zippycanuck

Biometric appointment letter not received

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My application was received in Lewisville on 3/2/2011. Tracking status on USCIS website indicates biometric letter was mailed on 3/15/2011, but it still has not come in the mail. Viewing timelines of others, I notice that most applicants received their biometric appt letters within 3 to 5 days, or usually within one week. Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Zip

My application was received in Lewisville on 3/2/2011. Tracking status on USCIS website indicates biometric letter was mailed on 3/15/2011, but it still has not come in the mail. Viewing timelines of others, I notice that most applicants received their biometric appt letters within 3 to 5 days, or usually within one week. Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Zip

Goes like this... USCIS recieved your Application together w/ the payment worth of $680.& now USCIS will send a letter get back to you which a copy of reciept confirming that they recieved your application. another saying is.. they will be going to review your application. /if everything is correct with no lacking Required. this would be 4 to 5 weeks to take..the process before you will get the 2nd notice from USCIS for Biometric/fingerprint Schedule..at the day of your appointment they will handed o you a book w/ CD for preparation for interview. so when you done this step.. but this will took like 12 to 13 weeks.. If you are cleared by the FBI. you will recieved a 3rd notice from USCIS for Interview.." Included the information/ and tip of what to bring for your interview .this will take 30 to 35 days prior for schedule.. on this step if you pass the Civic test which are Reading ,writing,speaking and most have a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government On this step of process .if get you pass.IO will hand a paper for you to sign. Then IO were told us to w8 outside and w8 for your name to be called for final step.These could be have two opt.there some states that you could have your Out ceremony at the same day of your interview, some states may not.. like New York.. but that would take 25 days or less.. Good luck..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi.

If you really worried about this issue. and u not sure if the Letter was really sent to you, then it might got lost or something happend. Just in case and for peace of mind. Call USCIS on their number. and ask the Customer service to speak to 2nd Officer. if they try to offer help dont listen to them insist that u want to speak to 2nd officer he/she has better access to ur case more than them. and from there u will know if the Bio. letter was sent or not yet.

Keep us Updated.

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is an in incredibly fast turn around time to be receiving a biometrics notice! You say that USCIS received your application on March 2 and mailed the biometrics notice on March 15 - it is currently March 27. When did you receive the NOA1 acknowledging receipt? That usually comes within the first 1 to 2 weeks - which would fit into a March 15th mail out. The biometrics notice is generally the one that says an RFE has been issued and processing on your case has stopped until the necessary information is received. For most people that notice tends to go out about 3 weeks to a month - not 3 to 5 days - after the application has been received with the appointment set for about 10 days to 2 weeks after that (for example, my N400 was mailed on April 30th, the NOA1 was May 6 and the biometrics was received 2 weeks later for June 3rd). Are you sure it was the Biometrics notice that was mailed? Regardless, give it a few more days for the letter you are tracking to arrive. USCIS won't actually do anything about it until at least 30 days have passed since it was sent and you have not yet received it.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

That is an in incredibly fast turn around time to be receiving a biometrics notice! You say that USCIS received your application on March 2 and mailed the biometrics notice on March 15 - it is currently March 27. When did you receive the NOA1 acknowledging receipt? That usually comes within the first 1 to 2 weeks - which would fit into a March 15th mail out. The biometrics notice is generally the one that says an RFE has been issued and processing on your case has stopped until the necessary information is received. For most people that notice tends to go out about 3 weeks to a month - not 3 to 5 days - after the application has been received with the appointment set for about 10 days to 2 weeks after that (for example, my N400 was mailed on April 30th, the NOA1 was May 6 and the biometrics was received 2 weeks later for June 3rd). Are you sure it was the Biometrics notice that was mailed? Regardless, give it a few more days for the letter you are tracking to arrive. USCIS won't actually do anything about it until at least 30 days have passed since it was sent and you have not yet received it.

I was thinking the same. It can't possibly be a biometrics notice. It's got to be the NOA1 reciept. If it really is biometrics, I'll bet it's the fastest notice ever.

Timeline

I was thinking the same. It can't possibly be a biometrics notice. It's got to be the NOA1 reciept. If it really is biometrics, I'll bet it's the fastest notice ever.

Yes, received the NOA1 letter in the mail on 3/10/2011. The letter was generated 3/7/2011, five days after USCIS received my application. Guess that's why I'm anxious about the Biometric Appt letter--I thought it would arrive shortly after the USCIS tracking website indicated a mail out date of March 15. *sigh*

Hopefully it will arrive this week.

Thanks,

Zip

Nope, takes awhile to get the bio appt letter!

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Nope, takes awhile to get the bio appt letter!

It's 30 days+ since N400 application was received by USCIS and still no Biometric Appt Letter as of today (4/5/2011). Called 800-375-5283 to request an appt and letter. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Zip

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Good news! Received the Biometric Appointment letter yesterday, 4/25/11. Today, 4/26, I went down to application support center and asked if my biometrics could be done early due to a scheduling conflict. They let me do them as a walk-in. Now the interview...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

According to the March filers thread - your timeline isn't really that off - quite a few folks seemed to only recently have had fingerprints done. None have interview dates yet.

Hurry up and wait!

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.