tallcoolone

Why was this post deleted?

24 posts in this topic

But the way he worded it, it looks like a business arrangement, which is illegal.

Now arranged marriages are illegal?????

I think you are twisting the actual wording to fit this situation. By your standard, anyone who has immigration as any part of their marriage decision is illegal.

Say, for instance, someone is on the fence about committing to marriage and is weighing the pros and cons. They are in love and want to start a family, but are not sure they are ready to move away from their country. On the other hand, the opportunities in the US would make it possible to help their family. They finally decide to accept the proposal and immigrate to the US. One of the considerations in their decision was the opportunity they would have because of the immigration, but it was not the only consideration. They would not be marrying to circumvent the immigration process. Are you saying this would be illegal?

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Now arranged marriages are illegal?????

I think you are twisting the actual wording to fit this situation. By your standard, anyone who has immigration as any part of their marriage decision is illegal.

Say, for instance, someone is on the fence about committing to marriage and is weighing the pros and cons. They are in love and want to start a family, but are not sure they are ready to move away from their country. On the other hand, the opportunities in the US would make it possible to help their family. They finally decide to accept the proposal and immigrate to the US. One of the considerations in their decision was the opportunity they would have because of the immigration, but it was not the only consideration. They would not be marrying to circumvent the immigration process. Are you saying this would be illegal?

This is very simple. Read the text in the first post of this thread, the verbiage is quite clear. He was posting on behalf of a woman who was looking to move to the U.S., based on marriage. That is a contract marriage, not the same as an arranged marriage, which is still subject to the same levels of scrutiny. The bottom line is, the post was against the TOS because it was advocating something that is not legal. I won't indulge in your hypothetical scenarios because they are not germane to this conversation. Please stay on topic.

This is very simple. Read the text in the first post of this thread, the verbiage is quite clear. He was posting on behalf of a woman who was looking to move to the U.S., based on marriage. That is a contract marriage, not the same as an arranged marriage, which is still subject to the same levels of scrutiny. The bottom line is, the post was against the TOS because it was advocating something that is not legal. I won't indulge in your hypothetical scenarios because they are not germane to this conversation. Please stay on topic.

I am exactly on topic. If the only fruit of this marriage were the immigration benefit, then it would be illegal, but that is not explicitly stated. If the intent is for this marriage to be a life-long and committed marriage, then it is indeed a bonafide marriage and does not meet the measure of being solely for immigration benefit. I would like to see any cite that expressly prohibits contract marriages.

Since the topic appears to be why the original post was removed and you claim that it violated the TOS because it was illegal activity--then my posts are absolutely on topic disagreeing with your assertion. If you deem them to be off topic because you don't like them, that doesn't make it true.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

That's the problem with wording sometimes. People will think that their perspective in inferring as to intent is sufficient to replace what are very likely legal and consular matters. I would assume a marriage of convenience would be frowned upon by consular officials, and I would bet that given the beneficiaries country, where high fraud is potentially an issue- relationships would be closely examined in their origins.

Posted in Philippines Section. It's is Philippines related and darn funny and the best part it is true.

I titled it - "Really, Can it be that easy?"

"Bring to USA - 28

a friend of a friend of mine has a friend looking for someone to bring her in the US. she has no kids, no vices. if you are willing to bring her in the US, she is willing to become your wife. she wants to help her family. this is for serious replies only. she has not had any relationships before too.

email for more details "

http://manila.en.craigslist.com.ph/w4m/2275340523.html

I put the link in to show it wasn't fake or a troll.

So, why was this post deleted?

TIA

Whats in it for you Tco? Sounds ''fishy '' to me . This is not a dating site , besides let her post her story on a dating site . This sounds like bordering on a serious illegal activity .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am exactly on topic. If the only fruit of this marriage were the immigration benefit, then it would be illegal, but that is not explicitly stated. If the intent is for this marriage to be a life-long and committed marriage, then it is indeed a bonafide marriage and does not meet the measure of being solely for immigration benefit. I would like to see any cite that expressly prohibits contract marriages.

Since the topic appears to be why the original post was removed and you claim that it violated the TOS because it was illegal activity--then my posts are absolutely on topic disagreeing with your assertion. If you deem them to be off topic because you don't like them, that doesn't make it true.

You can argue semantics all you like, but that doesn't change the facts here. The manner in which the deleted post was phrased, it is against the TOS, period. No amount of arguing or cajoling will change that. He phrased in a way that indicated that this person was looking for a quid pro quo relationship in which a green card is the ultimate result. You keep throwing red herring out there that have nothing to do with why the thread was deleted.

Whats in it for you Tco? Sounds ''fishy '' to me . This is not a dating site , besides let her post her story on a dating site . This sounds like bordering on a serious illegal activity .

Who is "her"? This was copied and paste off Craigslist Philippines. You need to take off your Tin Foil hat.....

As far as a dating site, Go to Philippines Section during certain hours and a banner for Filipina Cupid or someother dating website where to meet girls from Philippines pops up, which I find strange.... :whistle::whistle::whistle:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The thread under discussion was removed after several moderators decided it was posted as a 'baiting' thread, designed to illicit controversial and negative responses and would end acrimoniously.

I am also closing this discussion thread as it has basically taken the place of the removed thread and as such should not have been posted.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!