RiggerAF

People of VJ

79 posts in this topic

VJ members,

It has been brought to my attention that my fiancee has recieved some scrutiny about her grammar and/or spelling. I am highly upset about this. My fiancee has been very kind to this website and has posted topics to help other or replied to topics to help others. Granted she is sensitive about her spelling and grammar, and is shy when she gets corrected. Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine. I have graduated from highschool and am now in the military. I do not have the best grammar or spelling but I do not get half the scrutiny for my mistakes as she did hers. Now if you are that serious about correcting people maybe you should become teachers or something. Here is my advice to whomever had issues with dreamlife/peace. There are ways to correct people and use tact. if you can't do that keep your comments to yourself. Your opinions are like A**holes everyone has them and they all stink. Grow up. There are more important things to worry about than making sure someone spelled something right. I am let down by the atitudes of people in this forum including dreamlife/peace. I will talk to her about being so sensitive to things. As for the rest GROW UP life is full of other complications and someone shouldn't have to be scrutinized about grammar and spelling when they aren't even in school. My fiancee and I haven't seen each other in a year. She sits at home all day long watching our four year old son and talking online at websites. No TV no DVD only books and our son. You try that and see if you don't go crazy. It's ridiculous to think that people are that picky. I apoligize if i'm rambling but when I get mad I tend to ramble. Here is my main point lay off. Life is not about stupid things like that get your priorities in line.

~Doc~

Ps. Capt Ewok I am sorry if you do not like my response to this but I'm heated.

pss Thank you to all who defended my fiancee I apreciate it. It's not bad enough we have to go through this process just to be together but that people would take it to the extreme about grammar and spelling. All of us were imigrants at one point and time.

Tell her to ignore them. I only jump on people for their stupid opinions. Never for grammar. For two reasons really:

1. this is an immigration site and immigrants are bound to screw up the grammar and it's just not fair to pick on them.

2. my grammar stinks

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

VJ members,

It has been brought to my attention that my fiancee has recieved some scrutiny about her grammar and/or spelling. I am highly upset about this. My fiancee has been very kind to this website and has posted topics to help other or replied to topics to help others. Granted she is sensitive about her spelling and grammar, and is shy when she gets corrected. Now I understand that her spelling and grammar isn't the best but neither is mine. I have graduated from highschool and am now in the military. I do not have the best grammar or spelling but I do not get half the scrutiny for my mistakes as she did hers. Now if you are that serious about correcting people maybe you should become teachers or something. Here is my advice to whomever had issues with dreamlife/peace. There are ways to correct people and use tact. if you can't do that keep your comments to yourself. Your opinions are like A**holes everyone has them and they all stink. Grow up. There are more important things to worry about than making sure someone spelled something right. I am let down by the atitudes of people in this forum including dreamlife/peace. I will talk to her about being so sensitive to things. As for the rest GROW UP life is full of other complications and someone shouldn't have to be scrutinized about grammar and spelling when they aren't even in school. My fiancee and I haven't seen each other in a year. She sits at home all day long watching our four year old son and talking online at websites. No TV no DVD only books and our son. You try that and see if you don't go crazy. It's ridiculous to think that people are that picky. I apoligize if i'm rambling but when I get mad I tend to ramble. Here is my main point lay off. Life is not about stupid things like that get your priorities in line.

~Doc~

Ps. Capt Ewok I am sorry if you do not like my response to this but I'm heated.

pss Thank you to all who defended my fiancee I apreciate it. It's not bad enough we have to go through this process just to be together but that people would take it to the extreme about grammar and spelling. All of us were imigrants at one point and time.

You will find that there are several people in this forum who don't care about anything but posting snappy comebacks and little pictures. And before I get insulted for this I want to state quite clearly that I am not referring to any one person in particular. I've gotten sucked in a time or two myself and have huge regrets. There are individuals that seem to forget real human beings are behind these screen names and that not everyone can be whatever ideal they hold of an individual who DOESN"T deserve ridicule, flaming, insulting, and humiliating. Its unfortunate, but its so. You may want to advise your fiance that not spending a lot of time here is a good idea. I am doing the same. This process is painful and frustrating enough without the henpecking. For those who feel the need to insult me for what I've written here, ask yourself why you feel that need. If you aren't guilty no need to holler.

To anyone I have ever said a course word to, I apologize. I wish everyone in this journey well.

:thumbs: LADY Jean (F)(F)(F)

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tell your fiancee to give you her log in information, go into her account, and read those so-called pm-s for yourself. Since this all happened in private, it should have been dealt with privately. Why pull the entire community into the drama?

Your defense of her is admirable... your approach is not.

Jen

** EDITED for spelling AND punctuation.

There's the perception, however errantly, that we are a virtual community here on VJ and with that a consensus with regard to posting etiquette. Since this website was created for the sole purpose of helping visa applicants find answers as well as moral support, it's not a stretch to see that some may get shocked by the tactlessness or rudeness of others. We do tend to self police when somebody goes way beyond what most of us find acceptable here, even in OT. Ironically, it was dreamlife who got jumped on for violating what the overall community finds acceptable as soon as she stepped over the line by posting the goodbye VJ post. Misinterpretations lead to hurt feelings and that's what it amounts to...I see no harm in just letting her vent as well as her fiance...and then let it go.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
There's the perception, however errantly, that we are a virtual community here on VJ and with that a consensus with regard to posting etiquette. Since this website was created for the sole purpose of helping visa applicants find answers as well as moral support, it's not a stretch to see that some may get shocked by the tactlessness or rudeness of others. We do tend to self police when somebody goes way beyond what most of us find acceptable here, even in OT. Ironically, it was dreamlife who got jumped on for violating what the overall community finds acceptable as soon as she stepped over the line by posting the goodbye VJ post. Misinterpretations lead to hurt feelings and that's what it amounts to...I see no harm in just letting her vent as well as her fiance...and then let it go.

:thumbs:

Tell your fiancee to give you her log in information, go into her account, and read those so-called pm-s for yourself. Since this all happened in private, it should have been dealt with privately. Why pull the entire community into the drama?

Jen

It's the 'let it go' part that seems to be impossible for many.... which is the result of creating public drama over a private occurrence. Hence, my point.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Timeline
You will find that there are several people in this forum who don't care about anything but posting snappy comebacks and little pictures. And before I get insulted for this I want to state quite clearly that I am not referring to any one person in particular. I've gotten sucked in a time or two myself and have huge regrets. There are individuals that seem to forget real human beings are behind these screen names and that not everyone can be whatever ideal they hold of an individual who DOESN"T deserve ridicule, flaming, insulting, and humiliating. Its unfortunate, but its so. You may want to advise your fiance that not spending a lot of time here is a good idea. I am doing the same. This process is painful and frustrating enough without the henpecking. For those who feel the need to insult me for what I've written here, ask yourself why you feel that need. If you aren't guilty no need to holler.

To anyone I have ever said a course word to, I apologize. I wish everyone in this journey well.

this is partly the reason why I think this thread was a bad idea..because it invites speculation that VJ is just some awful unsupportive place....for you to say that 'not spending time here is a good idea'...I think that's a horrible way to look at VJ. Yes there are fights and silly things and tensions run high...but we are all good people here who help each other. Sometimes we let off steam, sometimes we run each other over with MAC trucks, sometimes we post silly pictures....but just as often (if not moreso) the same people can turn around and offer each other support, help each other thru a hard time, lend an ear and a shoulder, and offer constructive advice. If you think THAT'S not worth stickin around for...well then I dunno what to say.

This board didn't run off his fiance...she had a pvt issue with some (one? two? i dunno!) posters...now all of a sudden VJ's just sh!te...

VJ one big dysfunctional family. Not always lollies and rainbows...but it's real. :yes:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

text_miscellaneous_5321.gif

:yes::yes:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Timeline

Jen

It's the 'let it go' part that seems to be impossible for many.... which is the result of creating public drama over a private occurrence. Hence, my point.

Because we want to do what? Point out just how wrong she is? Eventually, someone needs to take the high road and walk away from it...otherwise it's just henpecking as someone else mentioned.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

This forum is about immigration and that part really helps me a lot....but a bigger part of it is about drama as with any message board and I just ignore it, but if the drama had been direceted toward me, to point out something I had done or said, and a whole thread had been posted about something I had posted or said....I would be upset too. So what if she posted a goodbye thread, obviously she was very upset by the treatment she got by some of the other VJ members. Others on here are just as dramatic as she was by making that goodbye post, but in different ways. It seems there are a lot of pots calling the kettles black on here. As for her fiance, I commend you for speaking up for her and trying to help her. Go ahead and be dramatic if you want to be about it, why should you not have the right to be dramatic, when obviously DRAMA is what caused this whole situation to begin, and I am not talking about your fiance when I say this.

1/12/06 Mail I-129f express mail

1/13/06 TSC rec'd

1/23/06 NOA1 from CSC

1/27/06 - Check cleared

7/10/06 - NOA2

7/14/06- rec'd @ NVC

8/14/06- NVC sent petition to Consulate

8/17/06 - Korean Consulate rec'd Petition

8/23/06 - rec'd packet 3 from Consulate

8/25/06 - sent packet 3 back to Consulate

8/27/06 - got confirmation email from Consulate, they rec'd packet three

8/27/06 - requested interview date via Consulate internet site.

9/1/06 - Checked internet site for interveiw date, it was there

9/25/06 - Interview date - APPROVED

9/28/06 - Visa in Zaeems Hand - YEAHHHHH

1/6/07 - leaving for USA

1/20/07 - Wedding Date

1/20/07 - MARRIED!!!!!

2/10/07 - rec'd certified copy of marriage license

AOS

3/13/07 - AOS package rec'd at Chicago Lockbox

3/20/07 - Rec'd Social Security Card

3/21/07 - Checks Cashed and Case Status online

3/24/07 - NOA1 Rec'd for AOS and EAD

3/27/07 - rec'd Biometrics appt letter - scheduled for 4/20/07 @ 11:00am

4/02/07 - "touched"

4/20/07 - had biometrics appt.

4/21/07 - rec'd letter stating case was transferred to CSC

5/22/07 - rec'd Case Pending at CSC email

6/25/07 - EAD card production ordered

7/7/07 - EAD "touched"

7/7/07 - AOS "touched"

8-6-07 - Rec'd EAD Card in the Mail

5-20-08 - AOS INTERVIEW - APPROVED - PASSPORT STAMPED

7-2-10 - Received 10 year green card in mail

Timeline

this is partly the reason why I think this thread was a bad idea..because it invites speculation that VJ is just some awful unsupportive place....for you to say that 'not spending time here is a good idea'...I think that's a horrible way to look at VJ. Yes there are fights and silly things and tensions run high...but we are all good people here who help each other. Sometimes we let off steam, sometimes we run each other over with MAC trucks, sometimes we post silly pictures....but just as often (if not moreso) the same people can turn around and offer each other support, help each other thru a hard time, lend an ear and a shoulder, and offer constructive advice. If you think THAT'S not worth stickin around for...well then I dunno what to say.

This board didn't run off his fiance...she had a pvt issue with some (one? two? i dunno!) posters...now all of a sudden VJ's just sh!te...

VJ one big dysfunctional family. Not always lollies and rainbows...but it's real. :yes:

hug.jpg

And if anyone knows about letting off steam... :rolleyes: and yet Lisa and I still hug each other for support. :P

sheesh.

why do people get so wound up- its just an internet forum!!! If you dont like what goes on here, dont log in. It's a big forum, with lots of people from all walks of life, life is never going to be 100% 'rosy' here.

This is all just silly. Im going for a beer.

p.s oh and for the record I (L) VJ- Ive had my fair share of critcisms- does it bother me?- well im still here! :D

Filed: Timeline
This forum is about immigration and that part really helps me a lot....but a bigger part of it is about drama as with any message board and I just ignore it, but if the drama had been direceted toward me, to point out something I had done or said, and a whole thread had been posted about something I had posted or said....I would be upset too. So what if she posted a goodbye thread, obviously she was very upset by the treatment she got by some of the other VJ members. Others on here are just as dramatic as she was by making that goodbye post, but in different ways. It seems there are a lot of pots calling the kettles black on here. As for her fiance, I commend you for speaking up for her and trying to help her. Go ahead and be dramatic if you want to be about it, why should you not have the right to be dramatic, when obviously DRAMA is what caused this whole situation to begin, and I am not talking about your fiance when I say this.

Snz, but the thing is, there are many (if not most) of us who read that goodbye thread and went 'huh?'

As the OP here has explained...it was a pvt msg issue...why are we all being admonished for it? No one singled her out or tried to make a fool of her...it became a public issue with the 'goodbye' thread...and now this 'people of vj' one.

I mean come on now.

Steven...that actually made me laugh!

As per the hug...I'd still say 'in yer dreams dragon boy' but of course you already knew that :P

Timeline
Steven...that actually made me laugh!

As per the hug...I'd still say 'in yer dreams dragon boy' but of course you already knew that :P

Oh come now...you lift weights...we could have a bear hug contest...see who runs out of breath first. :P

Jen

Because we want to do what? Point out just how wrong she is? Eventually, someone needs to take the high road and walk away from it...otherwise it's just henpecking as someone else mentioned.

Not sure I understand the context of your first question, but of course she is not 'wrong'. She's entitled to her feelings just like everyone else is. IMHO, the high road would have been to address the offenders directly and privately. But perhaps I'm missing your point, which is entirely possible after the day I've had...

Since VJers are drawn to drama like bees to honey, the public display only serves to perpetuate the henpecking.... but, you're right. This forum has been created for the sharing of information and support. If someone chooses to make a private matter public, then they should expect the consequences. That's the nature of the internet and no one here is going to change that.

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.