Moosker

If I have to call Verizon to complain one more time......

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I got it on a special promotion plus they gave me a loyal customer discount of an additional $20 per month off.

Well, then that's pretty sweet. What tier are you on, and what do you pay?

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Your problem is your lack of understanding of the technology. Yes, GSM is far more widely used worldwide than CDMA. The iPhone is NOT strictly a GSM phone. The Apple iPhone is a GSM phone, the Verizon iPhone is a CDMA phone. If you buy an iPhone from Verizon, you will have the same problem as your HTC EVO w/ Sprint. You will want to research and understand the technologies you plan on using before you actually purchase them.

Oh I understand the technology, thanks to previously being married for 10 years to a CEO of a regional phone company. :unsure: And I know it's just about different radio receivers and frequencies. I didn't do my homework when I went to the EVO and just assumed CDMA was readily available around the world. But I didn't know that the Verizon version iPhone was CDMA as well. It pays to do your homework before you sign any long contracts. Hmm so it's really no benefit for me to move from Sprint at this time. And it really sucks that UK has an EVO that is GSM. My only choice with Sprint is to trade up my EVO for one their crackberry "worldphones."

~Johnny~

Filed: Timeline

Verizon has some "world phones" that are CDMA and also have a sim card that they activate for free. There's a few blackberry phones and a few droid phones. There's a few other as well. Also Verizon has unlimited world email/data for $69.99/month on those world phones. Works nice if you use your phone a lot for data while out of the country.

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

We got a promotional letter in the mail the other day asking us to upgrade to FIOS for $79.99/month which is TV/phone/internet. Now, if that's what our bill will actually say....

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Timeline

Verizon has some "world phones" that are CDMA and also have a sim card that they activate for free. There's a few blackberry phones and a few droid phones. There's a few other as well. Also Verizon has unlimited world email/data for $69.99/month on those world phones. Works nice if you use your phone a lot for data while out of the country.

If you want a world phone, it will have to be able to connect to GSM networks. CDMA alone will not work in most countries.

Filed: Timeline

If you look at their world phones and put your mouse over "global ready" it says they're GSM and CDMA capable

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewAllPhones&backTo=true&deviceCategoryId=1

Edited by Amby

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

If you look at their world phones and put your mouse over "global ready" it says they're GSM and CDMA capable

http://www.verizonwi...iceCategoryId=1

Ah, so they do have some. Unfortunately, though, the iPhone is not "global ready". Not sure why Apple took that avenue.