RiggerAF

People of VJ

79 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine.

I guess the difference is that it wouldn't be totally wrong to make fun of your grammar.

Hahahaha yeah but I don't care I know I don't have proper grammar hehehe I just don't care

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine.

I guess the difference is that it wouldn't be totally wrong to make fun of your grammar.

Hahahaha yeah but I don't care I know I don't have proper grammar hehehe I just don't care

All in good fun. Try not to take VJ so seriously! That could give you a stroke. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

..........and your point is?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

..........and your point is?

that he doesn't care ... :P

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

Filed: Timeline

Well first off Doc, thank you for your service to this country. I really do mean that

Secondly....from what I'm told...the grammar correction wasn't even idirected to your fiance...and as you can see, she made a big hoo-ha 'goodbye' thread. Now what's all your drama for? You came here on half a story to defend your woman's virtue for no reason whatsoever. You have no right to come here to tell us how to behave.

Not everyone even saw the thread that apparantly upset her so much...so instead of talking to your fiance and finding out who actually upset her & then dealing with it PRIVATELY with said people, you come here to make more oft he hoo ha circus freak show. You tell people to grow up, yet you're perpetuating the same drama bullsh!t that you claim to be so annoyed by.

Thanks for your thanks from what was explained to me she recieve messages outside of the forum that weren't nice and that were rude and cruel. And yes she "made a big hoo ha" about it cause she is sensitive to cruel comments now I am not saying it was everyone that post was directed towards the individual or individuals who made the comments. My issue arises when people are so critical of people who are on a third language learned. It just makes me angry when people get pissy about it. And yeah she prolly over reacted and I'll talk to her about that later. But yeah the comments are for the individual or individuals who sent the messages.

So if your issue was with a 'select' number of ppl...why is this a 'people of vj' thread?

You should have taken it up specifically in pvt...where according to you it started...not brought it out here to give us all a verbal lashing....You say your issue is when ppl are so critical? Look at how you've come out guns a blazin to everyone.

the original post said nowt about 'certain posters' or private messages...you joined and basically thought you'd come and 'put us all straight' which I think is presumptuous, rude, and actually quite unneccessary.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:(:crying:(F)

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

VJ members,

It has been brought to my attention that my fiancee has recieved some scrutiny about her grammar and/or spelling. I am highly upset about this. My fiancee has been very kind to this website and has posted topics to help other or replied to topics to help others. Granted she is sensitive about her spelling and grammar, and is shy when she gets corrected. Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine. I have graduated from highschool and am now in the military. I do not have the best grammar or spelling but I do not get half the scrutiny for my mistakes as she did hers. Now if you are that serious about correcting people maybe you should become teachers or something. Here is my advice to whomever had issues with dreamlife/peace. There are ways to correct people and use tact. if you can't do that keep your comments to yourself. Your opinions are like A**holes everyone has them and they all stink. Grow up. There are more important things to worry about than making sure someone spelled something right. I am let down by the atitudes of people in this forum including dreamlife/peace. I will talk to her about being so sensitive to things. As for the rest GROW UP life is full of other complications and someone shouldn't have to be scrutinized about grammar and spelling when they aren't even in school. My fiancee and I haven't seen each other in a year. She sits at home all day long watching our four year old son and talking online at websites. No TV no DVD only books and our son. You try that and see if you don't go crazy. It's ridiculous to think that people are that picky. I apoligize if i'm rambling but when I get mad I tend to ramble. Here is my main point lay off. Life is not about stupid things like that get your priorities in line.

~Doc~

Ps. Capt Ewok I am sorry if you do not like my response to this but I'm heated.

pss Thank you to all who defended my fiancee I apreciate it. It's not bad enough we have to go through this process just to be together but that people would take it to the extreme about grammar and spelling. All of us were imigrants at one point and time.

you know they do the same to me :( .. sorry she is upset..

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, I'm not offended by the OP, since I know that I never corrected his fiancee's grammar. I think it's pretty clear that the post is addressing those members that did so, and not ALL VJ members.

Tell your fiancee to give you her log in information, go into her account, and read those so-called pm-s for yourself. Since this all happened in private, it should have been dealt with privately. Why pull the entire community into the drama?

Your defense of her is admirable... your approach is not.

Jen

** EDITED for spelling AND punctuation.

Edited by JenT

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

i think you should just point out the people that sent her nasty pm's .... just list their names here! that'll teach 'em! :thumbs:

Sient_Bob_by_seltzerpunk.gif

*runs away scared of karen's red pen*

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

VJ members,

It has been brought to my attention that my fiancee has recieved some scrutiny about her grammar and/or spelling. I am highly upset about this. My fiancee has been very kind to this website and has posted topics to help other or replied to topics to help others. Granted she is sensitive about her spelling and grammar, and is shy when she gets corrected. Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine. I have graduated from highschool and am now in the military. I do not have the best grammar or spelling but I do not get half the scrutiny for my mistakes as she did hers. Now if you are that serious about correcting people maybe you should become teachers or something. Here is my advice to whomever had issues with dreamlife/peace. There are ways to correct people and use tact. if you can't do that keep your comments to yourself. Your opinions are like A**holes everyone has them and they all stink. Grow up. There are more important things to worry about than making sure someone spelled something right. I am let down by the atitudes of people in this forum including dreamlife/peace. I will talk to her about being so sensitive to things. As for the rest GROW UP life is full of other complications and someone shouldn't have to be scrutinized about grammar and spelling when they aren't even in school. My fiancee and I haven't seen each other in a year. She sits at home all day long watching our four year old son and talking online at websites. No TV no DVD only books and our son. You try that and see if you don't go crazy. It's ridiculous to think that people are that picky. I apoligize if i'm rambling but when I get mad I tend to ramble. Here is my main point lay off. Life is not about stupid things like that get your priorities in line.

~Doc~

Ps. Capt Ewok I am sorry if you do not like my response to this but I'm heated.

pss Thank you to all who defended my fiancee I apreciate it. It's not bad enough we have to go through this process just to be together but that people would take it to the extreme about grammar and spelling. All of us were imigrants at one point and time.

You will find that there are several people in this forum who don't care about anything but posting snappy comebacks and little pictures. And before I get insulted for this I want to state quite clearly that I am not referring to any one person in particular. I've gotten sucked in a time or two myself and have huge regrets. There are individuals that seem to forget real human beings are behind these screen names and that not everyone can be whatever ideal they hold of an individual who DOESN"T deserve ridicule, flaming, insulting, and humiliating. Its unfortunate, but its so. You may want to advise your fiance that not spending a lot of time here is a good idea. I am doing the same. This process is painful and frustrating enough without the henpecking. For those who feel the need to insult me for what I've written here, ask yourself why you feel that need. If you aren't guilty no need to holler.

To anyone I have ever said a course word to, I apologize. I wish everyone in this journey well.