Yasi

Recived "request for evidence"

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

Need some advise please...

We received a RFE yesterday from USCIS... this is what it states:

"EVIDENCE FOR GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: In order to assist in establishing your eligibility for removal of your conditional status, it is requested that you submit additional documentation. Please submit any or all of the following documents. This list is not all inclusive of the type of the evidence that may be submitted for consideration. please DO NOT resubmit copies of documents previously submitted as evidence.

* BIRTH Certificate: Please provide a copy of civilly registered birth record for any child(ren). (We do not have child(ren) and this was stated in our application.

* RESIDENCE: In order to establish for removal of your conditional status, please submit evidence of communal residence from the date of marriage to the present that show your and your US Citizen spouse's names. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

_ Copies of Rental Lease(s) or rental agreement showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by you, your spouse and the owner(s) of the property (or the property manager) from your date of marriage to the present.

_ Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, etc. or other statements issued in both names indicating the residential address from your date of marriage to the present."

The evidence we submitted originally included the following: Gas & electric bill (both names on it), car insurance (both name), health insurance (both name), 2 letters (as requested for evidence) from friends attesting to our marriage and relationship, copy of the title of our house purchased on 04/08/10 (joint), 2 car loans (joint), taxes for 2009 (filed jointly), and joint bank account.

At the time I believed these were enough evidence. I am getting more together to send. I'm sending a copy of our previous lease from our apartment and the move out paper work that shows we moved from our apartment. We only had 2 residences together, the apartment and the house we currently live in. What else should I sent that shows "from our date of marriage to present"? Apparently that's what they are asking for.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any help anyone can give us. My husband is very disappointed since he was hoping to go for a visit with his family end of this month.

Thank you,

Yasi

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

12/5/11 mailed packet for Naturalization

12/9/11 was received by USCIS.

4/6/12 received letter for fingerprint appn.

4/23/12 9am fingerprint appointment - done :-)

4/30/12 Recieved Letter for Interview - Sche. 5/31

5/31/12 Interview & Testing

5/31/12 Testing Approved - Waiting for next step

6/21/12 Rcvd email, placed application in the oath sched. que :-)

6/25/12 Rcvd letter - Oath Ceremony is on 7/11/12 @ 9:15am :-)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

It wd be helpful for us to help you more if you can enlist the evidences you orginally sent. This is a approx list of evidences that we are sending :

1)Joint Bank accounts, I am the 1st a/c holder and her ( USC) retirement money coming into the account.

2) Joint Tax Returns(3 yrs)

3) Company online salary account profile showing us husband and wife

4) My drivers permit and her drivers license showing same address.

5) Common address in photo ids

6) Joint Electricity bill

7)Joint water bill

8)Joint Trash bill

8A)Joint loan for buying a washer.

9) Joint AAA membership

10) Joint stock holding

11) Common Verizon bills

12) Joint Timewarner bill

13) We have a small business together

14) Joint membership in cultural organisation

15) Joint Dog registration

16) LOts of pics

17) Letters from friends and her daughter.

18) My online credit statement showing different gifts bought online and valentines day restaurant bill.

19) Copy of GC.

we are not submitting : common house ( as she is declaring bankruptcy)

joint insurance ( as we have individual insurance from workplace)

we wd be sending a cover letter explaining the situation.

Let us know about you list of initial evidence. I think you should write a letter that you do not have children. I am not sure why they are asking from marriage date to present. So they are expecting you to send 2 yrs worth of bills ? I thought we are supposed to send only the most current bill.... on the 2nd thought one bill from the time of marriage and one recent bill can also be sent. Did you in any case show taxes file jointly from the time of your marriage ?

I would like some senior members to give some imput here. Thanks

Edited by christera22

AOS
Married: June 9, 2008.
Visa expired : June 12, 2008
Filed for AOS . Sent through USPS Priority Express : March 03, 2009
Package Delieverd at USCIS: March 05, 2009
March 13, 2009 : Checks Cashed
March 13, 2009 : NOA 1 received on I-485, I-130, I-765. Dated March 11th, 09
March 17, 2009 : Biometrics Letter recieved (Dated 13th March). Interview on 1st week of April
April 2, 2009 : Biometrics done. Total time taken with wait 20 mins.
April 22, 2009 : Called USCIS. They have received fingerprints and work permit is in process.
May 7, 2009 : I-765 case online. Card Production ordered.
May 11,2009 : EAD card received.
May 12,2009 : Applied for SSN.
May 18,2009 : Received SS card.
June 08,2009 : Received Letter for Interview ( scheduled on July 14 th July )
July 14th : Great Interview. All done in 20 mins.
July 18th: Online status - Card Production ordered. Thank God !! I-130 online status : Pending
July 23rd : Welcome to USA & I-130 approval letter recieved. Online status still shows pending.
July 31st : Received conditional green card
Removing Condition
3/25/11 - Received reminder from USCIS to file for ROC
5/6/11 - Sent I-751 Packet to CSC via usps
5/9/11- Package delivered to csc.
5/11/11- Check cashed electronically by CSC
5/16/11- NOA 1 received
5/27/11 - Biometrics letter received.Scheduled on 06/06/11. Case Online
6/6/11 - Biometrics done
9/6/11 - Approved.Card Production Ordered
9/12/11- Card Received

Citizenship

10/13/15 : Sent N400

10/16/15 : NOA

11/13/15 : Fingerprints

11/17/15 : In Line for Interview

01/11/16 : Interview- Passed & Given Oath letter & Date by hand

01/14/16 : Oath Ceremony done & Naturalization Certificate in hand.Proud citizen of USA

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The evidence we submitted originally included the following: Gas & electric bill (both names on it), car insurance (both name), health insurance (both name), 2 letters (as requested for evidence) from friends attesting to our marriage and relationship, copy of the title of our house purchased on 04/08/10 (joint), 2 car loans (joint), taxes for 2009 (filed jointly), and joint bank account.

It is scary to see that in spite of submitting proper evidence, they are asking for more. This tells me that either they made a mistake or perhaps you didn't provide enough number of documents. For example, how many bills did you provide? You may not need to provide for every month, but did you provide quaterly samples from past 2 years? Did you provide joint tax return for only 2009? Why not 2008 too?

Obviously you cannot manufacture new evidence. You should just explain the facts and go from there. I think you will be allright.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

That is strange, like previously mentioned they either overlooked things or want more evidence spanning the 2yrs. I would just send in what you sent in already plus tax transcripts for last 2yrs instead of the returns and send the lease copies also. I think you should be fine after that. Goodluck.

Hi all,

Need some advise please...

We received a RFE yesterday from USCIS... this is what it states:

"EVIDENCE FOR GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: In order to assist in establishing your eligibility for removal of your conditional status, it is requested that you submit additional documentation. Please submit any or all of the following documents. This list is not all inclusive of the type of the evidence that may be submitted for consideration. please DO NOT resubmit copies of documents previously submitted as evidence.

* BIRTH Certificate: Please provide a copy of civilly registered birth record for any child(ren). (We do not have child(ren) and this was stated in our application.

* RESIDENCE: In order to establish for removal of your conditional status, please submit evidence of communal residence from the date of marriage to the present that show your and your US Citizen spouse's names. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

_ Copies of Rental Lease(s) or rental agreement showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by you, your spouse and the owner(s) of the property (or the property manager) from your date of marriage to the present.

_ Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, etc. or other statements issued in both names indicating the residential address from your date of marriage to the present."

At the time I believed these were enough evidence. I am getting more together to send. I'm sending a copy of our previous lease from our apartment and the move out paper work that shows we moved from our apartment. We only had 2 residences together, the apartment and the house we currently live in. What else should I sent that shows "from our date of marriage to present"? Apparently that's what they are asking for.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate any help anyone can give us. My husband is very disappointed since he was hoping to go for a visit with his family end of this month.

Thank you,

Yasi

Edited by robbyrob

Timeline

Thank you for responding... I think it is very strange. We purchased a house together and all the other evidence we submitted I thought was enough. I also thought that I should only send the last (current) bill for utilities, insurance and etc... that's what I did... I'm wondering now if I should send copies of bills for the past 2 years with both our names on it??? We laso submitted letters from friends... Should I have included pictures too?

One more thing, they sent a small envelope asking to send all the evidence in the envelope porvided... how am I to fit all these paperworks in this small envelope? Should I send it in a bigger envelope???

We're very confused and can not come up with a good reason why we've been sent this RFE... Like couple of you mentioned maybe they overlooked some of the evidence we provided...

Thanks again.

3/24/11 Received 10 year Green Card in the mail - Done. Feels good :-) 'till we do this again for US Citizenship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Our I-751 was just approved and our list of evidence looks much like yours. Perhaps it was just bad luck or maybe the volume of evidence?

Did you send copies of bills, insurance polices, taxes, etc spanning two years or just the most recent? We sent three or four copies per year, as well as copies of our auto/renters' insurance for 2008-2010, health/life insurance 2008-2010, and 2008 and 2009 tax transcripts. Because I leased our apartment before my husband moved here most of the utility bills are in my name or his name was just added this past year. In the cover letter we listed different types of bills separately and pointed out that our lack of utility bills was because of when the apartment was leased. We sent about two inches of paperwork and most was repeats of the same item from a different month/year. Someone here suggested highlighting your names and dates to make it easier for USCIS when they go through it all. We used one color for names and another for dates.

I didn't see photos on your list. We only sent a few per year (we aren't photo people) and I wrote captions explaining where we were and who was with us ("4th of July cookout 2009 pictured with..." etc). We also sent a few pages of copies of greeting card envelopes addressed to both of us spanning 2008-2010 from various relatives. We also included copies of the cards if there was a note inside. Probably a good idea because they can see all the different return addresses with postmarks spanning your marriage.

Send copies of items that are unrelated to your marriage but prove you live at the same location. Copies driver's licences, IDs, magazine subscriptions, etc. If you both work, send a few copies of paycheck stubs per year, as well as Social Security statements. We also made a copy of our 2010 Census form before we mailed it with the intension of using it as evidence in I-751 packet but forgot to send it so not sure if that would help or not.

Also we do not have children and did not address that in our I-751 packet. That shouldn't matter.

Good Luck!

K1

11/06/2007 - I-129F sent to Nebraska

29/06/2007 - NOA1 letter received

21/12/2007 - NOA2 issued

31/12/2007 - NOA2 hard copy

28/01/2008 - Packet 3 received

11/02/2008 - Packet 3 forms & checklist returned to Embassy

13/02/2008 - Medical

28/02/2008 - Packet 4 received

20/03/2008 - Interview @ 10am - APPROVED

28/03/2008 - Visa in hand

14/04/2008 - POE Detroit (DTW)

22/05/2008 - Married

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS & EAD filed

13/06/2008 - NOA1 letter received

14/07/2008 - Biometrics appointment

14/08/2008 - EAD production ordered

23/08/2008 - EAD card received

14/01/2009 - Green card producation ordered (No interview required)

22/01/2009 - Green card recieved

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for responding... I think it is very strange. We purchased a house together and all the other evidence we submitted I thought was enough. I also thought that I should only send the last (current) bill for utilities, insurance and etc... that's what I did... I'm wondering now if I should send copies of bills for the past 2 years with both our names on it??? We laso submitted letters from friends... Should I have included pictures too?

One more thing, they sent a small envelope asking to send all the evidence in the envelope porvided... how am I to fit all these paperworks in this small envelope? Should I send it in a bigger envelope???

We're very confused and can not come up with a good reason why we've been sent this RFE... Like couple of you mentioned maybe they overlooked some of the evidence we provided...

Thanks again.

Yasi,

Did your online status say that you have and RFE sent or anything? I think you must just send any other evidence and write a well described letter basically to tell them politely that you have sent all the papers that is humanly possible and what they are asking is ridiculous , of course I would not word it such ;)

Timeline

Yasi,

Did your online status say that you have and RFE sent or anything? I think you must just send any other evidence and write a well described letter basically to tell them politely that you have sent all the papers that is humanly possible and what they are asking is ridiculous , of course I would not word it such ;)

LOL... I know what you mean... No, I just tried our receipt # on-line and still doesn't show... When I called about why our receipt # doesn't show, I was told it's the on-line system...

I just keep thinking should I send utility bills, insurance bills, etc for the past 2&1/2 years... that just is too much. This is ridiculous and frustrating.

Thanks for responding... it helps a lot to read what you all say and get ideas.

Yasi

Did you only send one tax year transcript? I think you need to send 2008 and 2009 transcripts. Other than that, I cannot think of anything missing based on your list given.

Best of Luck!

I-130 Journey

03/12/2008 I-130 Sent

03/17/2008 NOA1

05/07/2008, 05/08/2008 Touched

10/31/2008 Approved!!

NVC Journey

11/07/2008 I-130 Received; Case Number Assigned

11/12/2008 AOS Fee Bill Generated/DS3032 mailed

11/12/2008 Emailed DS3032 11/13/2008 Mailed DS3032 Hardcopy

11/15/2008 AOS Fee Bill Received in Mail (IIN Received in the mail)

11/17/2008 Paid AOS Fee Online

11/17/2008 DS3032 Accepted

11/18/2008 AOS Fee shows as Paid; Mailed AOS Packet overnight

11/18/2008 IV Fee Available, IV Fee Paid Online

11/20/2008 Mailed DS230 Packet Overnight, AOS Entered into the system (False RFE Message) Rec 11/21

11/24/2008 IV Bill hardcopy received (not needed since I paid online)

11/26/2008 NVC Case Complete 19 days!!

12/23/2008 CR1Visa In Hand

12/24/2008 POE San Juan

US Entry

01/09/2009 Welcome Letter/Card Processing ordered

01/15/2009 Green Card Received, 01/14/2009 SS Card Received

Removal of Conditions

10/16/2010 I751 Sent

10/25/2010 NOA Received NOA Date 10/19/2010

01/12/2011 Biometrics (Biometrics letter date 12/15/2010)

03/03/2011 Approved - Card Production Ordered

03/10/2011 GC Received

US Citizenship

10/13/2011 N400 Sent

10/18/2011 NOA 10/19/2011 Check Cashed

04/17/2012 Email bio letter sent (received 4/19/12)

04/24/2012 Early Bio due to travel plans (bio date orig 5/11/12)

04/30/2012 Interview letter received

Timeline

Did you only send one tax year transcript? I think you need to send 2008 and 2009 transcripts. Other than that, I cannot think of anything missing based on your list given.

Best of Luck!

I sent both, 2008 & 2009. Neither can I...

Thanks for posting.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I just got approved today. When it comes to utility bills I sent 4 copies- one from November 2008, April 2009, August 2009 and December 2010- to show the same names on the utility bills trhoughout the 2 years.

AOS Timeline begun!

AOS sent- June 26th 2008

NOA1- July 3rd

Touch- July 7th (check cashed)

Touch- July 8th

Biometrics notice received- July 14th (notice date- July 9th)

Biometrics Appointment- July 25th

Touch- July 25th

RFE e-mail notice- July 28th

RFE response sent- September 9th

RFE response received by USCIS and case processing resumed- September 12th

AOS Touch- September 18th

Transfer to CSC- September 26th

AOS Touch-September 29th

Received Transfer Letter in mail- October 2nd

AOS Touch- case pending at the office to which it was transferred- October 3rd

AOS Touch- October 6th

EAD Touch- October 29- CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED-yippeeeeeeeeee! I can get a drivers license

EAD Touch- November 3rd- Approval notice sent (JEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ RIGHT AFTER I WROTE THIS MY EAD CARD CAME IN MAIL!!!!!! I mean the Mailman brought it HOW WEIRD IS THAT???????????)

AOS Touch Dec 19th

AOS Touch Dec 21st

AOS APPROVED JAN 29th

Removing Conditions 12/16/2010- Application sent by certified mail

Approved 3/07/2011

I think this is the problem. You bought your house in 2010 and sent evidence only of having utilities, insurance, and such in both names recently. You do not need to send bills from every single month for the last two years, but you do need to send a few that generally cover the entire period of your marriage. What we did was send copies of the earliest bills in both names and copies of at least one bill for every 3 to 4 months in between. We did the same thing with bank statements.

If you have not saved utility bills from the beginning of your marriage, I don't think it will be a big issue as long as your apartment lease shows that you lived there together since the beginning of your marriage. If you did not save bank statements, ask someone at your bank to write an affidavit for you stating that you opened a joint account on ___________ date.

The list of different types of evidence they've requested is an auto-generated list, so I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that they are asking for something that is inapplicable (children's birth certificates). To be safe, however, it would be a good idea to address that in a cover letter, just mention that you are not enclosing children's birth certificates because you do not have children. Sending pictures can only help, not hurt, but they are generally seen as secondary evidence, so it is not really that critical.

As far as the envelope, I have no idea on that one. I hope someone else can help.

Best of luck to you, Yasi.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline

I think this is the problem. You bought your house in 2010 and sent evidence only of having utilities, insurance, and such in both names recently. You do not need to send bills from every single month for the last two years, but you do need to send a few that generally cover the entire period of your marriage. What we did was send copies of the earliest bills in both names and copies of at least one bill for every 3 to 4 months in between. We did the same thing with bank statements.

If you have not saved utility bills from the beginning of your marriage, I don't think it will be a big issue as long as your apartment lease shows that you lived there together since the beginning of your marriage. If you did not save bank statements, ask someone at your bank to write an affidavit for you stating that you opened a joint account on ___________ date.

The list of different types of evidence they've requested is an auto-generated list, so I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that they are asking for something that is inapplicable (children's birth certificates). To be safe, however, it would be a good idea to address that in a cover letter, just mention that you are not enclosing children's birth certificates because you do not have children. Sending pictures can only help, not hurt, but they are generally seen as secondary evidence, so it is not really that critical.

As far as the envelope, I have no idea on that one. I hope someone else can help.

Best of luck to you, Yasi.

Thank you. I think you're correct. I only sent bills for 2010 but not for 2008 & 2009. I'm working on printing and putting together few bills for each year with both names on them.

Your post helped a lot. It makes a lot of sence now.

Thanks again,

Yasi :star:

Thank you. I think you're correct. I only sent bills for 2010 but not for 2008 & 2009. I'm working on printing and putting together few bills for each year with both names on them.

Your post helped a lot. It makes a lot of sence now.

Thanks again,

Yasi :star:

If you still have a copy of the documents you sent in your AOS, they would cover your earlier years. I re-submitted my papers that i used for my 2009 AOS application and some additional documents from 2010.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

God we can expect a RFE then ...

We just sent photos, joint bills, joint car titles and car insurance, random bank statements and stuff from March 2008 onward as that's when we last interviewed for our two-year Greencard.

We did include our baby's birth cert but sure that doesn't prove any thing according to them.

I'd better gather up some more stuff.

Bad luck for you.

R.

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.