shazj1

VSC nonsensical response!

32 posts in this topic

Update: So my fiance called them and he's told that the above is just a standard letter they send out to everyone :angry: VDC's HR team need to be fired for employing such incompetent workers.

Being told to wait another 6 months is only standard when they have the need to do extra background checks. So it is not standard for most here.

Most e-mail replies that I have seen coming back from VSC are telling the petitioner to wait a further 30-60 days before contacting them again.

I hope that your Senator can shed some light on your situation.

Good luck :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Based on the country you list on your timeline.......located this country on the globe. Look around at other countries nearby and ask yourself a question: Is there any current political unrest in these areas?

That may be why they are doing more AP.

You CAN withdraw the petition and go get married and try another visa route.

I do not think this is a good advice. Withdrawing this petition to file another would take more time and it does not stop the AP when it comes to it. If she withdraws and refiles a different petition, USCIS will still conduct the same background check and the reason they were put in AP previously might still be there and still take as much time. Withdrawing to file another might even raise more red flags.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

After waiting 7 months, my fiancee just got a text message, We got approved :) Charles and Shazj1 all the best I hope your approval comes in today also.

congrats!!!!!!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

They sent the same "cookie cutter" message to our congressman. I received my visa 3 weeks later. Mind you, I called our congressman and the DOS every single day on my lunch break. I figured they would either get my visa done, or file a restraining order :lol:

Keep up the fight though. Contact them as often as you can.

(F)

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I had the same thing happen at the csc. 6 months I called them nothing happening. Waited 3 weeks got an RFE. Then onto the NVC been there since last November total joke. We sent in the papers 2x by mail and fed-ex they claim they never got them. Opted in for Electronic processing still waiting for approval from that. That was January 31. Now we wait some more totally ridiculous been waiting over a year now since we filed. This whole process sucks. I was born here so where your born doesn't matter. I am being scrutinized and delayed for no good reason. Total crock Oh #####!

Edited by Shenzhen

Am so sorry for what you are going through. I am from Kenya too and have been waiting for green card since September of last year. Processing time for my local office is 4 months and my case has been going on for 9 months! We called and put a service request and they told us to call again in 6 MONTHS!!!! we contacted the congressman and they told them they had to do additional review. We contacted the senator last week and are now waiting for an answer. For heavens sake, neither my husband nor me have a criminal background! I am praying for an approval soonest. Hope you get your approval soonest too:)

AOS Timeline:

June 2nd 2010- Filed for adjustment of status

June 16th 2010- Biometrics letter received scheduled for July 9th.

August 9th 2010- AOS interview letter received. Interview scheduled for September 21st, 2010.

August 14th 2010- EAD arrived finally!!!! Thank you God.

September 21st 2010- GC Interview @ 0100

April 20, 2011- Applied to renew EAD &AP (paper)

May 9, 2011- AP RECEIVED! Talk about fast service!

June 8, 2011- EAD card received!

September 20th, 2011- Home visit by USCIS officers!!!!

November 21st- Fingerprint notice for Dec1st

December 5th- Card Production Ordered email/text

December 7th- Card production ordered again email/text

December 8th- Decision on case status email/text

December 10th -GREEN CARD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL, WHOOP WHOOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am quite disgusted with VDC. I checked when our file was last touched and that was back in october. So I wonder if this service request actually came from someone who opened the file.

Remember, the first 5 months that you were waiting the file was probably just in a pile, waiting to be looked at. It is only after 5 months that they picked it up and decided to carry out checks on you. That should relieve you slightly: it is quite possible that those additional checks will only take a little bit longer. At least your file has now reached the front of the queue!

Timeline

Remember, the first 5 months that you were waiting the file was probably just in a pile, waiting to be looked at. It is only after 5 months that they picked it up and decided to carry out checks on you. That should relieve you slightly: it is quite possible that those additional checks will only take a little bit longer. At least your file has now reached the front of the queue!

My checks should be relatively easy..I don't know why they need 6 months. I have no criminal record, no CCJs, no DUIs. Infact, I haven't even gone as far as swatting a fly! This is what baffles me..why do they need 6 months to uncover nothing?? As for the file gathering dust on their shelves, to be honest with you, that's not my problem. They are incompetent, why should the petitioner and I have to suffer for it? Especially when the petitioner has paid them for this petition! It's not a free service. They aren't doing any kind of charity work by looking at our files, it's their job! I am not going to take this lying down. They wanted 6 months..they've had 6 months. No more time for them. I've done nothing wrong and I refuse to be treated like some potential illegal immigrant trying to find ways to enter the US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My checks should be relatively easy..I don't know why they need 6 months. I have no criminal record, no CCJs, no DUIs. Infact, I haven't even gone as far as swatting a fly! This is what baffles me..why do they need 6 months to uncover nothing?? As for the file gathering dust on their shelves, to be honest with you, that's not my problem. They are incompetent, why should the petitioner and I have to suffer for it? Especially when the petitioner has paid them for this petition! It's not a free service. They aren't doing any kind of charity work by looking at our files, it's their job! I am not going to take this lying down. They wanted 6 months..they've had 6 months. No more time for them. I've done nothing wrong and I refuse to be treated like some potential illegal immigrant trying to find ways to enter the US.

You go Shazi I am so with you darl on this . Keep at them and bother the hell out of them . This is totally unacceptable I agree.On your profile it says Armenia but you say you are from Kenya? Just curious is all. But saying that applications stay on piles for 5 months and then someone looks at them and then the 5 months starts from there is utter #######. We pay good money for these applications and they need to pull their fingers out and do the job efficiently. They want to do more processing well do that when it is sent in and it is first looked at.

I do know how you feel as my K1 was quick but now my AOS is taking way too long over the 4 month wait already. They lost my medical so I had to fix that for them and send a new one geeeeese but keep hammering away and get your answer. I look forward t hearing something soon.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

You go Shazi I am so with you darl on this . Keep at them and bother the hell out of them . This is totally unacceptable I agree.On your profile it says Armenia but you say you are from Kenya? Just curious is all. But saying that applications stay on piles for 5 months and then someone looks at them and then the 5 months starts from there is utter #######. We pay good money for these applications and they need to pull their fingers out and do the job efficiently. They want to do more processing well do that when it is sent in and it is first looked at.

I do know how you feel as my K1 was quick but now my AOS is taking way too long over the 4 month wait already. They lost my medical so I had to fix that for them and send a new one geeeeese but keep hammering away and get your answer. I look forward t hearing something soon.

That's odd..I don't know where/why it says Armenia. Anyway, yeah I am born in Kenya and I moved to UK when I was 13.

I plan on bothering the hell out of them every single day..How dare they treat us like this? My fiance is a tax payer and he is a model citizen of the US. UK is hardly a country that suffers from civil unrest or poverty. I have a pretty good life here but I am happy to move to US to be with my fiance as that is what will work for us practically. They seriously need to pull their finger out and get working. They actually touched the file on October 3rd. That was 5 months ago! What the hell were they doing all this time if they needed to do all this extensive research before they approved/denied the petition..Honestly, they are just so full of ####### :angry:

As for updates, this is where we stand currently..He has put in another service request because this one makes no sense whatsoever. Also, he has an appointment to meet an immigration officer in Baltimore, on Wednesday 9th March. Let's see what they can do. The senator is also on this case so we'll know better when we hear from her office.

Keep us posted on your AOS. It seems like they are as useless even when people manage to move to US.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

That's odd..I don't know where/why it says Armenia. Anyway, yeah I am born in Kenya and I moved to UK when I was 13.

I plan on bothering the hell out of them every single day..How dare they treat us like this? My fiance is a tax payer and he is a model citizen of the US. UK is hardly a country that suffers from civil unrest or poverty. I have a pretty good life here but I am happy to move to US to be with my fiance as that is what will work for us practically. They seriously need to pull their finger out and get working. They actually touched the file on October 3rd. That was 5 months ago! What the hell were they doing all this time if they needed to do all this extensive research before they approved/denied the petition..Honestly, they are just so full of ####### :angry:

As for updates, this is where we stand currently..He has put in another service request because this one makes no sense whatsoever. Also, he has an appointment to meet an immigration officer in Baltimore, on Wednesday 9th March. Let's see what they can do. The senator is also on this case so we'll know better when we hear from her office.

Keep us posted on your AOS. It seems like they are as useless even when people manage to move to US.

Yes they are just as useless and, and my husband has served in the Military for 26 years for this country and still they give us the run around too. He did 2 tours in Iraq, Kuwait in those years and they treat him like a second class citizen And Australia is not a poverty country either or with civil unrest and we have major ties with the US. SO I feel you . Will keep you informed of mine too.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.