ysl1221

Citizenship application sent but usps says: Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)What should i do?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

hello:

I sent my citizenship application last friday 04/22/2011 (express mail), but usps says: Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)What should i do? Wait or call or what? im very worry, today is 04/25/2011 and the status on usps is still the same.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Moving thread from K1 process forum to citizenship forum.

Generally have to go to your post office and pick it up. Best to do the next morning, won't be at your post office until your mail carrier brings it back. Or call and request delivery again when you are sure you will home. A lot depends upon where you live, big town post offices usually aren't so friendly.

Filed: Other Timeline

If you send something express on Good Friday over Easter weekend, there will be no one working at USCIS. Surprise!

On Monday, meaning today, the USCIS drone will pick up the 100-or-so packages that people like you have sent over the holiday weekend.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Generally have to go to your post office and pick it up. Best to do the next morning, won't be at your post office until your mail carrier brings it back. Or call and request delivery again when you are sure you will home. A lot depends upon where you live, big town post offices usually aren't so friendly.

Wow, did I misread your post, you are sending a package, not expecting to receive it! Sorry was a difficult day, have those once in awhile. I just send in a personal check, when its cashed, know they accepted the application and received it. Please don't check your computer every two minutes, you may go insane like I did.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thanks to everyone, USPS already change the status on my package, thanks god.

Your item was delivered at 10:57 am on April 25, 2011 in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 to USCIS HWY 121 . The item was signed for by K COLTRIN.

• 2 years later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

They did a similar thing to me. I scheduled delivery for today Monday. I sent it on Friday. In my case was this: "Notice Left (Business Closed)" Saturday. The are supposed to update the information in real time. If they deliver later than 12pm you get your money back. I found out that in that post office they update the delivery status at 4:00pm. I believe that if we go to our local post office between 12pm and 4 pm claiming that our packages wasn't delivered on time, we will get our money back. When I filed my I751 to Vermont, they updated the information of my package in real time how is supposed to be. Yes ok, either way is unethical when you know your package is delivered. But I think is also unethical spend thousands of dollars in have a legal status in this country, while others can have cars, mortgages, drivers licenses, only requiring fake social securities. Sick of pay for the "incompetence" of this government. Is that hard to make an almost impossible to copy social security card with a chip that include your information? They do that all over this planet in develop countries and they don't have this masive frauds that we suffer here. Yes no country is perfect but is beyond ridiculous to have an important piece of paper that even a monkey can reproduce. A piece of paper that allows you to do everything. Come on...

Edited by piticli

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread from 2011 closed because of age. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.