Aeolus7000

Adding Proof of Relationship after NOA1

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow. We are all in the same boat here (or were). A little civility goes a long way. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. Almost appears that some people are more concerned with being "right" than helping others? Just my 2 cents... :whistle:

October 28, 2010 Mailed I-129F

November 1, 2010 NOA1

February 11, 2011 Touched!

February 18, 2011 Touched again!

March 14, 2011 Touched yet again!

March 28, 2011 NOA2 :) 147 days email & text

April 01, 2011 NOA2 harcopy received

April 04, 2011 package received @ NVC (got NVC case number)

April 06, 2011 Package sent to US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 08, 2011 Package received at US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 15, 2011 received Package 3 via email

April 15, 2011 Returned Package 3 checklist, DS230, and 156K

April 18, 2011 Interview scheduled for May 5th, 2011

May 04, 2011 Medical @ Woking Clinic: passed

May 05, 2011 Interview @ US Consulate Vancouver: Approved!!

May 12, 2011 Visa received!

May 14, 2011 POE Calgary, then HOME to St. Louis!

May 19, 2011 Now Mr. and Mrs! :)

May 24, 2011 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

May 25, 2011 AOS rec'd per FEDEX

June 3, 2011 AOS rec'd per USCIS text, I-797 to follow

June 8, 2011 AOS & EAD NOA1 Rec'd hardcopy

June 9, 2011 Biometrics appointment ltr for 6/22 rec'd

June 22, 2011 Biometrics completed

July 22, 2011 AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28, 2011 EAD Approved

Sept. 20, 2011 RFE for medical

Oct. 4, 2011 Mailed RFE back USPS Priority Mail

Oct. 6, 2011 RFE received by USCIS

Oct. 24, 2011 Received "approved" update on USCIS Website :)

Oct. 28, 2011 Received "welcome letter" and "Green Card" on the same day!

One year exactly from filing I-129F to Green Card!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wow. We are all in the same boat here (or were). A little civility goes a long way. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. Almost appears that some people are more concerned with being "right" than helping others? Just my 2 cents... :whistle:

No, the REAL problem is that even though this forum is titled the K-1 forum, it really does not include any Embassy-specific requirements......like front-end loading for certain countries, or other countries will not approve a K-1 visa if the petition includes a co-sponsor, or others where K-1 approvals are very rare and marriage first is the normal route.

This information can only be best obtained in the regional forums....where you find folks who have real experiences.

No one really answered the OPs second part of his question, that is one can not send in additional information and have it married up to the original petition package....one can ONLY do that by first receiving an RFE. The fact that he's going through Kiev also indicates that Embassy only wants to see the proof of ongoing relationship at the interview stage, not with the petition.

So the simple answer is not so simple and trying to educate others from other regions is not time well-served. And then when someone who does not really know about the regional requirements tries to comment, without qualifying their statements is where mis-information can be issued. No harm intended but everyone mustunderstand they may not know about the specific regional issues.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

And worth every penny of the two cents. :whistle:

You cannot "help" someone by being WRONG. It confuses them.

In addition to not being necessary the OP need not worry about the items he did not send. While I may not have addressed his initial question (can additional information be sent) I did attempt to assure him what he sent was plenty. It is.

Civility will not get your petition approved. Unnecessary documents will not get your petition approved. Fromt loading is not needed for Kiev. I have experience and I did notice which country his fiancee is from. I also have the further experience of being personally acquaited with the people that adjudicate petitions.

I am, in fact, very concerned about being right so that I CAN help someone. I also start my answers, always, by being very civil. I can get somewhat less so when someone is wrong and tries to insist over and over that they are right. Scolding people to be civil helps no one. :whistle:

That IS the advantage of seeking information in public forums. When someone is wrong, others get to correct them before they can damage someone.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You are right. I stand corrected. Civility, courtesy, and good manners all have no place in this forum. They may be the basic tenants of western civilization, but they won't get you a visa, so we should abandon them.

Sorry you felt scolded. Really. Have a nice day :no:

October 28, 2010 Mailed I-129F

November 1, 2010 NOA1

February 11, 2011 Touched!

February 18, 2011 Touched again!

March 14, 2011 Touched yet again!

March 28, 2011 NOA2 :) 147 days email & text

April 01, 2011 NOA2 harcopy received

April 04, 2011 package received @ NVC (got NVC case number)

April 06, 2011 Package sent to US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 08, 2011 Package received at US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 15, 2011 received Package 3 via email

April 15, 2011 Returned Package 3 checklist, DS230, and 156K

April 18, 2011 Interview scheduled for May 5th, 2011

May 04, 2011 Medical @ Woking Clinic: passed

May 05, 2011 Interview @ US Consulate Vancouver: Approved!!

May 12, 2011 Visa received!

May 14, 2011 POE Calgary, then HOME to St. Louis!

May 19, 2011 Now Mr. and Mrs! :)

May 24, 2011 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

May 25, 2011 AOS rec'd per FEDEX

June 3, 2011 AOS rec'd per USCIS text, I-797 to follow

June 8, 2011 AOS & EAD NOA1 Rec'd hardcopy

June 9, 2011 Biometrics appointment ltr for 6/22 rec'd

June 22, 2011 Biometrics completed

July 22, 2011 AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28, 2011 EAD Approved

Sept. 20, 2011 RFE for medical

Oct. 4, 2011 Mailed RFE back USPS Priority Mail

Oct. 6, 2011 RFE received by USCIS

Oct. 24, 2011 Received "approved" update on USCIS Website :)

Oct. 28, 2011 Received "welcome letter" and "Green Card" on the same day!

One year exactly from filing I-129F to Green Card!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You are right. I stand corrected. Civility, courtesy, and good manners all have no place in this forum. They may be the basic tenants of western civilization, but they won't get you a visa, so we should abandon them.

When it comes to right and wrong answers, this is a self-policing forum. If people are scolded for giving wrong answers, so be it. No need to carry the scolding on to complaining about those doing actual harm to others are treated as a result.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I always have a nice day.

You will notice that my correct answer was given in a manner to assure the OP that he had nothing to worry about and that the "evidence" he was fretting over was, in fact, not needed at all. That is civil and courteous and I sincerely hope that someone in the same boat as I am (or was at one point) slept better that night because I gave him a correct answer that reassured him.

Then along comes someone with an incorrect answer, which could further upset someone and I am supposed to be civil and courteous to that person? Then after courteously explaining that my answer was indeed correct, the person who is wrong and harming someone continues to try and defend his ridiculous position and even throws in personal insults at me. And I am still supposed to be civil?

But other than that, the only thing worse, IMHO in public forums than ignorant people trying to insist they are "right" is the people that seem obligated to post what amounts to throwing rocks at other members that are at least answering questions. They appoint themselves the "courtesy police" but have nothing to offer in the way of advice. If the OP is sleeping better at night it is because of information he received here, not because the courtesy police were there to defend the honor of idiots. :lol:

I will gladly risk being considered rude in exchange for being able to offer information. It is a cross to bear. :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.