RachelandMax

Interview tomorrow and missing document

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll try not to write a novel here but I wanted to know if anyone had any similar situation arise. My mom apparently did not send the original signature 134. She's a co-sponsor though actually not necessary (we just had her do one as a safety net). My fiance is currently in Sydney to interview tomorrow. He's fairly sure the document is the original signature and that the embassy messed up. Either way, to be safe, my mom resent another 134 to him. It did not arrive in time. She's sent another one to the embassy which should arrive later this week. My fiance is also going to forward on the 134 that looks likely to arrive at his house tomorrow (another city, too far away to get it).

We did contact the embassy about this and got the reply below:

He can still attend his interview tomorrow however we will not be able to issue his visa until all required documents are received. If we do not have this in time for the interview we will temporarily refuse his case after the interview until received.

My question is this: How bad is this? Of course, I'm freaking out because our wedding in 3 weeks and I'm envisioning AP and other horrible things. Since my mom's 134 was actually unnecessary, can he just ask them to ignore it or is that asking for more trouble? How big of a delay might this be?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Any advice at all? I haven't had my interview yet, and don't know much about your consulate, but it's my understanding that if one of the required documents is missing the day of the interview because of some unforeseen delay or emergency, and the interview goes well, they hold on to your passport, and really do just wait until the missing document arrives. If it jives with all the other stuff in your package, they issue the visa, and it gets sent without further trouble from the applicant. Of course, they are not likely to say, "well sir, everything looks great, as soon as we get that I134, we'll get that visa to you right away" but from what I've read around here, in the 'best case scenario', that is basically what happens.

Wishing you lots of luck!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

Thanks! That is basically what I figured would happen and my fiance is very mellow about it, 'no worries' and all. But I can't help but have a bit of a meltdown as I just want him here! I will just have to chew my fingernails off over the next 24 hours until we find out the verdict.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll give you an Australia specific answer. At the interview you can ask them to ignore to co-sponsor I-134 as your primary sponsor (your fiance) earns enough and she was just additional info. Now whether they will allow that or not will depend entirely on what your fiance's i-134 says and I would guess your interviewing officer as well.

In the event they want it anyway, you would simply forward the document when you get it and they'll process the visa.

Australia doesn't do AP, not in the way you so often read about on here. They'll basically say something like "we can't approve you till we receive the I-134" (which is just an RFE) then they'll forward the visa for printing once they get the document. Australia's pretty quick too.

I'm banking on the I-134 from your mum being ignored, that'll make things heaps easier.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll try not to write a novel here but I wanted to know if anyone had any similar situation arise. My mom apparently did not send the original signature 134. She's a co-sponsor though actually not necessary (we just had her do one as a safety net). My fiance is currently in Sydney to interview tomorrow. He's fairly sure the document is the original signature and that the embassy messed up. Either way, to be safe, my mom resent another 134 to him. It did not arrive in time. She's sent another one to the embassy which should arrive later this week. My fiance is also going to forward on the 134 that looks likely to arrive at his house tomorrow (another city, too far away to get it).

We did contact the embassy about this and got the reply below:

He can still attend his interview tomorrow however we will not be able to issue his visa until all required documents are received. If we do not have this in time for the interview we will temporarily refuse his case after the interview until received.

My question is this: How bad is this? Of course, I'm freaking out because our wedding in 3 weeks and I'm envisioning AP and other horrible things. Since my mom's 134 was actually unnecessary, can he just ask them to ignore it or is that asking for more trouble? How big of a delay might this be?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Go with what Vanessa said but in the case that they make him wait for the 134 it will delay his visa. I hope you have a tracking number for it as we had to send them a missing document that they lost and at my interview 17th August, held up my visa till they got it. We expressed posted it from the USA to Sydney they had it within 3 days21st August, but it sat in the mail room for 5-6 days, till the 28th. I emailed them twice and they tried to tell me they had not received it and my 3rd email I told them it was there as I had tracking proof, the reply was they were only just going through the mail from that day which was the Friday before and this was Monday 30th Aug. I had my visa 1st September within 24hours. I flew out on the 4th as we were marrying on the 11th. SO I got home 1 week before my wedding. Should have been home 3 weeks before.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

We have tracking proof for both the 134s we're sending! Even if it is delayed that long (that must have been horrible waiting Barbara!) he'll still get here in time for the wedding. I will know for sure in 12 or so hours and I'll update.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.