magicjack

My INTERVIEW Experience

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

INTERVIEW DATE = APRIL 4, 2011

TIME = 6:25 am

the Night before the interview i have no sleep at all, i lay in my bed as early as 7:30 pm and until 2am I cannot sleep so i get my things to be ready and at exactly 3:00am i left home. Ive arrived at USEM at exactly 4:15am and all of us are in the waiting area..At 5:30am the guard said to us "ALL the applicants which the interview time is 6:15 to 6:30 please fall in line and they divided us in different visa category. At exactly 6:15am we started to move to go inside the embassy..

here's the sequence of steps:

1 The Guard inspected my appointment letter and inspect my ID's (i have 2 the PRC and Postal)

2.Then when inside there's a lady who's checking again the appointment letter and ID's and said to me 'GO to the THIRD DOOR"

3. I go inside the Third door and they check my things (NO CELLPHONE, ELECTRONICS GADGETS, USB, FOOD or else you will be rescheduled (but candy is allowed). then i opened the next door.

4.I GO in the Window says "IMMIGRANTS AND K1 visa" They Checked My appointment letter again and gave me my NUMBER which is 7000 and checked my DS FORMS if COMPLETE and they Staple it' and for me the staff there said my Forms are well organized" and i said thank you to them and they said Go to the 2nd door and drop your appointment letter in WINDOW 39"

5.I GO Inside and drop my appointment letter in window 39 and take a seat. And patiently looking at the que board to know what window will i supposed to go "Then my number appear and i Go to the Window 38

6. in WINDOW 38, a Filipino woman checked again my DS forms' and take them to attached to my file and again i take a seat

7.In window 41 , an Chinese american girl interview me "what is my name and my birthday" and then BIometrics done and take a seat again.

8. in window 48, A Filipino Interview me " WHat is my name, Who petition me, How did we met?, He get the affidavit of support,FORM 1040, W2 and employment letter , NBI, CENOMAR, BIRTH CERTIFICATE and PICTURES. Since we have a Co- sponsor which is my uncle, He was shouting because he insisted that my uncle is the one who introduced my fiance to me which is not!!! and ill already shouted him also because he was so rude and He throw my picture to me and said take a seat' I was so nervous that time and i almost think that im going to be denied.

9. In window 68, A Black american Consul interviewed me' in spite of im so nervous because of what happen earlier " still im smiling at him" then I take an oath and he start questioning me like

"what is your name?

"who petition you?

How DID you meet?

Did your fiance lives with his mother or father?

who is the eldest in his brother and sister?

"then he checked my DS FORMS and said " OH YOU ARE A NURSE" and i hurriedly say YES! then he asked " DO you intend to work in the us as a NURSE" and i said yes sir! and the He said " OK MAAM YOUR VISA IS APPROVED YOU MAY TAKE YOUR SEAT AND WAIT TO YOUR NUMBER TO BE CALLED" and i stare at him and smiling and i said " THANK YOU SIR! HAVE A BLESSED DAY! and he just smile at me! ( it took about 2 minutes or less) im so lucky!! it was so fast!!

10. last In window 72 (releasing section) they gave me a WHITE SLIP and i fill it up and bring to window 42 for the courier! and i went home ^______________^ (I was so happy and i gonna throw a party!!) YES!!! :D:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the Night before the interview i have no sleep at all, i lay in my bed as early as 7:30 pm and until 2am I cannot sleep so i get my things to be ready and at exactly 3:00am i left home. Ive arrived at USEM at exactly 4:15am and all of us are in the waiting area..At 5:30am the guard said to us "ALL the applicants which the interview time is 6:15 to 6:30 please fall in line and they divided us in different visa category. At exactly 6:15am we started to move to go inside the embassy..

1 The Guard inspected my appointment letter and inspect my ID's (i have 2 the PRC and Postal)

2.Then when inside there's a lady who's checking again the appointment letter and ID's and said to me 'GO to the THIRD DOOR"

3. I go inside the Third door and they check my things (NO CELLPHONE, ELECTRONICS GADGETS, USB, FOOD or else you will be rescheduled (but candy is allowed). then i opened the next door.

4.I GO in the Window says "IMMIGRANTS AND K1 visa" They Checked My appointment letter again and gave me my NUMBER which is 7000 and checked my DS FORMS if COMPLETE and they Staple it' and for me the staff there said my Forms are well organized" and i said thank you to them and they said Go to the 2nd door and drop your appointment letter in WINDOW 39"

5.I GO Inside and drop my appointment letter in window 39 and take a seat. And patiently looking at the que board to know what window will i supposed to go "Then my number appear and i Go to the Window 38

6. in WINDOW 38, a Filipino woman checked again my DS forms' and take them to attached to my file and again i take a seat

7.In window 41 , an Chinese american girl interview me "what is my name and my birthday" and then BIometrics done and take a seat again.

8. in window 48, A Filipino Interview me " WHat is my name, Who petition me, How did we met?, He get the affidavit of support,FORM 1040, W2 and employment letter , NBI, CENOMAR, BIRTH CERTIFICATE and PICTURES. Since we have a Co- sponsor which is my uncle, He was shouting because he insisted that my uncle is the one who introduced my fiance to me which is not!!! and ill already shouted him also because he was so rude and He throw my picture to me and said take a seat' I was so nervous that time and i almost think that im going to be denied.

9. In window 68, A Black american Consul interviewed me' in spite of im so nervous because of what happen earlier " still im smiling at him" then I take an oath and he start questioning me like

"what is your name?

"who petition you?

How DID you meet?

"then he checked my DS FORMS and said " OH YOU ARE A NURSE" and i hurriedly say YES! then he asked " DO you intend to work in the us as a NURSE" and i said yes sir! and the He said " OK MAAM YOUR VISA IS APPROVED YOU MAY TAKE YOUR SEAT AND WAIT TO YOUR NUMBER TO BE CALLED" and i stare at him and smiling and i said " THANK YOU SIR! HAVE A BLESSED DAY! and he just smile at me! ( it took about 2 minutes or less) im so lucky!! it was so fast!!

10. last In window 72 (releasing section) they gave me a WHITE SLIP and i fill it up and bring to window 42 for the courier! and i went home ^______________^ (I was so happy and i gonna throw a party!!) YES!!! :D:thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS! At least you dont have to worry about a thing now. BTw, why did u get a co-sponsor? We're also thinking getting a co-sponsor with my fiance which is his mom coz he's in his Masters Program. Do you think we're good with that?

congratulations.jpg

Congratulations! We are just on the 4th month of waiting and cannot wait til we get approved as well. That's also my problem.. I'm a nurse as well, but not really my intention why I'm going to the States. It's just a circumstance. Hope mine's push through as well.

congratulations.jpg

Congratulations! We are just on the 4th month of waiting and cannot wait til we get approved as well. That's also my problem.. I'm a nurse as well, but not really my intention why I'm going to the States. It's just a circumstance. Hope mine's push through as well.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

...saw your posting on the front page of visajourney and had to read it - and it made me smile - thank you for doing that :)

Maxximus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats!! I almost had a heart attack reading it :rofl: Code Blue Visa Journey Code Blue Visa Journey :rofl:

People get nervous and say the wrong things there. I'm glad you kept yourself together.

:thumbs:

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

woooow! congratulations...

One smile One touch One embrace One kiss One love Two people Two minds Two souls Two destinies One road One journey One ending

Together.

I-129F Sent: 2010-12-21

I-129F NOA1: 2010-12-28

I-129F NOA2: 2011-04-07

NVC Received: 2011-04-12

NVC Left: 2011-04-17

Consulate Received:2011-04-26

Packet 3 Received: 2011-04-27

Packet 3 Sent: 2011-04-29

Interview Date: 2011-05-23

Interview Result: APPROVED

Visa Received: 2011-05-27

Date of US Entry: 2011-06-10

Wedding day: 2011-07-08

Filed AOS & EAD: 2011-08-19

NOA1: 2011-08-24

Biometrics: 2011-09-27

AOS Interview: 2011-11-14

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

:thumbs:

"what is your name?

"who petition you?

How DID you meet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.