rongnjohn

Alien number, A#, has changed

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dear VJ,

When filling out the paperwork for AOS, advanced parole, and work authorization we used the A# provided on the K1 visa NOA2 (which also was the same number hand written on the back of the I-94 in her passport). THE 9 digit number.

Upon receipt of the I-797C, NOA1’s for AOS, AP and EAD, the AP and EAD have the same A# from the original K1 visa paperwork.

BUT the A# on the AOS NOA1 is different, and an entirely new number!

Is this normal to have a new A# generated? Please advise on how we should proceed. Who should we call?

We are trying to avoid difficulties / problems / delays etc.

Many thanks,

John

Timeline

well, I'm not sure if I understood your whole story.

However, speaking of A#, that is the number Immigration provided on your I-129F approval notice. Right next to the "BENEFICIARY" on the top right of the paper.

On your I-129F Receipt notice, which is NOA1, does have A#.

So your A# is on the I-129F approval notice, which is your NOA2.

Hope this will help you.

XH

Timeline

well, I'm not sure if I understood your whole story.

However, speaking of A#, that is the number Immigration provided on your I-129F approval notice. Right next to the "BENEFICIARY" on the top right of the paper.

On your I-129F Receipt notice, which is NOA1, does have A#.

So your A# is on the I-129F approval notice, which is your NOA2.

Hope this will help you.

XH

Hi,

The A# on the K1 I-129F approval notice, NOA2, is A08xxxxxxx

This is the same number shown on the NOA1's for the work permit and advance parole.

BUT the NOA1 for AOS is different A21xxxxxxx !! Only on the AOS NOA???

Why is it different when the same number was used for all of the applications and more important, what needs to be done now?

We are trying to avoid complications.

Thanks,

John

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's a mistake. You only have ONE A number and that's the one on the K1 NOA2. You should call the 1800 number and ask to speak to an immigration officer and get them to change it (or at least tell you what to do) OR you can make an infopass appointment to fix it there OR at your biometrics make sure you take your K1 NOA2 with the proper A number and make sure it's changed there. I would personally call the 1800 number first, then make an infopass and when you get biometrics check it then to see if it's fixed and if it's not try and change it there.

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

same happen to me.my my AP and EAD have same A# tht the same on my visa the right one.but on my AOS NOA is different NOA so i just called them to report their error.now still dnt heard anything last time they emailed me tht they report my request to my field office......

12/10/10-AOS/EAD/AP sent to chicago lockbox

12/24/10-AOS/EAD/AP NOA's hardcopy recieved

01/26/11-AOS transfered to CSC

01/26/11-recieved biometric appoinment notice dated.02/23/11

02/23/11-biometrics done

02/24/11-EAD card production

02/27/11-EAD approve

03/03/11-EAD/AP combo card recieved

03/04/11-AOS card production notice

03/08/11-AOS Approve

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's a mistake. You only have ONE A number and that's the one on the K1 NOA2. You should call the 1800 number and ask to speak to an immigration officer and get them to change it (or at least tell you what to do) OR you can make an infopass appointment to fix it there OR at your biometrics make sure you take your K1 NOA2 with the proper A number and make sure it's changed there. I would personally call the 1800 number first, then make an infopass and when you get biometrics check it then to see if it's fixed and if it's not try and change it there.

Good luck!

Agreed - and keep tabs on how long your visa process is taking. The same things happened to me - the wrong A# was put on my NOA and I made an infopass appointment to correct the problem. I asked him what the ramifications would have been if I had not come in to fix the problem - he said that my case would have sat there untouched indefinitely, with no notices to me at all. How glad was I to have went in!

Basically, if your application starts to take longer than normal in the future, make another InfoPass to follow up this A# discrepancy.

01/09/09 - Sent I-129F

Visa Approved!

23/07/10 - Arrived in the U.S.

28/08/10 - Got Married

20/10/10 - Sent AOS

04/11/10 - InfoPass Appointment to request an Expedited AP

05/11/10 - Expedited AP Approved! RFE requested for AOS

01/02/11 - RFE sent

01/01/11 - RFE Received

01/12/11 - Biometrics taken

01/28/11 - EAD Approved

02/02/11 - AOS moved to CSC

03/07/11 - Greencard Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.