4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

HEy everyone

so Im freaking out! ... I received an email from the USCIS telling me that they had transferred my case to the CSC and then 3 days later I received my letter appointment for Biometrics.. now I just checked email and this is what I got!

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Initial Review

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or photographs taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule. Occasionally, you may receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints taken when you have filed a form other than those listed above. In these situations, you may receive your appointment notice more than 30 days after submitting your application or petition.

the reason I am asking is because I was not expecting emails from USCIS since next step was biometrics.. and Im not sure what this means now.. thanks!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just means that your case is working through the system.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

OH.. I was worried because I didnt know if it meant that I was gonna be required to have an interview =/

Just means that your case is working through the system.

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

yes, nothing to worry about, all good!! :thumbs:

if you're required to attend an interview you will be notified, both online and in mail!

Edited by Emmet+Jonathan

JANUARY 18th AOS FILED

JANUARY 29th NOA1

FEBRUARY 18th I-485 TOUCHED

FEBRUARY 24th BIOMETRICS

MARCH 2nd SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW 6TH OF APRIL

MARCH 10th EAD APPROVED

MARCH 10th I-131 APPROVED

MARCH 16th EAD TOUCHED

MARCH 18th EAD RECEIVED IN MAIL

APRIL 6th INTERVIEW

APRIL 15th GREEN CARD APPROVED

jFddm8.png

dYoam8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.