joshbola

NVC Check List

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Clay - Thank You for your help. If I understand everything, I need total of Four Copies of DS-230 Packet. One for my record, One for Wife and Two Copies go to NVC, So I can get my Orginal Documents Back when my Wife goes for here Interview. Is my Understanding Correct? Are the Extra Copies Necessary? I thought by default, when my Wife will go for her Interview, all the Documents will be returned?

CalifroniaGuy - Thank You for your help. After reading your comment, it looks like that I will be the ONLY person filling out I-864 Form and with that my supporting Documents. There is no Need for my Parents Help, since my Gross Income is HIgher then what is needed. And in the Household Size # on I-864, It will be me and my wife. I only need to include the household size with my parents if they are helping me. Am I right on understanding this?

Never_Lose_Hope - Thank You for your help. So How many copies did you make for DS-230 Packet and How many did you send to NVC? I will look into filling out the Timeline. I haven't done it yet, because I don't know how. But I I will look into it.

I just sent one pack DS-230 with:

Required documents from the Beneficiary for DS-230 Immigrant Visa (IV) Package

1. Two passport-style photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary. (Write down NVC Case# and beneficiary’s full name and date of birth on the back side of both photographs lightly)

2. Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

3. Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

4. Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

5. Original plus one copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate

6. Original plus copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate

7. Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

8. Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

9. Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

That is all I have sent.

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's what I was thinking that I should send one copy od DS-230 to NVC and then have the other copies for our Records. Thank You for listing the documents. I will get them ready and before I send them out (When the time is right) I will checkin with you guys again!

Thanks Again Everyone, now I am off to get my Paperwork ready!

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

That's what I was thinking that I should send one copy od DS-230 to NVC and then have the other copies for our Records. Thank You for listing the documents. I will get them ready and before I send them out (When the time is right) I will checkin with you guys again!

Thanks Again Everyone, now I am off to get my Paperwork ready!

Josh

Good luck. :thumbs:

07.19.2010 - NOA1

05.23.2011 - POE - LAX

06.01.2011 - Welcome letter arrived :)

06.04.2011 - 10 year GC received by mail :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

they will ask for crimial investigation report of your spouse also but it has ot be recent one.

Hello there Guys, After checking my case status this morning with USCIS, it was updated on 03/17/2011. As you can see My Sign, you can see when I submited my I-130, hopefully this update means that they will have a decision soon. In the mean time, I have read lots of Guides especially (LingChe NVC Shortcut and James's Shortcuts) and I have made list of what things need to be done. Please look over the list guys and let me know if it is good. Soon I will talk to my wife and get her side of paperwork send to me soon. Please share your thoughts on the list and let me know if I am missing something. Thank You for the help Guys!

Petitioner Paperwork Requirement (Me)

I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

Supported Documents

Tax Information (Last Three Year)

W-2 Forms

Pay Stubs For Current Year (6 months Current)

Employment Letter

(Side Question - Do you guys think I would need Support from my family to go along with I-864. I do work and as for my Job Title - IT Support)

Beneficiary Paperwork Requirement (Wife)

DS-3032 (Choice of Agent)

DS-230 (Completed Part I & II and Only Sign Part I)

DS-230 Documents Requirements (IV Package)

Two Passport-Style Photo

Completed and Signed Form DS-230 Part I

Completed and unsigned Form DS-230 Part II

Photocopy of Beneficiary Passport Biographic Data Page

Original/Certified copy of Marriage Certificate

Original/Certified copy of Birth Certificate

Original Police Certificate

Proof of Relationship

Josh

Timeline

they will ask for crimial investigation report of your spouse also but it has ot be recent one.

What is the Difefrent Between Police Report and Crimial Investigation Report? This is required and How come it is not on the Guide?

Also guys, I just recheck the USCIS and got this little Note when You Scroll Down on the Page for Case Status. It's making me little happy, but I will not know untill the Notice is in my Hannd.

* Note on "Last Updated" date:

Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email and/or text message notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

As we talk of the NVC how about wend you call and they said your case will must like be true e-mails no hard copies .

Happen o me today

No NVC notification by e-mail but me been in top of them for my case # ,

regards

good luck to all

Timeline

Well I guess I will find out in the next week or so and see if I get an e-mail or Hard Notice in the mail regarding my recent update. I will keep my fingers cross and hope for the best. Thanks Everyone!

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Timeline

Hello there Guys, After checking my case status this morning with USCIS, it was updated on 03/17/2011. As you can see My Sign, you can see when I submited my I-130, hopefully this update means that they will have a decision soon. In the mean time, I have read lots of Guides especially (LingChe NVC Shortcut and James's Shortcuts) and I have made list of what things need to be done. Please look over the list guys and let me know if it is good. Soon I will talk to my wife and get her side of paperwork send to me soon. Please share your thoughts on the list and let me know if I am missing something. Thank You for the help Guys!

Supported Documents

W-2 Forms

Employment Letter

(Side Question - Do you guys think I would need Support from my family to go along with I-864. I do work and as for my Job Title - IT Support)

Two Passport-Style Photo

Proof of Relationship

Josh

You forgot PCC (Passport Police Clearance) from Regional Passport Office

Good advice Caly, but as far as I now is only copy of civil documents together with original or certified copy. At least is what we did asking other VJ members that have gone true all process.

Thank you for clarifying. :thumbs:

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Timeline

Supported Documents

W-2 Forms

Employment Letter

Two Passport-Style Photo

Proof of Relationship

Josh

You forgot PCC (Passport Police Clearance) from Regional Passport Office.

Edited by kuldip

Timeline

Thank You Kuldip for sharing your information. I will Add Your recommendtions to my list. Do you have any other recommendations. Since you are from India, you might have more information, if you do, please share. Thank You All!

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Timeline

Hello there Guys, I have been reading around this Form and I am a bit confused about Original/Certified Documents to go along with DS-230 and send all of them to NVC. I thought that you need the orginal Doc when you go for the Interview. If I send everything orginal to NVC, will I get my orginal Back. If I am sending NVC Orginal Information Plus Photocopy of all the Orginal Paperwork, this would mean that I will get my Orginal Back when my Wife is at the Interview and They will keep the Photocopy of the Paperwork for there record, Am I correct with this Inforamtion?

And instead of starting another Thread, can you guys also approve my edited Info on DS-230 Requirement Documents, Is It Good Now?

Cover and Cover Letter

Two Passport-Style Photo

PCC (Passport Police Clearance) from Regional Passport Office

Criminal Investigation report

And Photocopy of all the Paperwork Above.

Josh

USCIS Dept (In Progress)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

PCC (Passport Police Clearance) from Regional Passport Office

Criminal Investigation report

Now I would really love it if someone can explain those 3???? Police cert everyone needs one,,,, If you have had trouble with the law than YOU DO NEED a Criminal Report that might take a couple of months depending on the country but most of us I'm sure haven't had trouble with the law,, if arrested than you need a criminal report but most of us DON'T NEED ONE.

What is a Passport Police Clearance???

Everyone that I know of have ONLY sent a police certification to NVC and nothing else and that is the only one I will be sending really soon.

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Timeline

Now I would really love it if someone can explain those 3???? Police cert everyone needs one,,,, If you have had trouble with the law than YOU DO NEED a Criminal Report that might take a couple of months depending on the country but most of us I'm sure haven't had trouble with the law,, if arrested than you need a criminal report but most of us DON'T NEED ONE.

Everyone that I know of have ONLY sent a police certification to NVC and nothing else and that is the only one I will be sending really soon.

Sorry its not PCC(Passport Police Clearance) I typed it wrong, its PCC (Passport Clearance Certificate)

PCC (Passport Clearance Certificate), Its is a requirement for India.

Timeline

Hello there Guys, I have been reading around this Form and I am a bit confused about Original/Certified Documents to go along with DS-230 and send all of them to NVC. I thought that you need the orginal Doc when you go for the Interview. If I send everything orginal to NVC, will I get my orginal Back. If I am sending NVC Orginal Information Plus Photocopy of all the Orginal Paperwork, this would mean that I will get my Orginal Back when my Wife is at the Interview and They will keep the Photocopy of the Paperwork for there record, Am I correct with this Inforamtion?

It is better if you send the Original Documents for IV Package along with DS-230 form. Make sure you write your case number on upper right hand corner of "every" document especially on the originals you send. Don't worry your wife will get everything back after on/after the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.