bjmyrnajourney

DOES AGE MATTERS AND DOES ONE MEETING OK TO FILE THE K1 VISA?

30 posts in this topic

Only one visit? No problem. :thumbs:

Eleven years age difference? No problem. :thumbs:

Engaged? Congratz!!! :star:

Best wishes for a smooth and speedy visa journey. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

age doesnt matter.....me and my which my husband now,,we have 11 years of age difference,,his older with me....my {fiance}which my husband now he only visit me once in the philippines and spend for me for 5days there in the philippines,,,he cannot stay me longer as i could not get long vacation leave in my work and he understand for that.....When he came back he file me a k1 visa and tnx God we approved and now we are happily together here in US........

good luck for ur process soon,,,,,,,take more pics with ur and ur fiance......

thanks everyone who replied greatly appreciated!

one thing is he can't afford to visit more his not rich haha! it will take many months to earn them money so thats why it took us 7months to meet for the first time lol ( but it helped a lot coz u know who is who u are meeting and it gives u all information and idea about each other so u pretty much know who u are going to be with ) will that be a problem if he cant come more than once? (this visit?) thanks a lot guys

Well I think you look cute together and if cuteness was a factor in getting approved. You would be approved right away! My first relationship was when I was 19 and he was 29. There wasn't a huge difference between us.

All the best!

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

There is a 23 year difference betweeen my wife and I, so age is not an issue. You have met within the last 2 years, so you have met that requirement. Make sure you document everything (i.e keep airline reservations, boarding passes, all receipts from Philippines, and lots of photos) and enjoy a long life together.

K-1 Timeline

08-10-2007 - We first met

05-08-2009 - I proposed

12-01-2009 - 129F sent

12-04-2009 - NOA-1

12-12-2009 - NOA-1 hardcopy received

03-15-2010 - NOA-2 101 days

03-17-2010 - NVC received petition

03-18-2010 - NVC sent petition to embassy

03-20-2010 - NOA-2 hardcopy received

03-25-2010 - Embassy received petition

03-25-2010 - Embassy mailed out Packet 3

04-09-2010 - Received Packet 3 in the mail

04-12-2010 - Packet 3 faxed to embassy

06-17-2010 - INTERVIEW

06-17-2010 - VISA APPROVED!!!

07-17-2010 - POE in Miami

09-25-2010 - Wedding date!

AOS Timeline

11-03-2010 - Express mailed AOS packet via USPS

11-05-2010 - Chicago Lockbox received packet

11-18-2010 - Received notice for Biometrics appointment

12-13-2010 - Biometrics appointment

12-15-2010 - Petition transferred to CSC

01-27-2011 - Received AP and EAD card in the mail

02-07-2011 - Case transferred to National Benefits Center in Missouri from CSC

02-15-2011 - Received interview letter in the mail dated for March 22nd

03-22-2011 - AOS interview date

03-22-2011 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!

03-30-2011 - Received green card in the mail.

thank you very much everyone my boyfriend me and my fiancee is so happy for the information you all give us and his happy that many people takes time to help each other and share their experience u just dont know how big of a help it is! thanks so much and god bless to all of us

as1cJWCgQd30010Mzcwc3wxNTY1MzQwc3xCZWVuIEhhcHBpbHkgTWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! I just wanna ask if one meeting is okay to file the I-129F form? will there be any problem about that? me and my fiancee chatted for like 7months and its everyday on skype! =) and he came here last march 04,2011 ( his staying for 21days so it means his still here until friday hehe) but the question is will that be a problem? do you think they will suggest for meet ups? because for us we are pretty sure 100% we love each other so much and we both believe its enough for a proof =) and also does age dif matters a lot ???????? im 19 and his 30 so its like 11years older than me tho he feels and act like 18 haha! jk but anyways hope someone can answer my questions! thanks everyone and godbless

The age difference you listed isn't bad at all. I'm sure there are plenty of couples who far surpass that age difference here on VJ. Its not uncommon to see 20 yr old filipinas with 40-50 yr old Caucasian men. Do I question the validity of the relationship? Its not for me to judge. To each their own but it raises an eye regarding both parties involved and its only human nature to question it especially in American society when its NOT the norm to see a couple with a sizeable age difference (20 yr old female with a 50 yr old male).

So to me, I think your age difference isn't as questionable as bigger age gaps. Good luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have met many people and know many couples with wives from the Philippines. There are many who are 20+ years difference. There is no age difference requirement. Just consent, also the state you are marrying has age requirements. You need to meet those as well. If you are over 18 you have no problem in any state.

If you are married, it is much easier in the process with the philippines. If you are not, be ready to take your parents with you to the embassy interview.

as others said. one meeting is enough. Just show evidence of relationship. Photos, with family friends, others, reciepts are very important. Travel documents showing the flights. Hotel and food reciepts help, including any bus receipts. The biggest thing is chats, phone calls, emails, all help. For skype, you can make logs on when you talked and for how long. Write down each day, keep a journal. Also, keep on talking and keep a journal afterwards. This will be asked for at the embassy at the very least to confirm on-going relationship. also, be careful in the affordability issue. The embassy may (quite possibly require) him to show up for the interview. This is the option of the embassy and philipppines can do this at will. REad the posts, learn things. Check things out in posts for the philippines to learn more.

if you need more, please contact me.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Age doesn't matter unless you are Cambodian they just passed a new law yesterday the woman can not marry a foreign man over 50. Makes me glad I am 42 but my wife to be is 31 so we have 11 years also. Good luck Daniel

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Timeline

Congrats on your engagement Myrna! You sure do look good together. You need not worry if the relationship is genuine and you have met all the requirements.

Post in the Philippine forum so people can give you country specific advise. Aside from the visa application, one thing you need to do is obtain a consent letter from your parents that they are agreeing with your marriage and then attend the CFO seminar once you have your visa approved. :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Timeline

Hi everyone! I just wanna ask if one meeting is okay to file the I-129F form? will there be any problem about that? me and my fiancee chatted for like 7months and its everyday on skype! =) and he came here last march 04,2011 ( his staying for 21days so it means his still here until friday hehe) but the question is will that be a problem? do you think they will suggest for meet ups? because for us we are pretty sure 100% we love each other so much and we both believe its enough for a proof =) and also does age dif matters a lot ???????? im 19 and his 30 so its like 11years older than me tho he feels and act like 18 haha! jk but anyways hope someone can answer my questions! thanks everyone and godbless

\

ok, I am not a expert, but here you go. first of all age doesn't really matter as long as you have the proof of meeting within the last two years and petitioner has all proof and documents that he was there in person with you. Itineraries, pictures, hotel/motel receipts with both your names if possible (if not no real problem.)copy of passport page with entry stamp into Philippines. Visa journey has a good check list for petitioner filing I129F for K1 visa. Take the checklist and follow exactly. Keep two copies of what is submitted to USCIS WITH PETITION. Again, I don't want to make this a long story, but age doesn't matter, but make sure this is true love and not something fake. USCIS IS very good in checking for fake or forged marriages. I am very happily married to my filipina wife, and when I filed for the fiancee visa it only took less than five months for her to be in the United states.

THE NARROW ROAD IS COMING TO A END! WISH US LUCK ON 2-20-2009! I AM HAPPY BUT NERVOUS. NERVES ARE SHATTERING!

My fiancee passed her interview along with her daughter on 2-20-2009 Friday, and it is a great load off our shoulders. Our journey is still ongoing, but marriage and happiness is surely near. It was all worth it and good luck to all of you out their.

We are waiting for the Visa to be mailed to us by Air21 and should get it in a few days. Happiness is one of the greatest virtues in life, so with this life enjoy it to the upmost!!!!!

POE Hawaii March 2 2009

Married March 9, 2009

Filed AOS, EAD, AP March 19, 2009

Received NOA on March 25, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP

Biometrics scheduled for April 23,2009

Biometrics April 23, 2009 Finger prints and Photo completed

EAD Approved May 5, 2009

AP Approved May 7, 2009

Received EAD, AP May 14, 2009

Interview scheduled for AOS June 19, 2009

Applied for social security card May 26, 2009

Daughter received Social security card June 1, 2009

Passed interview for AOS/approved-June 19, 2009

Wife received Social security card- June 19, 2009

wife received condition permanent resident/green card July 31, 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

Just saw your topic and want say that the age difference no matter me and my fiancé have 12 years of difference and met one time and i do not think who meet more then once mean that they have stronger relationship.The police officer will see it if you really love each other or not so do not worry everything will be great :dance: Just make ready more evidence that all and prepare to answer to all questions about your fiancé :D

P.S. our second meet will be when he will come get me and we will fly to our home :lol:

Good luck.

Congrats on your engagement Myrna! You sure do look good together. You need not worry if the relationship is genuine and you have met all the requirements.

Post in the Philippine forum so people can give you country specific advise. Aside from the visa application, one thing you need to do is obtain a consent letter from your parents that they are agreeing with your marriage and then attend the CFO seminar once you have your visa approved. :)

hey thanks for the information, the parents consent thing do we need to make one to send a long the I-129f form?? please advice coz his filling soon this coming monday, hopefully everything will be fine, just like everyone, and again thanks very much to everyone who is helping couples like me!!!!!!

thanks everyone i surely do appreciate everything you advise to us! hoping that everything will be alright, thanks again! god bless all

event.png

hey thanks for the information, the parents consent thing do we need to make one to send a long the I-129f form?? please advice coz his filling soon this coming monday, hopefully everything will be fine, just like everyone, and again thanks very much to everyone who is helping couples like me!!!!!!

thanks everyone i surely do appreciate everything you advise to us! hoping that everything will be alright, thanks again! god bless all

You dont need parents consent in your k1-packet. You might probably need it for your interview (but you are already 19 so I think its not required but just bring one in case they asked) or CFO seminar soon.

I think you already gathered what its needed for your k1-packet with all the help of the VJers here. Triple check it then your good to go. :thumbs:

Edited by Kish.2328

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

You dont need parents consent in your k1-packet. You might probably need it for your interview (but you are already 19 so I think its not required but just bring one in case they asked) or CFO seminar soon.

I think you already gathered what its needed for your k1-packet with all the help of the VJers here. Triple check it then your good to go. :thumbs:

yeppie, thanks sis, everything good now, everything we need is complete na, thanks to everyone he will send it this monday! it means his goin home soon :( anyway thanks for everyones help it surely did help us a lot were so thankful and happy, thanks guys

event.png

I have to respond to TwoCats statement below. I really hate when someone makes statements that they have no bases for. The first and second statement bothered me the most.

You have three issues that I see:

--- 1. A high fraud country.

--- 2. A significant age difference

--- 3. A single visit

Make sure you document your relationship well and be prepared to answer questions.

This post has been edited by TwoCats: Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Where did TwoCats get his/her information? 1) Wrong. You would be hard pressed to find a woman more sincere than a Filipino woman in search for her mate. I would like to say that European women are far more suspect to fraud marriages. You probably don't agree with that but its my opionion based on being married to a Ukranian in the past. What did you gauge your statement upon? I would have stated an eastern european but its better to generailze like you did.

2) Age difference for Filipino women does not matter to them. I have a great relationship with my wife and we are 25 years apart in age. She is a school teacher with no children so don't assume she is not intelligent and is looking for a father for her children.

3) Single visit is okay but two would be better and so on. One visit is not a red flag. You should keep a call log. Obtain a magic jack and talk to him daily. We did not have the magic jack before we were married. I sent it to her afterward. Yahoo messenger, Skype logs, emails, should be printed for proof of on going relationship. What is nice about the magic jack is that she can call me from the Philippines anytime for free and to any phone number in the states. She calls me on my home phone, cell phone, and work number. Its great to be able to talk with her everyday.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.