Dante & Geor

Bringing my child

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Me and my fiance have a child in common he is almost 4. Mi fiance is petitioning me and our son. Does my son has the possibility to be rejected? Does he have to petition him as his son? or do you think is ok for him to go for a K-2?? Please I need some advice...

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A child in common should be a US citizen by birth and registered at the US consulate getting a US passport, no need for a visa. Unless perhaps birth was before petitioner became a US citizen, as in naturalized after child born, and then filing petition for fiancee.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

A child in common should be a US citizen by birth and registered at the US consulate getting a US passport, no need for a visa. Unless perhaps birth was before petitioner became a US citizen, as in naturalized after child born, and then filing petition for fiancee.

We first tried to get him his passport, but by the time we tried that the Embassy discovered several cases of people who tried to register children as their own when they weren't. So the consul ask us to bring a DNA test to prove my son's paternity, as you can imagine my fiance was so angry he almost fight with this guy who asked us that, I guess because he is a son out of wedlock... that's why we're trying to get the k-1 and k-2 visa for us to go there, once there he will get our son his passport directly and not going through the AOS.

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Timeline

We're trying this also because DNA tests here in Peru, when it'f for the embassy costs about 2 thousand dollars. And for the time we tried to get my son's passport it was money we didn't have to spent on an unnecessary test

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A child with a potential claim to citizenship will often not be issued a visa. So it's probably best to get started on the DNA test.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We first tried to get him his passport, but by the time we tried that the Embassy discovered several cases of people who tried to register children as their own when they weren't. So the consul ask us to bring a DNA test to prove my son's paternity, as you can imagine my fiance was so angry he almost fight with this guy who asked us that, I guess because he is a son out of wedlock... that's why we're trying to get the k-1 and k-2 visa for us to go there, once there he will get our son his passport directly and not going through the AOS.

You've already notified the US consulate that your son has a claim to US citizenship. There is no way they're going to issue any sort of visa to your son. Get the DNA test done and finish the CRBA process.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.