EAbbas

any idea why its taking so long?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know i'm just in for 3 and half months of waiting but any idea why its taking so long to see approvals begin for all of us? I see one or two approvals in a day or two but shouldnt they be processing at least 10 or so a day? maybe I'm naive...but i want the ppl who have been waiting forever to get their noa2 approval and I would like to see mine coming as well....then it gets frustrating when you see others get their noa2 and they waiting 45 days...not sure how to interpret but its beginning to be stressful....for me so im sure for those of you waiting longer :(

Can anybody give us an idea of whats going on? Just need to know anything.....

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Some may be expedited, some military expedite, some may just be lucky. As for the number of approvals, everyone who applied isn't on VJ so there can be 50 approvals but only one VJ'er in the list. All I can advise is to relax as best you can, find solace in this website because everyone here has a similar issue. Waiting isn't fun by any means and being away from loved ones makes it harder. But don't beat yourself up because everyone has issues and a story to tell. God won't give you more than you can handle so just be strong for yourself and your loved one. The harder the journey, the more blessed the arrival. Best of luck!!! :thumbs:

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It used to be the norm to be approved within the 5 month period, now you'd be lucky if your's takes within 5 months. I am sure the USCIS gets some petitions all muddled up and end up finishing some petitions that came in later than others. That would be another luck. But know there are many more in the immigration process that are not on VJ.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I know i'm just in for 3 and half months of waiting but any idea why its taking so long to see approvals begin for all of us? I see one or two approvals in a day or two but shouldnt they be processing at least 10 or so a day? maybe I'm naive...but i want the ppl who have been waiting forever to get their noa2 approval and I would like to see mine coming as well....then it gets frustrating when you see others get their noa2 and they waiting 45 days...not sure how to interpret but its beginning to be stressful....for me so im sure for those of you waiting longer :(

Can anybody give us an idea of whats going on? Just need to know anything.....

I'm sure there are actually hundreds of petition approvals every day from each service center (CSC and VSC) but USCIS doesn't report to VJ. What's taking so long is you are waiting for your turn. Until it's your turn, don't expect that anything is happening at all. For the most part, petition processing doesn't take long at all. It's the waiting for your turn that takes a long time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am also wondering why some who file K1 visa got there NOA2 in just 27 days before they got there NOA1,and when i ask why too fast,they said they dont know why.

I felt sad to think about this,i will be happy hearing some get approved too fast,but sad for those who are waiting too long and some takes 7 motnhs before they got NOA2 and some not getting any luck yet. too bad,I am one of those who are still waiting for the NOA2,but we are waiting patiently.

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Timeline

i am also wondering why some who file K1 visa got there NOA2 in just 27 days before they got there NOA1,and when i ask why too fast,they said they dont know why.

I felt sad to think about this,i will be happy hearing some get approved too fast,but sad for those who are waiting too long and some takes 7 motnhs before they got NOA2 and some not getting any luck yet. too bad,I am one of those who are still waiting for the NOA2,but we are waiting patiently.

I think you meant "after." Nonetheless, it is hard to pin-point the exact reasons some cases are as fast as they are. Although I know those USCIS sometimes mix cases up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think you meant "after." Nonetheless, it is hard to pin-point the exact reasons some cases are as fast as they are. Although I know those USCIS sometimes mix cases up.

oh sorry i meant after. oh its just toomuch in my head wondering what is happening to vsc.

f690746bde92a5f8de43878535e2992e.jpgan1cHsWHg3D0010MjAwMTlqfDI4OTc3N2phfHNpbmNlIG91ciBOT0Ex.gif

Timeline

I'm sure there are actually hundreds of petition approvals every day from each service center (CSC and VSC) but USCIS doesn't report to VJ. What's taking so long is you are waiting for your turn. Until it's your turn, don't expect that anything is happening at all. For the most part, petition processing doesn't take long at all. It's the waiting for your turn that takes a long time.

I'm not just talking about me..i'm talking about evrybody...I can handle taking my turn but I see ppl waiting for many many months some past 7 months...with nothing from USCIS to know whats going on...I saw a lot of approvals several weeks past but now its slow going again...i just feel like its stalled somewhere...and i'm sure there are a lot of ppl that dont know about VJ...let's just pray they are the ones getting approvals daily bcos here...it's slow...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

i wana say pushbrk we know there are hundred of petition approves everyday....but all we saying that they are approving k1 more then cr1 its not about the turn its about that they are concern bout K1 vIsa if you see there are so many k1 visa approve but Cr1 only few so its not true that waiting for ur turn make it long ....its dere procedure which nobody understand because they neva want nebody to know how they work....just simple is dat

eDztp5.png

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

i wana say pushbrk we know there are hundred of petition approves everyday....but all we saying that they are approving k1 more then cr1 its not about the turn its about that they are concern bout K1 vIsa if you see there are so many k1 visa approve but Cr1 only few so its not true that waiting for ur turn make it long ....its dere procedure which nobody understand because they neva want nebody to know how they work....just simple is dat

Maybe it's because they make more money from K-1s than CR-1s or there are less documents to verify.

Timeline

Please use your head. If they approve more K1 petitions, it's because more were submitted. You've really got to think in terms of facts instead of emotions or you'll go crazy in this process.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Please use your head. If they approve more K1 petitions, it's because more were submitted. You've really got to think in terms of facts instead of emotions or you'll go crazy in this process.

i am sorry friend but to be honest we really thinkin in a term of fact rather den thinkin emotionally...but its not only the k1 sumbitted more instead of cr1 ppl prefer cr1 rather den k1 bcoz it save u money aswell... so if you think in a fact now cr1 submitted more im just sayin approve both rather den just approving k1...

thats it ...

eDztp5.png

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

i am sorry friend but to be honest we really thinkin in a term of fact rather den thinkin emotionally...but its not only the k1 sumbitted more instead of cr1 ppl prefer cr1 rather den k1 bcoz it save u money aswell... so if you think in a fact now cr1 submitted more im just sayin approve both rather den just approving k1...

thats it ...

They are approving both. Far more K1 related petitions are submitted than spouse petitions, so far more are also approved. What set of facts leads you to believe otherwise? Reporting on VJ is a very small portion of the number of petitions being filed and is NOT a representative sample.

Bringing a spouse is not less expensive if you need to arrange an additional trip abroad to get married.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

They are approving both. Far more K1 related petitions are submitted than spouse petitions, so far more are also approved. What set of facts leads you to believe otherwise? Reporting on VJ is a very small portion of the number of petitions being filed and is NOT a representative sample.

Bringing a spouse is not less expensive if you need to arrange an additional trip abroad to get married.

Just wondering, are there a different set of staff working on the K-1 from those working on the spousal?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.