anitta

USCIS lost my EAD application

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

UGH!!!! I just got off the phone with USCIS. They've lost my I-765 application. I sent my I-485 & I-765 in february, received only 1 NOA

but didn't think too much of it until recently when I kept reading how most people get separate ones for each application.

The officer suggested I send in a new application. I have my AOS inteview on may 13th so I was just thinking of waiting for that, but he

said the interview doesn't mean much, there's no telling if I'll get approved that day or not, it might take months after it.

If you were not approved at your interview, how long did it take?

And also has anyone gotten their EAD application expedited? how long did that take?

AOS

02/12/2011 AOS/EAD sent

02/14/2011 Received at Chicago

02/17/2011 Text/Email notifications and check cashed

02/22/2011 Hard copy of NOA

02/25/2011 Biometrics appointment in the mail

03/02/2011 Text/Email about RFE

03/07/2011 Received RFE

03/22/2011 Biometrics appointment

03/28/2011 RFE sent

03/31/2011 RFE under review

04/08/2011 Text/Email for interview on 05/13!!!

05/13/2011 Interview--->Approved!!!

05/19/2011 Received the welcome letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

He's right that you can wait a long while but it's very rare. You should have kept a copy of the docs from the EAD application anyway so it's pretty simple to just send the I-765 stuff again with the NOA1 from AOS. It won't hurt to do so.

Typically you will hear approved at the interview, OR they will tell you about ROC but tell you they have to review the file and then you get home from the interview and the status is updated to approved. I did read of at least one person who has been waiting around 2 years for some bizarre reason and that's NOT normal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tell me about it, They lost my I-485 and ofcourse they would deny our I 765 coz we filed it together.Geeez,USCIS should hire more efficient workers.:wacko: We just filed everything together again today.Good luck to u!

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.