PlacidoLoire

NSW Police Check - Which Form?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

May I add, as I did it in March 2012 , in Sydney, the best way to do it is online. and you don't need to choose P799 or P800.

1. https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx enter the verification number and begin your online form!

2. Print out or note the document number when you finished this form.

3. Take this form with you to your local police, with your IDs (usually it's Passport, Driver's license and Medicare card) but it depends on which kind of ID you put on the form. And the payment and hopefully you can get your fingerprint taken then and there. If not you will have to keep calling them before you go, (before 9am is better), as they don't make appts for you, just depends on if they have someone in custody or not, as the fingerprint machine is in the same room.

4. Make sure they entered that you paid on the computer, then they send the fingerprints to Parramatta electronically, and noted all your IDs match.

5. Go home and relax and give them a working day then you can call to check if they got it on track! It can be as quick as one day I've been told.

6. They will send it to that address you nominated by normal post, takes 2-3 days.

# YES there is the option of sending it to your home address, or to another address. Which is good, but they use normal mail.

My experience is here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/356276-nsw-police-check-so-difficult/ i was doing the old paper form, then switched to online form, got approved in one day! :dance:

Good luck~

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiance did the police check the online way mentioned by Athena13 on June 8th and just received it today in the mail on the 21st. So 13 days from start to finish. =)

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

sorry for not putting this up sooner but just want to mention that I used the p799 and didn't have any problems. I don't think it necessarily matters which form you use so long as your criminal history check is based on fingerprints.

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone,

sorry for not putting this up sooner but just want to mention that I used the p799 and didn't have any problems. I don't think it necessarily matters which form you use so long as your criminal history check is based on fingerprints.

What's the number for the Parramatta office?

I had my police check done last week (Monday) and I got my Packet 4 interview date today, which is for next Tuesday (21st) and I want to give them a ring to make sure it's going to be all sent to the consulate in time for my final interview!

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

What's the number for the Parramatta office?

I had my police check done last week (Monday) and I got my Packet 4 interview date today, which is for next Tuesday (21st) and I want to give them a ring to make sure it's going to be all sent to the consulate in time for my final interview!

Thanks in advance :)

~My Timeline~

K1 and AOS- 2012

ROC- 2014

Citizenship N400

Filed: 12-28-2020 online

NOA1: 2-1-2021

Bio: reuse 4-26-2021

Interview: 2-14-2022

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

so.. I just did my fingerprint check in Balmain, I'm a little worried, I had to do the traditional ink fingerprinting, no computer involved, and I had to give them an express post envelope. did anyone else in the last 6-12 months do the traditional fingerprinting? :unsure:

N400

08 Mar 20: N400 filed online

14 Mar 20: Biometrics scheduled for 31 March - cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown.  

16 Dec 20: Biometrics

12 Feb 21: Interview (approved)

24 Feb 21: Oath Ceremony

ROC

31 Jul 15: ROC (I-751) sent

19 Jan 16: Greencard received

AOS

26 Feb 13: AOS (I-485, I-131, I-765) sent

06 Mar 13: NOA1's received

03 Apr 13: Biometrics completed

12 Sept 13: Interview - Memphis, approved!

Sept 13: Greencard received.

California Service Centre

17 May 12: I-129f sent

23 May 12: NOA1

20 Aug 12: NOA2 (89 days)

20 Nov 12: Interview in Sydney

29 Nov 12: Visa Issued

05 Dec 12: POE Honolulu

20 Dec 12: Wedding day

• 7 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just a question on the Canberra Embassy website they say for NSW just get the $52 form, which isnt the criminal record check with fingerprints? The record check with fingerprints is $175, does anyone from NSW know which check to choose?

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

im so glad i found this thread, theres so much great advice :)

just a quick question, when i went to the police station to complete the fingerprint test and they said that they need a FBI fingerprint form, i have not got a clue where to obtain this from, and cant really find any information on the internet or at the consulate?!?!

help please :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

#######, wish I'd found this earlier. Since there's nothing on the canberra embassy website that says anything about fingerprints, I did the $50 check last week, waitning for it to process now. Why does everyone believe the fingerprint check is required, and has anyone tried without? Do I need to start again, or is there a chance NSW police will add fingerprints to the current check?

Timeline

Just had another look at the website and clearly says to use the form 799 and pay $52

Make an appointment, and then appear in person at your local police station. You must pay the fee of A$52 (subject to change, please check the current fee with the police) and complete an application form. Please ensure you complete form P799

I guess the rules have changed

• 1 year later...
Timeline

I'd like to update this pinned post with my experience as at April 2015.

1. I applied online through the NSW Police Criminal Records section.This cost me $175. (https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx)

2. After lodging, I noted and printed the confirmation of payment page.

3. I called Newtown Police Station and they confirmed I could come down immediately as they had nobody in the dock.

4. Did my prints, told them to send it to Parramatta and they did.

5. Called Parra the next day and confirmed they had arrived

6. Two days later I received my certificate.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

• 2 months later...

You will need a National Police Check through the AFP, not a NSW check. Name check for national police check is fine as long as all aliases are listed. This was told to us by the consulate just last week. You need to complete it online, and bring it to your interview.

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

And make sure you select Code 33 when you do the AFP check. Code 35 (which states is for visas) is only a standard disclosure and will exclude spent offences. The consulate want both spent and unspent offences which is Code 33.

• 4 months later...
Timeline

Do we need fingerprints? And how long it took for you guys to get your police checks? My Fiance is Indian Citizen currently living in Australia on Student Visa. I know there is something about all alias names for the police check. His birth certificate was missing his surname. So before applying for his passport he added his surname. So what was previously his last name became his middle name and he updated his last name. No changes to his name on his stay in Australia. I'm wondering if he needs to get his PC with fingerprints? or one without should be ok?

And make sure you select Code 33 when you do the AFP check. Code 35 (which states is for visas) is only a standard disclosure and will exclude spent offences. The consulate want both spent and unspent offences which is Code 33.

1. I applied online through the NSW Police Criminal Records section.This cost me $175. (https://npcoapr.police.nsw.gov.au/aspx/dataentry/Introduction.aspx)

3. I called Newtown Police Station and they confirmed I could come down immediately as they had nobody in the dock.

Timeline

Hi there, my attorney is telling me that NSW residences will need both NSW and AFP police checks. Did you have to get both? I'll really appreciate any help. As I'm getting confused to which we really need. We already ordered AFP for $42 without fingerprints last week.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.