73 posts in this topic

Yeah leatherneck i have a great idea, how about you have your opinion, and i will have mine. furthermore i don't appreciate you using my comment as a template for your criticism, you did not even give me the courtesy of sending me a private message on the matter. All of our opinions are somewhat subjective however i speak by the authority of statistics you can read anywhere along with the tragic divorce rate in this country. and if you really feel that the US compares even close to equal concerning morals with other places, why are you on visa journey? leatherneck i do not want to debate with you publicly here on visa journey cause i believe you are a man who firmly believes what he preaches, but let me have my opinion , and good luck on your visa journey

Huh?!? :blink: Since when is divorce immoral?

By the way, I have a great idea too: instead of whining about leatherneck having a different opinion than you, why don't you back up your opinion with some substance.

:ot2:

Edited by Tahoma

Huh?!? :blink: Since when is divorce immoral?

By the way, I have a great idea too: instead of whining about leatherneck having a different opinion than you, why don't you back up your opinion with some substance.

:ot2:

:thumbs: Agree!!

Psychologytoday.com has the number of men having cheated, at least once, at 2 out of 5. Women at 1 out of 5.(both by age 45)

Menstuff.org has the number at 22% with younger men raising the stat % and younger women contributing to the #s at a greater rate too.

(I just did a quick google so I'm sure there are other studies out there for review and comparison)

I think it's common for some people to base their opinion on personal experience and then construct and project that subjective opinion into a stereotype judgement.

So, Maybe it's common for "most" men, in anothers' experience, to cheat, but has not been the case in my 45 (short) years of life. It is curious to me that some1 would make the statement that "most American men cheat". (bcoz) Based on my own experience, I witness most American men are faithfull.

I wonder what statistics he is backing his opinion with? :unsure:

Edited by ~happyndinlove~

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

I wonder what statistics he is backing his opinion with? :unsure:

Didn't you know...Shane37 is special. Anyone who questions Shane37 must do so only in a private message! :lol:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agree with you.

Thank you happyme, you get it. The fella that I quoted (shane37) seems to have taken offense and feels that I was critical of his post.

Now I have to go and address his issues with my so called criticism of him/his post.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Yeah leatherneck i have a great idea, how about you have your opinion, and i will have mine. furthermore i don't appreciate you using my comment as a template for your criticism, you did not even give me the courtesy of sending me a private message on the matter. All of our opinions are somewhat subjective however i speak by the authority of statistics you can read anywhere along with the tragic divorce rate in this country. and if you really feel that the US compares even close to equal concerning morals with other places, why are you on visa journey? leatherneck i do not want to debate with you publicly here on visa journey cause i believe you are a man who firmly believes what he preaches, but let me have my opinion , and good luck on your visa journey

I do opologize for the late reply, I wish I could have addressed you in a more timely manner.

I find it unfortunate that you feel I was using your comment as a template for criticizing you. If you go back and read my post again, you will find no criticism, but then again, you would argue that is a matter of opionion. In my opinion, I merely challenged you about the morals of the USA as a whole and recommended you could've stated "Most american men will cheat" a little differently to reflect that "Most men will cheat."

And to answer your question "why am I on visa journey?" Not that I have a problem/or dislike with any particular morals regarding American women, it is all about the ATTITUDE and VALUES for me. I like more and love the attitude and values of Asian women, where God is first, family second and career falls somewhere after supporting and taking care of her husband. And of course this is my opinion but, I am sure many men (here) share that opinion.

Speaking of opinions, you said, "All of our opinions are somewhat subjective." Opinions are most certainly subjective...considering they proceed from within and are not factual. If opinions were objective, there would be a lot fewer of them.

I think you were being a little too sensitive in your comprehension of my post. Here, I made it easy for you, here is what I posted.

1. I would advise trying to do as much investigating as possible regardless of where your potential husband is from.

2. And may I ask, just what on earth makes the morals of in the U.S. so terrible as opposed to some other place? 3. Show me a country that has no issues with morals and we will agree that is a of paradise.

4. I am glad to see you insert "we are not all bad" at the end of that statement. 5. I think a more accurate statement about cheating men should have been, "Most american men will cheat."

Many men don't cheat because of the concepts of LOYALTY and INTEGRITY, or just plain ole recognition of the fact they have found a wonderful woman and really value her...not withstanding faith.

Let me help you pick apart my post...In the 1st sentence; I advised, in the 2nd sentence I was asking a question, in the 3rd sentence I made a request,

in the 4th sentence I commended you, in the 5th sentence I offered a suggestion.

And the final portion was part opinion, but mostly factual. In addition to loyalty and integrity, I should have added men of character don't cheat.

I agree with you about not wanting a debate, I do not seek to engage in verbal combat...I am here to educate myself, but I will defend my position if anything I post is mistakenly taking out of context or merely misunderstood.

I thank you for your well wishes, but I am here to educate myself until I find the other half to take the visa journey with me. However, the feeling is mutual...I wish you and your fiancee well and success in obtaining your approval.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Timeline

Didn't you know...Shane37 is special. Anyone who questions Shane37 must do so only in a private message! :lol:

Tahoma,

I never got that memo.

Tahoma,

I never got that memo.

:lol:

Timeline

I do opologize for the late reply, I wish I could have addressed you in a more timely manner.

I find it unfortunate that you feel I was using your comment as a template for criticizing you. If you go back and read my post again, you will find no criticism, but then again, you would argue that is a matter of opionion. In my opinion, I merely challenged you about the morals of the USA as a whole and recommended you could've stated "Most american men will cheat" a little differently to reflect that "Most men will cheat."

And to answer your question "why am I on visa journey?" Not that I have a problem/or dislike with any particular morals regarding American women, it is all about the ATTITUDE and VALUES for me. I like more and love the attitude and values of Asian women, where God is first, family second and career falls somewhere after supporting and taking care of her husband. And of course this is my opinion but, I am sure many men (here) share that opinion.

Speaking of opinions, you said, "All of our opinions are somewhat subjective." Opinions are most certainly subjective...considering they proceed from within and are not factual. If opinions were objective, there would be a lot fewer of them.

I think you were being a little too sensitive in your comprehension of my post. Here, I made it easy for you, here is what I posted.

Let me help you pick apart my post...In the 1st sentence; I advised, in the 2nd sentence I was asking a question, in the 3rd sentence I made a request,

in the 4th sentence I commended you, in the 5th sentence I offered a suggestion.

And the final portion was part opinion, but mostly factual. In addition to loyalty and integrity, I should have added men of character don't cheat.

I agree with you about not wanting a debate, I do not seek to engage in verbal combat...I am here to educate myself, but I will defend my position if anything I post is mistakenly taking out of context or merely misunderstood.

I thank you for your well wishes, but I am here to educate myself until I find the other half to take the visa journey with me. However, the feeling is mutual...I wish you and your fiancee well and success in obtaining your approval.

I got approved for my AOS last week and we were happy about it coz we are having our first baby this MAY.. I apologize if u misunderstod my husband comment about the poster seeking advised above he dont go on this site but that day i asked him what was his own opinion about it i guess its my fault for asking him! we are here like others seeking advice to VJ member who undergo same process like us...once again goodluck for all of us and i guess for a while we are done for our VJ until removal of condition..

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

On your approval...and may God bless you and your husband with a healthy baby!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was happy and was looking forward for our plans to get married when he get back home here in Philippines this coming April again and to visit his son in Visayas. he had an ex pinay gf before we met and the girl got pregnant on thier son. but im glad i found his one of his toughest secrets. He has an affair with american woman his long time friend for 10yrs in US . I became a good honest gf, devoted and all i wanted is to be with him forever. i never tried to cheat him and no secrets tht need to hide. he knows where i am when im out he keep calling me . text etc. I knew they are friends for so long but later i smell somthing fishy with them. i found out too tht he knows the password of that woman in one social site cause one time i sent her a friend request in a nice way cause i thought they are just good friends, i told her in message that i really love her friend and he is my life so on and on. then when my bf found it he got mad at me and said alot of things that sound im looking for a fight to tht girl i just only told on the message that i love her friend so much he is wonderful person i met but he became hysterical and told me dont include her in our drama. (so whats the problem on tht? i just wanna be friendly to some of his good friends) then he started to blocked me in his sites for not to post anything like ilove you i miss you something like that, then i wondered why why why he dont want us to get connected and he is so overprotected to tht girl from me. then following day he sent me a printedscreen to show some stuff online then i found out tht his background wallpaper is that picture of that girl and the social site account of tht girl was open too and he is the one manipulating it. I dont know if it his intentions to show me what he got now or i dont know. so meaning im blocked now in her social page but im sure he is the one blocked me using her site. then after that i still tried to observed them while he blocked me in his site not to ppost comment then the woman now start posting, interact in all his post, so sweet and fishy conversation. i tried to ask him over and over to tell me the truth but he always keep his mouth close. and just keep telling me shes just a friend but i dont believe they are so sweet with each other.

i dont know what to do i felt im cheated, i just want an advise for this if do i need to give up or still fight for him. Thats not the first time i caught him in his lies. Year 2009 september he flew here in Phil and one day in september he told me he wanted to visit his son and he missing it too bad in visayas even the mom of his son is also there living but he told me his mom is not there its on another town. so then i told him just go visit your son so then thats what he did, im surprised he went back in manila after 2days cause i thought its not enought why is it so fast, then he never told me the reason. Ok then after 1 week its time for him to get back in US and he told me he want so bad to get an extension but the airlines wont let him, then folowing morning its the time for "him to go back to US" i told him i will go join him in airport but he refused, i thought its fine if u dont want. Then im shocked he never went online after 48hours supposed he is in US already, then after 2days he came online and he said he is stranded because of the flood in DAllas teaxas and he had to stay in his friends house so no internet no connection its why he cant get online he just borrowed a connection in his friend so he wont take long to chat with me, then i just found out he still in Philipines and went back in the town of his son without informing me since im his gf . I dont get him why he needs to lie, its ok with me if he wants to be with his son longer since he told me his ex is not longer living on their house in visayas.He stayed there for another week. then he is the one told me tht he still there on time he needs to get back here in manila for his flight goin to US next day.

i dont know what to do if i let go him and give him freedom than to keep him and keep me cheating and fool at my back. im so confuse. just need an advice guys.

thank you for reading this.

Im just upset, i gave him all my trust, devotion. i never took advantange on him for money and he knows tht.

He seems like a two timer to me, Let him go, you're better off without him :thumbs:

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Leave that Mother F*#ker out of your like NOW!!

Get a job as soon as possible in order for you

To be independent and don't have to be waiting

Till he send you some cash.

Stop crying, get pretty to Go out and have fun

With your friends. Yes! I know you love him, that

He is the love of your like BUT hello! Give

Thanks to God he is/was a SIMPLE boyfriend.

If you tolerate lies and threating you like BS

In your OWN country and as his "fiancee",

Imagine living in the States with no family

Around you and as his wife! No way!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.