Amber & Ahmed

I AM SOOOO ANGRY

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I am sorry about your situation! I would be totally devastated. I think you should calm down and accept it as it is. I don't think you can fight anything if it is true that the embassy was closed. I would probably try to schedule another trip to see him. However, I am sure since they re-opened things will pick-up. Good luck!

I beg to disagree, it is MY RIGHT as an American Citizen that upholds our laws, pays my taxes, votes on all issues including immigration to have my husband to live with me here. Betsy, I always have respected your opinions even if we do not see eye to eye, but please do not come at me trying to refer to me needing big girl panties, while it is good for a chuckle :lol: , it hardly seems an appropriate way to refer to me and what I may be needing to do.

I also feel I am used to this process, and I have handle it rather well, but I will never accept being lied to, and if their workers are misinformed and misinforming others, I feel it is a huge problem that needs to be addressed with more management/employee discourse.

The Bill of Rights does not include immigration as one of them, so no, you are not entitled by right as an American citizen to have your spouse here. I wish you luck in getting your spouse here quickly, though.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am so PISSED OFF!!!!!!!! :ranting: I am just so SICK and TIRED! :crying: So today I seen a post made by Wendy about the NVC and I called the NVC myself this morning and let me tell you I am so angry and frustrated with those people!!!!!!!!! For the last few weeks I and many others have been told so many conflicting things, and today I have had enough! :protest:

Today I finally have reached my boiling point and I believe the operator at the NVC heard that in my voice and quickly passed me off to a supervisor. :bonk:

For weeks I have been told the NVC is scheduling interviews with the embassy but due to a limited compacity there are only so many interviews being made. So I thought hey I can accept that, for sure there were people ahead of me and Ahmed and they should get their interview first, I seen a ray of hope because well atleast some of us NVCers were getting in too. :whistle: But today finally I heard the real truth? :blink: In all reality NO INTERVIEWS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED FROM THE NVC! :wow: Surely this is a JOKE right? No its not, also I was told they are waiting for the embassy to reopen?!?!?! :diablo: This is the point where I have lost it and slipped into insanity... ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING? I told that woman don't give me that sister... I KNOW THE EMBASSY IS OPEN! She then went on to tell me that they do not know when or if any interviews will be scheduled for May or June.:cry: She also said "IF" anyone from the NVC told me they were scheduling interviews they were wrong and misinformed or misunderstood. :angry:

i AM TELLING YOU FOLKS i AM SO SICK RIGHT NOW! How can they keep playing with us and just telling us whatever they want to tell us? How about some truth? I always used to say... lie to me, just make it sound good... well kudos to the NVC workers, they have it down to an art! :thumbs:

I'm just sitting here in complete shock right now. :cry: I am usually so much stronger than this, but I feel like breaking down, I don't know what to do. I mean come on isnt it bad enough to wait the 5+ months at the USCIS then throw in more time for the NVC then all the idle time of waiting for an interview, and let's not forget to figure in the dreaded AP time that some folks get but we also have to be misinformed and misguided on top of all that? Well I have had it! How about treating us with more respect? Atleast tell us the real truth and let us settle in knowing we know what to expect and can come to some kind of terms with it and deal with it best way we can, because all this misinformation doesn't do anything but add insult to injury.

Hey NVC... WHY DON'T YOU GET IT RIGHT ALREADY!!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

According to your stats under your name, you came here on an FB4 visa. Is that for a brother or sister? I think that is a bit different than being separated from your spouse. If you don't have anything nice to say....then just leave a topic, you don't NEED to post, especially if you have no way to know what this person is going through.

absolutely ridiculous, you don't know my circumstances!!!!! you conclude all this from me just by seeing that I came through FB4, silly!!!!

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I completely understand what you are going through. I am at the 5 mth mark soon to be married 6 months and I am a wreck. Like you I am usually very strong, but the reason we think we are not being strong now is because our future is so uncertain. Tell me that my husband will be allowed to come to the United States on April 15, 2012 and I can live with that. But not knowing when of if he will be coming is killing me. And making me work for it. Making me worry that I will have to start calling everyone to push this visa through or if I made a tiny mistake or if the mail did not come I would be denied.

This is a terrible process and we all pray we are one of the lucky ones that get processed sooner than later. Hang in there!!!

Terry

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am sorry about your situation! I would be totally devastated. I think you should calm down and accept it as it is. I don't think you can fight anything if it is true that the embassy was closed. I would probably try to schedule another trip to see him. However, I am sure since they re-opened things will pick-up. Good luck!

I guess what I am really after with my ranting and emailing is common courtesy. These offices are in a position where any information we do get is from them. I am thinking not only of myself and Ahmed, but I am thinking of others that will go down this immigration path. We desereve the right to be updated a lot more clearly with solid factual truths. Yes we all know there is a process that must be done and each step clears the way for the next step, and we all decided to take it, but throughout this journey the information and instruction need to be more clear.

I am considering going to Egypt and just staying by Ahmed's side for the remainder of this intitial process to get him to the U.S. Thank you so much for taking the time to post here and offer your support to me and others in the same situation. :star:

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

The Bill of Rights does not include immigration as one of them, so no, you are not entitled by right as an American citizen to have your spouse here. I wish you luck in getting your spouse here quickly, though.

I beg to differ. The bill of rights are not the only document that dictates what our rights as American Citizens are. It doesn't even spell out all of our rights, just a narrow portion defined in those ten amendments. There are 17 other amendments and the constitution itsself which has been interpreted to guarnatee basic human rights as well.

Well it is nice to see the NVC finally is getting their ducks in a row and giving us all the SAME information, its about time! I am sorry your wait has been so long, really it is hard to adjust to knowing there is more waiting ahead, but hey we are all strong enough to do it, as long as we get THE CORRECT INFORMATION!

Dont say that too loudly or they will break out their response randomizer again. I think giving consistent answers violates their standard policies :devil:

Edited by Casprd

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

Yes, I do know The Bill of Rights so well, while it does not state that it is a right for a husband and wife to be allowed to live together, it is a right none the less. You see I believe God gave the husband a right to leave his parent's house and join with his wife. See we can talk religion or and what is our rights as children of God, but usually I do not get into debates about religion. What I did mean is I earned a right by meeting all the conditions set forth by our government to bring my husband here, So I do see it as a right and a priviledge.

Thank you for wishing us well and I do wish you the same!!! It is always good to have replies such as yours, disagree, yet are a decent person with the best of intentions when replying to someone's cry out for help and discussion. (F)

I completely understand what you are going through. I am at the 5 mth mark soon to be married 6 months and I am a wreck. Like you I am usually very strong, but the reason we think we are not being strong now is because our future is so uncertain. Tell me that my husband will be allowed to come to the United States on April 15, 2012 and I can live with that. But not knowing when of if he will be coming is killing me. And making me work for it. Making me worry that I will have to start calling everyone to push this visa through or if I made a tiny mistake or if the mail did not come I would be denied.

This is a terrible process and we all pray we are one of the lucky ones that get processed sooner than later. Hang in there!!!

Terry

And I know what you mean too!!! Hang in there sister! :thumbs: We will all make it thru!

Timeline

I beg to differ. The bill of rights are not the only document that dictates what our rights as American Citizens are. It doesn't even spell out all of our rights, just a narrow portion defined in those ten amendments. There are 17 other amendments and the constitution itsself which has been interpreted to guarnatee basic human rights as well.

:thumbs:

Dont say that too loudly or they will break out their response randomizer again. I think giving consistent answers violates their standard policies :devil:

:lol:

ooooh Amber I just read your posts. :( That's total ####### the NVC and who ever else in the gov. are putting you two thru! I don't understand why other people come here only to give negative remarks that doesn't help anything... :no:

I totally agree with you it's a basic natural human right to be with one's husband/wife. :thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well good luck to you. Read just about every post in every forum that references speaking to USCIS or NVC or the Embassy and you will see it is riddled with lie, after misinformation, after lie. No matter how many calls you make or letters you write or how much fuss you kick up it's not going to change anything. But if it gives you something to focus on go for it. I would also like for you to tell me where in the constitution that you are granted the "right" for your spouse to immigrate to the United States? It is a privilege not a right. Your only option if you aren't happy with the pace and/or service of our immigration services is to go live in your spouse's home country. Otherwise, you are going to have to wait just like so many before you.

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

sorry wendy for what u r going through

but its amazing to see people here who ask u to chill and not get angry and even some people tells u to stop complaning and i alwayes wonder , are those people really cold hearted or rude or it doesnt make any difference to have u loved ones next to u i dont think they care about all this !!!!!!! which makes me even wonder if they r in love or not ?

sorry for what u r going through and again just feel free to express how u feel about the whole immgration misrey and dont give a ###### about who thinks that u r here only to complain

good luck

Mina&Mariam

Timeline

Well Betsy.... there is.. taken directly from the Bill of Rights....

1st Amendment: Freedom of (or from) religion. Freedom of speech. Freedom to assemble. Freedom to petition the government. (Which we have done.)

9th Amendment: The listing of a right in any other part of the Constitution does not imply that other unlisted rights do not exist. Supreme Court decisions have found a handful of important rights that fall under the 9th Amendment, such as the right to privacy. (Ahhhh so you mean to tell me we have more rights than just outlined in the Constitution???)

14th Amendment: Right to citizenship of any person born in the United States. Right to equal protection of the national and state laws. Right to be free of any law that abridges the privileges or immunities of a citizen. Right to be free of any law that deprives a person of life, liberty, or property without due process. (Well that about sums it up right there? All wrapped up with a pretty lil bow)

Edited by Amber & Ahmed

I stumbled upon your post and please accept me heartfelt sympathies - one must never be subject to this conundrum, but please have heart and keep faith that soon things will work out and the pace shall pick up; I won't say you both will look back to this day and laugh about, for sadly its a wound you'll carry until you're united with your loved one, yet nonetheless it is time & space - and like all things it'll come to pass. Hang in there, God bless and best of luck.

Timeline

I stumbled upon your post and please accept me heartfelt sympathies - one must never be subject to this conundrum, but please have heart and keep faith that soon things will work out and the pace shall pick up; I won't say you both will look back to this day and laugh about, for sadly its a wound you'll carry until you're united with your loved one, yet nonetheless it is time & space - and like all things it'll come to pass. Hang in there, God bless and best of luck.

Thank you Gil, I am so sure things will pick up very soon, Best wishes to you also!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.