RiggerAF

People of VJ

79 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Often we continue to suffer without making an effort to change; that is why we don't find lasting peace and contentment. If we would persevere we would certainly be able to conquer all difficulties. We must make the effort, that we may go from misery to happiness, from despondency to courage. (F)

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
the guy is standing up for his fiancee -- I find it admirable. Wouldn't you want your s/o to do the same. Even if you were wrong ?

And....what if that's exactly what happened? What if all of the responses to being painted with oh-so-broad a brush are members defending their s/o? Then who has the higher moral claim? The original defenders, or the guy defending his fiancee against the people defending their s/os? Should we now expect defenders of the defenders....when will it come to blows.....will it be on pay-per-view? If we're all ostensibly adults shouldn't we be able to post and deal with the consequences? If maybe we spark a shitstorm then we'll either learn from it or not. Eventually if we get burned enough we learn how to handle the fire.

Now, my take on this whole thing is as follows. On VJ we're kinda like a family (a huge family, and about as disfunctional as it gets, but a family nonetheless). If one member starts ranting and raving and throwing shite all over we may well have several reactions. Some may leave the room, some may throw shite back at them, some will take the opportunity to open a big ol' can of whupass on whoever they can find, some may just stand there and get covered in shite, others still would try to find out why the shite is being flung, and some might just be tired of the latest shite-flinging incident and smack the shite-flinger down. (And yes, some will be standing on the sidelines proudly defending the right to fling shite indiscriminately....I'm not trying to cover every possibility). What it boils down to is this: If you don't want to be treated like shite, don't fling any.

Disclaimer: I am a smart-a55. Anything I say can and will be used against you in whatever forum I so choose. My posts are based on my own perspective, and should not be taken as anything other than my own opinion. Any resemblance to real people, living or dead, is coincidental. Minimum system requirements are a human brain, version 1.0. Suggested system requirements are a human brain version 1.0 with a sense of humor and a logical thought processor above 1.0 beta. Should not be used by children. Hazardous when wet.

B3 5C 0C E2 91 8B 91 F8 7A 2C 7E E4 17 79 FA D6

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

the guy is standing up for his fiancee -- I find it admirable. Wouldn't you want your s/o to do the same. Even if you were wrong ?

And....what if that's exactly what happened? What if all of the responses to being painted with oh-so-broad a brush are members defending their s/o? Then who has the higher moral claim? The original defenders, or the guy defending his fiancee against the people defending their s/os? Should we now expect defenders of the defenders....when will it come to blows.....will it be on pay-per-view? If we're all ostensibly adults shouldn't we be able to post and deal with the consequences? If maybe we spark a shitstorm then we'll either learn from it or not. Eventually if we get burned enough we learn how to handle the fire.

Now, my take on this whole thing is as follows. On VJ we're kinda like a family (a huge family, and about as disfunctional as it gets, but a family nonetheless). If one member starts ranting and raving and throwing shite all over we may well have several reactions. Some may leave the room, some may throw shite back at them, some will take the opportunity to open a big ol' can of whupass on whoever they can find, some may just stand there and get covered in shite, others still would try to find out why the shite is being flung, and some might just be tired of the latest shite-flinging incident and smack the shite-flinger down. (And yes, some will be standing on the sidelines proudly defending the right to fling shite indiscriminately....I'm not trying to cover every possibility). What it boils down to is this: If you don't want to be treated like shite, don't fling any.

*flings shite at you* :P

You rock my world honey. :D

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

*clicks out of thread since she doesn't have a clue about who this is about*

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Monty_Python__Coconuts_by_erinakaew.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

:huh:

Hi girl! Just wanted to tell ya that we share the same wedding anniversary! :yes: I got married on August 8th, 2003. It wasn't my birthday tho but it was my best friends'. Happy Birthday to you! :thumbs:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Timeline

You forgot me. I like to get out the fan when shite starts to fly. There's nothing like shite hitting the fan. ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Damnit to hell I can not seem to see any of GimmyGirlies mini-powerpoint JPEGS!!! Just a blank space--or is she messing with me??

Edited by Artegal

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
She says she had it deleted by Ewok.

As for that top portion of your quote VP, that wasn't my words.

And yes, the white man did take the land from the Cherokee. But that is history, and I'm certainly not holding any grudges, nor is it causing me to feel any racism or hatred.

Another episode of Days of our Visa Lives, brought to you by the USCIS.

Guess she never bothered to read about the ' trail of tears ' , eh KarenCee ?? :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Frankly, I'd personally be a little put out if my SO came to my rescue? defend me? UGH I can take care of myself thank you, and anything I say I'm accountable for and take responsibility for. I appreciate support from my SO, even if he doesn't agree with my decision, but "fighting my battles", even with words would not be appreciated...just my opinion.

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Frankly, I'd personally be a little put out if my SO came to my rescue? defend me? UGH I can take care of myself thank you, and anything I say I'm accountable for and take responsibility for. I appreciate support from my SO, even if he doesn't agree with my decision, but "fighting my battles", even with words would not be appreciated...just my opinion.

Carla (F)

I know what you mean. I call David my 'Knight in Shining Armor' since his first rescue of me was from a table full of boring people on the first night we met. And he has rescued me from the existence that I was trying to pretend was a fulfilling life... it was full, but not always fulfilling. As far as fighting my battles for me though... I'm quite capable of doing so on my own, thank you very much.

Some women in some cultures (and I include the US culture here as well) are not as capable, however.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.