Messybrownhair

Reporting marriage to the Phil Consulate

36 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

here's a good question - are there any Benefits to NOT filing the ROM ?? thanks !

heya sis - bang penalty do do do !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That question will be answered when you try and renew your Filipino passport. You won't be able to.

But if you become a USC then there is no need for a Filipino passport so no need to file your ROM.

They could renew their passport in their single name without ROM. That of course creates other issues.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

They could renew their passport in their single name without ROM. That of course creates other issues.

I too see issues, issues and issues. Doesn't make sense not to unless of course the Filipino is planning on divorcing the USC. Then she can skip the divorce issue if she returns to the Phil to yet again remarry as there is no record. Illegal but hey.... people have done worse.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I too see issues, issues and issues. Doesn't make sense not to unless of course the Filipino is planning on divorcing the USC. Then she can skip the divorce issue if she returns to the Phil to yet again remarry as there is no record. Illegal but hey.... people have done worse.

No issues if she become a USC and does not want dual citizenship.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No issues if she become a USC and does not want dual citizenship.

Yup. I forgot that one. You can sidestep the ROM if needed with becoming a USC and don't try and renew your Filipino citizenship. Forever a USC.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What is a necro-post ? I was advised that it might be beneficial in certain situations not to file the ROM

I'll answer your necro-post:

Yes, you won't have to spend any more money, and you won't have to do any more paperwork.

Interesting.. I guess she can renew her Filipino passport with her old name if there is no ROM ?

Yup. I forgot that one. You can sidestep the ROM if needed with becoming a USC and don't try and renew your Filipino citizenship. Forever a USC.

What is a necro-post ? I was advised that it might be beneficial in certain situations not to file the ROM

Interesting.. I guess she can renew her Filipino passport with her old name if there is no ROM ?

She would have to do it while in the Philippines otherwise if she goes through the Consulate in the US it may raise some questions. It's just easier to not "tell a lie" then it is "defending the lie" and forgetting what you had said in the first place to create the lie. You don't gain anything. Just my opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

(verb) to comment on an internet thread long after the conversation has concluded, often using information
that did not exist at the time of the original thread.
Yes the Pilipinas passport can be renewed in the maiden name without completing ROM. Just make sure when booking airfare that the name on the ticket matches the name on the passport

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Is there ever a confirmation if the ROM process was completed? I did this a few months ago and I have no idea if it was done. All they did was send me a copy of the ROM form with seal and signature a week after I sent the files in.

Chinook reported our marriage, applied to reacquire her Filipino citizenship, and applied for a Filipino passport all at the same time. The only proof of reporting our marriage that I can remember is that my wife received her Filipino passport about a month or so later.

Is there ever a confirmation if the ROM process was completed? I did this a few months ago and I have no idea if it was done. All they did was send me a copy of the ROM form with seal and signature a week after I sent the files in.

Well, the assumptive answer is you have to trust the Filipino Government that they are going to do what they say they are going to. There is not confirmation, just that your documents were returned. I have a feeling that the Consulate uses you documents to electronically send to the Phil and it is then entered there or it maybe entered on the US side. Can't say for sure. If it were month or so before you heard back, it means they sent it through the Consulate mail and returned after processing to the Consulate in the US that you originally used and in turn they mailed it back to you. Sorry, can't tell you for sure what their process is. I'd have better luck in Las Vegas and I lose 99.999999% in LV. :rofl:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 2 weeks later...

hi question lang po.i am confused what to put po sa witnesses sa report of marriage form.it was only signature po nkalagay sa marriage license/contract nmen and di nmen kilala mga witnesses nmen kc kme lang ng husband ko nung ngpakasal sa court.what to put po kaya?n/a po?as we are not allowed to leave it blank.thanks po

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the assumptive answer is you have to trust the Filipino Government that they are going to do what they say they are going to. There is not confirmation, just that your documents were returned. I have a feeling that the Consulate uses you documents to electronically send to the Phil and it is then entered there or it maybe entered on the US side. Can't say for sure. If it were month or so before you heard back, it means they sent it through the Consulate mail and returned after processing to the Consulate in the US that you originally used and in turn they mailed it back to you. Sorry, can't tell you for sure what their process is. I'd have better luck in Las Vegas and I lose 99.999999% in LV. :rofl:

Hi!

I sent my ROM application couple of months ago… I was wondering too if there's such "Confirmation" from Philippine Consulate Gen in San Francisco. I went to their Facebook page and sent a PM inquiring about the status of my application. I was delighted to received a response. They ask my contact no. and promised that someone will call me. After few hours I received a call and the lady I talked with said "Due to volume of applications not only for ROM, delay of the processing is expected. They will only call the applicant if there's a need for more requirements or clarifications, otherwise they will not call and just wait. How long? Who knows…..

Overall atleast someone called me and tell me how it goes. I've done my part and all I can do now is stretch my "Patience" :sleepy::joy:

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

hi question lang po.i am confused what to put po sa witnesses sa report of marriage form.it was only signature po nkalagay sa marriage license/contract nmen and di nmen kilala mga witnesses nmen kc kme lang ng husband ko nung ngpakasal sa court.what to put po kaya?n/a po?as we are not allowed to leave it blank.thanks po

There are many here that can help you but they only speak English, including me. If you can repost your question in English, one of us will respond to your question.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.