9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello VJ friends

Tomorrow is the big day for us.We have our interview to get the green card. We are really nervous about what's going to happen. I wonder if others have alot evidence because we don't have that many. We have followed everything that others members had suggested on this webside. I really amazed and proud that we had filed without any attorney and had save alot of money. I want to thank you all you guys for the advice that you had provide troughtout this website.

So far I have all this documents:

- Appointment letter

- My wife passport (mexican)

- IRS Incometax transcrips

- Employment letter

- Paystubs

- Birth Certificates (with translations)

- Certified marriage certificate.

- Supporting evidence:

- PhotoAlbum with 100 photos

- Apartment lease agreetment

- bank statements

- HealthInsurance documents

- Cellphone bill with both names

- Wedding cards that we received

Do you guys think that is enough? With my fiance(now wife) been here since July of last year we do'nt have that much. Please any advice :huh: that you may feel would help us and your comments are really appreciated.

Time Line

01-30-2010 Sent I-129F via USPS certified.

02-01-2010 Received USPS confirmation.

02-08-2010 Received NOA1

03-12-2010 Case updated text alert.

03-12-2010 Checked Status online: Case approved! Weepaaa!!

03-15-2010 Received NOA2

04-02-2010 Received letter from NVC case sent to Juarez's Consulate

05-11-2010 Juarez US consulate received our case.

05-13-2010 Juarez US consulate sent K1 instructions packet to my fiance.

05-25-2010 Received instructions packet.

07-06-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the medical evaluation.

07-07-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the Visa Interview.APPROVE!!

07-18-2010 POE Los Angeles,CA

09-24-2010 We got MARRIED!!!!

12-08-2010 Sent AOS Package

12-27-2010 Received NOA1

02-11-2011 Biometrics Appoitment in Riverside, CA 11am

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They did not ask for my passport but I took it and my original birth certificate. They will ask you for photo ID

of you example Drivers License, State ID, or Military ID. If you have Life Insurance with her listed as benefiary

you can take that to, but you do have plenty with what you have listed.

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you Nadia & Erick for your suggestions. I just remember that I added my wife back in November to my Life Insurance as my beneficiary. Let me check if I still time to request that to my insurance carrier. That is an excelence idea. :thumbs:

Time Line

01-30-2010 Sent I-129F via USPS certified.

02-01-2010 Received USPS confirmation.

02-08-2010 Received NOA1

03-12-2010 Case updated text alert.

03-12-2010 Checked Status online: Case approved! Weepaaa!!

03-15-2010 Received NOA2

04-02-2010 Received letter from NVC case sent to Juarez's Consulate

05-11-2010 Juarez US consulate received our case.

05-13-2010 Juarez US consulate sent K1 instructions packet to my fiance.

05-25-2010 Received instructions packet.

07-06-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the medical evaluation.

07-07-2010 Ciudad Juarez for the Visa Interview.APPROVE!!

07-18-2010 POE Los Angeles,CA

09-24-2010 We got MARRIED!!!!

12-08-2010 Sent AOS Package

12-27-2010 Received NOA1

02-11-2011 Biometrics Appoitment in Riverside, CA 11am

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You seems like you have everything. Try to relax.yesterday I went in for my interview and it was easier than I thought I would be I feel dumb after because I got myself so worked up and nervous for no reason. He didn't even ask me to show him any evidence or anything except for my passport and birth certificate.he did not ask me any questions about my relationship and he didn't ask my husband any question.we were done in 5 min

All in all my interview went well I guess,the only problem I had was that I was arrested in 2007 and was charge with disorderly person so he said he is going to have to let a supervisor review my arrest and decide with I should get approve or not.

My lawyer call me this morning though and said not to worry about anything because it's just standard proceedor when you have a arrest.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You have more than we did and we got approved. It really isn't that stressful of an interview. You actually walk out wondering really that was it?? Sit back relax, you're ready for this :)

K-3 Visa Interview Date : 2009-10-19 Approved POE: 2009-10-28 Emerson ND

See time-line or Profile for more info

EAD

2010-06-07: Date Filed

2010-10-16: EAD in hand!

2010-10-23: SSN Received in normal post!!

AoS- Chicago Lock Box

2010-10-18(Day 1): Mailed again :)

2011-03-17(Day 159): Interview - Review file response

2011-03-18(Day 160): Card production email/text for Green Card!

2011-03-21(Day 163): Welcome to USA letter received

2011-03-22(Day 164): Another text for card production! Start printing GC?

2011-03-23(Day 165): Text/email moving into post decision activity! Mail GC?

2011-03-26(Day 168): GC in hand and done for 3-10 years depending on the citizenship decision...Still unsure!

N400 - Dallas Lock box

2017-02-13(Day 1): Finally made the decision to apply for citizenship. Package went in mail

2017-02-16(Day 4): 1st NOA "went background checks are complete interview will be scheduled" no mention of Biometrics

2017-03-03(Day 15) Biometrics letter arrives scheduled for 2017-03-13 Might try a walk in earlier

Filed: Timeline

it looks like you guys have everything down packed..thats preety much everything that is asked for..we hopefully soon will be going to cuidad juarez too keep us informed how it went for you guys wish you guys all the best and congrats it looks like your almost there...let us know how the visa process goes i heard they no longer give you visa same day it goes to dhl and it takes a couple of days good luck guys :yes::yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

it looks like you guys have everything down packed..thats preety much everything that is asked for..we hopefully soon will be going to cuidad juarez too keep us informed how it went for you guys wish you guys all the best and congrats it looks like your almost there...let us know how the visa process goes i heard they no longer give you visa same day it goes to dhl and it takes a couple of days good luck guys :yes::yes:

Hi guys...I have couple of questions regarding the upcoming AOS interview. Do i have to have certified copy of the marriage cert? Secondly, tax return for this year hasnt been filed as yet, will that make a difference? Interview is next week and even if we file the tax return, we wont get it before the interview.

Please let me know

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You seems like you have everything. Try to relax.yesterday I went in for my interview and it was easier than I thought I would be I feel dumb after because I got myself so worked up and nervous for no reason. He didn't even ask me to show him any evidence or anything except for my passport and birth certificate.he did not ask me any questions about my relationship and he didn't ask my husband any question.we were done in 5 min

All in all my interview went well I guess,the only problem I had was that I was arrested in 2007 and was charge with disorderly person so he said he is going to have to let a supervisor review my arrest and decide with I should get approve or not.

My lawyer call me this morning though and said not to worry about anything because it's just standard proceedor when you have a arrest.

Good luck!

It's obvious u guys hav been able to established proofs of bonafide marriage as requested. U would be fine. It would be fine if either of u have kids in school, if ur spouse's name can be added on the adult pick up list. This has been prooven to help too. It would be just an addendum, otherwise, u both look prettty good. Good luck...:-)

I am wishing you best of luck too Ker82. I pray all goes well for u Asap. Was ur arrest in Us or another country? A friend of mine asked me if this matters, as he was arrested in France in 2009 for overstaying his visa. He returned home then & apply to come visit us, now he's planning AOS. Does anyone think this has anything to do with Us? . Thanks guys.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.