brianlara

221g proof of Domicile

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok My interview was on 19th of April and interview went well but they issued me 221g saying that please provide proof of Domicile U S for my wife. What should i do now? Which documents i need to send? Is it okey if i send her Driver licence copy, Bank statements what else could i send since she is student and did not file federal tax?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Proof of domicile is usually a job in the USA, Utility bills from the USA, an apartment or home lease/mortgage papers from the USA.

You will need much more than a copy of a drivers license and bank papers.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Addess where you intend to live in the US - followed by a lease or mortgage

Job letter showing start date

Voter registration card

Those are the big ones, this is a HUGE issue in Canada as well. They can get strict when it comes to domicile

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Letter from the university where she is enrolled.

Lease/ deeds of home.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I just had the same thing happen to me. The problem in my case is that my wife was subject to J-1 2 year rule, so I moved to China in order to be with her (and got married in China). Now, they are saying I no longer have a domicile in the USA.

Addess where you intend to live in the US - followed by a lease or mortgage

Job letter showing start date

Voter registration card

I own a car that is still registered in my name in the US. I have bank account records. I can get proof that I'm a registered voter.

However, finding a job or buying a home is not easy for me to do from outside the US. I don't want to move back to the US and be away from my wife for several months, assuming that she will eventually get a visa and join me later. What if it ends up being longer?

Are there any other suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Do I just need an job offer, or a signed agreement to accept a position, or do I actually have to start working in the US? What about an apartment rental instead of purchasing property?

The person I spoke to as USCIS citizen services told me there was a list of criteria for this and was going to give it to me, but was stopped by a supervisor who said it was not to be distributed to the public. Ugh... anyone know what is on the list?

Timeline

If, at the interview, your current evidence of domicile is not sufficient, the visa will not be issued. They will insist you re-establish domicile in the US before the visa is issued. Now, Montreal is exceptionally strict about this and spouses have had to be apart for months while the USC moves back to the US, establishes domicile then sends the evidence to Montreal and then waits for the visa to be issued

I don't know the strictness of the Chinese consulate regarding domicile. What you have may be enough, if it isn't you'll face a long separation from your wife anyway.

The only way to resolve the issue is to establish domicile, if you cannot do this to the critera by the consulate, the visa may not be issued

good luck

PS - on the 'list' are the things we've mentioned. A lease(indicating renting) or mortgage, a job, school, etc

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.