shazj1

VSC nonsensical response!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

and here it is:

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

WHAT ADDITIONAL REVIEW DO THEY POSSIBLY NEED TO PERFORM! ANYONE WOULD THINK THEY ARE FINDING WAYS TO SEND ME TO GUANTANAMO, NOT DC. Honestly, is it supposed to be this difficult to be with the ones we love..vsc are just reducing me to tears. I cannot wait for another 6 months, that's just pathetic and totally unacceptable.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

and here it is:

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below.

WHAT ADDITIONAL REVIEW DO THEY POSSIBLY NEED TO PERFORM! ANYONE WOULD THINK THEY ARE FINDING WAYS TO SEND ME TO GUANTANAMO, NOT DC. Honestly, is it supposed to be this difficult to be with the ones we love..vsc are just reducing me to tears. I cannot wait for another 6 months, that's just pathetic and totally unacceptable.

Sounds like they are putting you guys through administrative processing: have either of you by any chance lived in a foreign country (other than the UK, of course) before?

Timeline

Sounds like they are putting you guys through administrative processing: have either of you by any chance lived in a foreign country (other than the UK, of course) before?

Yes. I am born and brought up in Kenya. I moved to UK when I was 13 and I recently naturalised as a british citizen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I have been waiting for 7 months, I was given a service request number a week ago. I was born in Kuwait but I am an Indian Citizen. I was in america for 7 years (studying) got back 2009 DEC. I think I might end up getting the same email from them when i make the call on March 10th. Have you tried contacting your senator ?

Timeline

I have been waiting for 7 months, I was given a service request number a week ago. I was born in Kuwait but I am an Indian Citizen. I was in america for 7 years (studying) got back 2009 DEC. I think I might end up getting the same email from them when i make the call on March 10th. Have you tried contacting your senator ?

We're written to the senator and got a reply from her office. They are actually looking into our case for us now. Fiance is going to call them to find out what this additional review is all about. They have had 6 months, that should have been the time they should have conducted this additional review! It's taken them 6 months to even touch our file and now this. This is definitely my worst nightmare.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whhhhaaaaaa...???? This is insane!!! Yeah, they wait 6 months to actually look at the case, then decide they need more time??!!! Wow!! :bonk:

K-1

8/5/2010 - NOA1

10/3/2010 - Touch

3/2/2011 - Touch, RFE :-(

3/11/2011 - Touch, RFE response Ack

4/13/2011 - Your I-129f was approved in 251 days from your NOA1 date

5/16-17/2011 - Medical

6/1/2011 - Visa Interview at USEM

6/18/2011 - POE (Las Vegas)

9/1/2011 - Marriage!

- - - - - - - - - - -

AOS

9/22/2011 - NOA1

Timeline

ouch ! well i guess i am being put thru the same AP then. If you dont mind can you keep me posted on how your case is moving along with the Senator and VSC. I am going to call my Senator again on Friday to see if he has got any more updates on my case. This waiting game is killing me, I have put my whole life on Pause just for an NOA 2.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We're written to the senator and got a reply from her office. They are actually looking into our case for us now. Fiance is going to call them to find out what this additional review is all about. They have had 6 months, that should have been the time they should have conducted this additional review! It's taken them 6 months to even touch our file and now this. This is definitely my worst nightmare.

Wow! I feel your pain ....another 6 months??? One 6 month period was plenty enough for them to finish on the petition. But I think they told you 6 months so you would not continue calling them. I doubt it will take that whole time. You have already made the right move by contacting your senator. Good luck.

Timeline

Whhhhaaaaaa...???? This is insane!!! Yeah, they wait 6 months to actually look at the case, then decide they need more time??!!! Wow!! :bonk:

I know and its really unacceptable. What the hell have they been doing for the last 6 months! That's already a month over their 5 months waiting time. We were patient with them and we gave them time but this is frankly, taking the piss.

ouch ! well i guess i am being put thru the same AP then. If you dont mind can you keep me posted on how your case is moving along with the Senator and VSC. I am going to call my Senator again on Friday to see if he has got any more updates on my case. This waiting game is killing me, I have put my whole life on Pause just for an NOA 2.

I will definitely keep you posted on how things go. I have been talking to my fiance about your case and I honestly felt so bad for both of us as we're being put through hell just for an approval. It's like a punishment we have to go through for doing things legally.

Wow! I feel your pain ....another 6 months??? One 6 month period was plenty enough for them to finish on the petition. But I think they told you 6 months so you would not continue calling them. I doubt it will take that whole time. You have already made the right move by contacting your senator. Good luck.

Indeed. Another 6 months..and I bet we'll have to put in another service request at the end of it.

Timeline

After waiting 7 months, my fiancee just got a text message, We got approved :) Charles and Shazj1 all the best I hope your approval comes in today also.

Timeline

After waiting 7 months, my fiancee just got a text message, We got approved :) Charles and Shazj1 all the best I hope your approval comes in today also.

Wow! congratulations! all the best :)

Timeline

Update: So my fiance called them and he's told that the above is just a standard letter they send out to everyone :angry: VDC's HR team need to be fired for employing such incompetent workers.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Yes. I am born and brought up in Kenya. I moved to UK when I was 13 and I recently naturalised as a british citizen.

I think it may be related to that; they need to check out the background, but that is standard procedure more or less for such cases I think.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Based on the country you list on your timeline.......located this country on the globe. Look around at other countries nearby and ask yourself a question: Is there any current political unrest in these areas?

That may be why they are doing more AP.

You CAN withdraw the petition and go get married and try another visa route.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.