 2+2 togeather.... maybe your case was not a fraud and u fell thru crack but there are ppl out there who are out there to cheat the system.

So they need time to make sure that ppl are not abusing the system, ppl produce the ploice clearance certificate from their respective countries that they have no criminal procceding ongoing against them etc.

For most case with no complication a case goes thru in 6-8 months.... yes Ppl coming from islamic country has to go thru little more background check after 9/11 as thats precaution they are taking.

Edited by Harsh_77

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Why your case was taking so long, I cannot comment without knowing the details
My friend, of all VJ members, sweet Sara got hosed more thoroughly than any, then got her heart broken when even a patient fiance couldn't take it any longer... and she never ONCE complained. Through it all, she consistently and graciously congratulated dozens (perhaps hundreds) of people who happily announced receipt of their NOA2s, and never ONCE added a sour-grapes comment (not even "I wish that it were my turn"). Her petition was mishandled and her case was bungled for a period of YEARS, and she exhausted EVERY avenue to try to straighten it out, so if she observes (and so mildly!) that "there is something wrong with the system," she's not incorrect.

Of course, you almost certainly didn't know the above, and the brutal details would take a week to write up, so you can be forgiven in this instance for writing "USCIS cannot please everyone."

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My friend, of all VJ members, sweet Sara got hosed more thoroughly than any, then got her heart broken when even a patient fiance couldn't take it any longer... and she never ONCE complained. Through it all, she consistently and graciously congratulated dozens (perhaps hundreds) of people who happily announced receipt of their NOA2s, and never ONCE added a sour-grapes comment (not even "I wish that it were my turn"). Her petition was mishandled and her case was bungled for a period of YEARS, and she exhausted EVERY avenue to try to straighten it out, so if she observes (and so mildly!) that "there is something wrong with the system," she's not incorrect.

Of course, you almost certainly didn't know the above, and the brutal details would take a week to write up, so you can be forgiven in this instance for writing "USCIS cannot please everyone."

When I said I don't know the details.... I meant I have not seen the actual paperwork.

And if 1 in hundred cases is mishandled does not mean USCIS is not doing their job and a petition needs to be signed.

All my post I have said is yes everyone wants to be with their family as soon as possible and USCIS does wht it needs to do, but just someone got more question compared to other - ppl start creating such petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When I said I don't know the details.... I meant I have not seen the actual paperwork.

And if 1 in hundred cases is mishandled does not mean USCIS is not doing their job and a petition needs to be signed.

All my post I have said is yes everyone wants to be with their family as soon as possible and USCIS does wht it needs to do, but just someone got more question compared to other - ppl start creating such petition.

:wacko: Do you work for USCIS???? :blink:

My fiancee's visa petition was returned to USCIS and they were the ones who approved it in the 1st place, no apparent reasons other than "Administrative Processing". The 60 days given expired and still no word was heard back from USCIS. To top it off, USCIS assured me that it would not expire before they examine the case. This treatment is nothing short of intentional frustration of the USC petitioner. Whatever government policy or unwritten legislation that resulted in this is not fair to all. The lapses that might have occurred in the past was not the fault of the people concerned but the laxity of the USCIS , NVC and the consulate. Now, the petitioner and beneficiaries are made to bear the consequences. This is gross injustice at its peak. End results: EXPIRED REFILE!!! We want fairness across the board.... But maybe you don't have knowledge of this subject :bonk: How many times have you been denied? How long did you have to wait to find out you petition has expire and that you have to refile all over again????

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Timeline

:thumbs: I agree :thumbs: They have no idea...

2nd USCIS I-130 Petition

The first thing to understand is that you're asking the agencies involved to voluntarily change their policies. Federal government agencies don't have a good track record of making voluntary changes to their policies unless they are compelled to do so by law, or the change in policy will benefit the agency, or they are under pressure from Congress and/or the President.

None of the things you're asking for are required by law. None of these proposed changes will benefit the agencies, and most of them will require additional resources and manpower. Congress responds to political pressure from their constituents. At this point in time, liberals want amnesty for illegal immigrants. Conservatives want existing laws enforced, and don't want to see any form of immigration made any easier. In other words, you'll get plenty of sympathy from other Americans involved in the family immigration process, but not so much from the American public in general.

Much of what you're asking for was echoed in the Tran v. Napolitano case that was filed in the Oregon district court. The government fought that case, and the district court threw it out, citing (among other things) that there was no statutory basis for what the petitioner was asking for, and that a consular officers decisions were not subject to review or appeal. If the government fought against making these policy changes in response to a lawsuit, I don't see much hope in them making the changes voluntarily in response to a petition.

On the other hand, if Congress changes the law then the agencies have no choice but to comply. I think you have a better chance of success by petitioning Congress to change the law, rather than begging the agencies to voluntarily change their policies.

fixxored

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Timeline

So are you trying to say since your hubby is doctor, should be given a special pref and your bil who is bum should be bumped to end of the line? No that is not what I'm saying at all just equal treatment

Then your sis would be here posting same thing system is unfair to them and system is giving them hard time .... :) USCIS cannot please everyone. No her health would have allowed her to live in Egypt with him

Why your case was taking so long, I cannot comment without knowing the details and what was in your case that has USCIS and NVC think so much.

But over all if you tell me based on the number of application they receive each day, they need to process faster....I dont think that is happening. Not faster but as I said above equal treatment and equal timing

They need time to validate relation, documents and put 2+2 togeather.... maybe your case was not a fraud and u fell thru crack but there are ppl out there who are out there to cheat the system. There are many here on VJ that have had the same thing happen to them in the end as what happened to us it just didnt take that long to get thru the service center...many have been sent back as expired petitions.

So they need time to make sure that ppl are not abusing the system, ppl produce the ploice clearance certificate from their respective countries that they have no criminal procceding ongoing against them etc. Our case was strong enough with enough evidence that it should have stood on its own, his police report and anything that was asked for was easy and straight forward

For most case with no complication a case goes thru in 6-8 months.... yes Ppl coming from islamic country has to go thru little more background check after 9/11 as thats precaution they are taking. My sisters husband came from Egypt and I do understand about the more extensive back ground checks.....how ever there should be something in place to protect the innocent from the way that we are treated by the very powers that be that were put into to place to protect us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

we had been engaged for five years ..........and it was not that he would not have been able to give something back to the USA he is a doctor and comes from a family of doctors.......this system in place is not a good one .......i have a brother in law that came here with out any abilities never worked a day of his life married my sis after seeing her ten days and came to the USA with out any problem at all and they didn't even have good evidence of a relationshipand that's just my opinion

sara

did it ever occur to you that this might be "THE" problem? Its not uncommon for fraud rings to be run by relatives and if DOS has a wiff of this then maybe your application is suspect to them. Your sister getting married in ten days to a guy she never met before might have sparked and interest in your family tree.

Timeline

did it ever occur to you that this might be "THE" problem? Its not uncommon for fraud rings to be run by relatives and if DOS has a wiff of this then maybe your application is suspect to them. Your sister getting married in ten days to a guy she never met before might have sparked and interest in your family tree.

he is from egypt perviz is from india and they did not get married and apply until well after our petition was at csc plus we had loads of proof of our relationship over the five years we had been engaged.

sara

Edited by sara.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

he is from egypt perviz is from india and they did not get married and apply until well after our petition was at csc plus we had loads of proof of our relationship over the five years we had been engaged.

sara

Despite the the different countries the common thread is two US Citizen sisters petitioning foreign spouses from countries that generally get more scrutiny.

If there was a red flag in his file, is there a chance there was a previous application of any type by your fiance or did he use a professional preparation service for his packet?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

thanks for sending that link and yes, i did sign that petition. I hope it works to our favor and for others who are longing to have their visa process completed.

I went to this site and voice my opinion on this topic ... Thanks to schretel in VJ for posting the link :thumbs: Please keep it going maybe we will be heard ... power in numbers!!! Sign Sign Sign :thumbs:The Link

1118444909.JPG

The first thing to understand is that you're asking the agencies involved to voluntarily change their policies. Federal government agencies don't have a good track record of making voluntary changes to their policies unless they are compelled to do so by law, or the change in policy will benefit the agency, or they are under pressure from Congress and/or the President.

None of the things you're asking for are required by law. None of these proposed changes will benefit the agencies, and most of them will require additional resources and manpower. Congress responds to political pressure from their constituents. At this point in time, liberals want amnesty for illegal immigrants. Conservatives want existing laws enforced, and don't want to see any form of immigration made any easier. In other words, you'll get plenty of sympathy from other Americans involved in the family immigration process, but not so much from the American public in general.

Much of what you're asking for was echoed in the Tran v. Napolitano case that was filed in the Oregon district court. The government fought that case, and the district court threw it out, citing (among other things) that there was no statutory basis for what the petitioner was asking for, and that a consular officers decisions were not subject to review or appeal. If the government fought against making these policy changes in response to a lawsuit, I don't see much hope in them making the changes voluntarily in response to a petition.

On the other hand, if Congress changes the law then the agencies have no choice but to comply. I think you have a better chance of success by petitioning Congress to change the law, rather than begging the agencies to voluntarily change their policies.

JimVaPhuong,

It is always such a pleasure to read your replies. They are the voice of articulate reason in VJ. :thumbs:

August 23, 2010 - I-129 F package sent via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation.

August 30, 2010 - Per Department of Homeland Security (DHS) e-mail, petition received and routed to California Service Center for processing. Check cashed. I-797C Notice of Action by mail (NOA 1) - Received date 08/25/2010. Notice date 08/27/2010.

After 150 days of imposed anxious patience...

January 24, 2011 - Per USCIS website, petition approved and notice mailed.

January 31, 2011 - Approval receipt notice (NOA 2) received by mail. Called NVC, given Santo Domingo case number, and informed that petition was sent same day to consulate.

Called Visa Specialist at the Department of State every day for a case update. Informed of interview date on February, 16 2011. Informed that packet was mailed to fiance on February, 15 2011.

February 21, 2011 - Fiance has not yet received packet. Called 1-877-804-5402 (Visa Information Center of the United States Embassy) to request a duplicate packet in person pick-up at the US consulate in Santo Domingo. Packet can be picked-up by fiance on 02/28.

March 1, 2011 - Medical exam completed at Consultorios de Visa in Santo Domingo.

March 9, 2011 at 6 AM - Interview, approved!

March 18, 2011 - POE together. JFK and O'Hare airports. Legal wedding: May 16, 2011.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

-Henry David Thoreau

If you are uscis then they treat it as a Crime, the part about uscis that disturbs me the most is their complete disregard for the person who is being petitioned judgement . Shouldn't uscis just let people decide who they want to be with, and have that be enough? I feel the only one that needs to judge my character is my wife , and if i'm good enough for her, in her eyes then thats all that matters

USCIS treats those that married american citizens as if they have no mental abilities to decide for themselves

Really? Maybe it's that we have a nice field office but our AOS interview was really nice. I've had harder job interviews and bigger problems at the DMV than at our field office. It all went smoothly and we never felt like we were criminals or that they were treating us unfairly. The CSR's were nice too when I've had to call a few times.

I hated the paperwork, geez, I wish I had hired someone for that because it just does my head in. But why do you feel like they're treating you like you have no mental abilities?

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Timeline

thanks for sending that link and yes, i did sign that petition. I hope it works to our favor and for others who are longing to have their visa process completed.

Welcome ... Let's keep it going :thumbs:

2nd USCIS I-130 Petition

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.