Eddyy

Europeans in the US

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You know deina....it's one thing to express your feelings towards an ideea, or belief, and it's very different to imply something so dirty, especially since you don't even know me.

And for the record, just so you can sleep tonight, no, i didn't marry my husband because he is a us citizen. I just happen to believe and like the choices i made, at least it's better than beeing here and bit##ing and moaning about it.

If I said something about America, you come and say: we are not talking about romania vs usa but in the meantime you don't stop whining about Romania. You feel entitled to make remarks about our lifes here but if my doubts looks dirty is becoming something personal towards you , special when I don't know you, as if you thou know me! And what is dirty about feeling of love?! When: “Love consists in desiring to give what is our own to another and feeling his delight as our own.” by Emanuel Swedenborg.

Anyway.. I stop now cause' I don't like arguing words especially if you feel offended.

All the best for you and your loved ones.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I know everything going on in Romania...more than you probably do. Yes, there are cuts...and yes there are is unemployment, but the measures that where implemented in Romania 12 months ago are just now implemented here in the US (see budget cuts and spending etc.). I think you have a lot of guts to ask me all that you do, especially since you know nothing about me...and if I told you that I know what it's like to work hard for everything you have...or what is like to have a mother (who has a history with strokes) who has to live with a pension in Romania, maybe (just maybe) you'd cut the sarcasm. I doubt you had any of my experiences. I studied history in college...so I might know a few things about empty speeches, promises and demagogy in politics. I might also be tired of hearing people complaining about what Romania doesn't offer them, which makes me think of the famous "Don't ask what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country" (JFK, Fyi). To fulfill your curiosity, I'm here cuz I'm madly in love with my husband, not with America.

This topic is closed for me, as i think you've gone kinda far and the OP is sick of the monopoly Romanians formed on his thread. Enjoy your life here.

"Don't ask what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country"

:thumbs:

This is also one of my principles!! Because of this is all this strife...

Edited by Deina

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I hate to say this because i love my country just as much you do, romania is indeed a beautiful country, but as somone once said "romania is beautiful, it's a pitty there are people living in it". We get what we deserve, we think we are smart, when in fact we are not, we are a country who made all the wrong choices, and then blamed everybody else for the misfortunes. We need to start taking some responsability for our actions, and stop geting ofended when people speak the truth.

People make these kind of remarks because that's all they know about our country. Can i blame them? Nope...they say what they know...and it's not their fault for our bad reputation....

It's sad...but after we elected the drunken don't give a s##it president the second time around that's when i knew ...we are not just ignorant ..but we actually deserve what's coming to us...

You probbably think i am not a patriot and you are probably right, my country didn't give me any reason to be. :(

And Bush was also president twice....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

i think he was jocking more than anything else, but for those of you who haven't been in romania in a long time let me give you a summary of happened in the last 5 years, a more realistic aproach of the land of choice called romania:

We elected a drunk worthless, greedy president who brought us further back than the comunism ever did

Then we elected him again, like the first rape wasn't enough, so he raped us again, meaning they stole too much money and they couldn't cover it so they had to cut salaries(25%), pensions(15%), kids alimony, and the list goes on and on. Romania is the only country in europe with such low salaries, and on top of that they cut them again

Because of that, old people could not afford to buy their medicine, people could not afford to heat their homes in the winter, not to mention the most people could not buy proper food.

The median income in a romanian family is around 500 us dollars and that is if mom and dad both work, everything from clothing to food is AS if not more expensive than US.

SO...yes...i believe romanian people live in dark times. For the people who live here in us and go home every now and then, of course romania is bright, but when you actually live there and every day you wonder where will you get the money to pay bills and feed your kids...it's not a hunky dory situation. Most retired people in romania eat bread beans and potatoes, as they can not afford anything else...

I am not questioning or puting you guys down for beeing patriots, it's actually a good thing that you can still be so pasionate about it after the fact that your own country couldn't give you a decent life.

Let's be honest how many of you would return to romania to live there?

I know it sounds horrible what i am saying right now, i might even slap myself later, but it's the truth, the very sad inconvenient truth.

Unfortunetly this is true 100%, not to mention that the tax is 24% on everything if I remember correcly

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Central Europe . . . hmmm

Nothing as exciting as a guessing game on Saturday morning.

Okay, I go first: you are from the dark side, Romania or Bulgaria or Hungary perhaps?

:) it makes me laugh when someone from Germany calls other countries dark side of Europe. Did you ever go school? If i was you i would keep it quiet. If any country can be called dark side is, Germany with the Naczy blood #######.

Edited by steve68

• 3 weeks later...

Bosnia/Norway anyone? Both rock :D

Plenty of Bosnians, Serbians, Croatians on the forum - you can find them in two topics on the regional forum.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Plenty of Bosnians, Serbians, Croatians on the forum - you can find them in two topics on the regional forum.

maybe they said dark side because of dracula :P

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.