PinayArmyWife

Electronically sent to Washington for AP after interview/approval????

5 posts in this topic

I am from the Philippines, I came to Germany through command sponsorship because my husband is in the army. Before I came here he already filed a visa petition for me. I got here Nov. 2009. February 2010 we applied for a tourist visa while my case is still pending because we needed to go to the US for awhile and I got approved but the passport never arrived, it got lost in the mail. Neither the consulate nor the Deutsche Post took responsibility, so basically we suck it up and burdened all the expenses on getting a new one plus the dime wasted on applying for the toursit visa My case was completed and ready for further processing ar NVC April of 2010 but we are still dealing with my lost passport. Finally got a new one August 2010 so we continued with our visa prpocessing Sept 2010. My case was originally in the Philippines since I was still there while my husband filed the petition and we had it transfered here in Frankfurt. I finally had my interview at the USC frankfurt last February 9, 2011. Everything went smoothly, staff was so nice and friendly, no hassle, it even felt like it wasn't an interview, more of a formality. They the consular officer said, everything seems to be in there and I should expect my visa and other documents in the 2 weeks.

2 weeks had passed and no visa in the mail. So I contacted the consulate, worried that my documents is lost in the mail again. Tried calling first but didn't get anyone to pick up so I emailed them. Got a reply that says, your case is sent electronically to Washington for further administrative processing and they are still waiting for a reply before they issue my visa. I keep thinking why I am put on AP...all our documents are there, my husband and I have been together for almost 7 yrs, been married for 3 yrs. We have 2 daughters ( 4 yrs old and 6 months) I been living in a US military base for more than a year now. No criminal records whatsoever. My husband called the the consulate and DOS, both didn't tell him why I was put on AP. I am at a lost here. I don't even know how long I have to wait AGAIN! My husband is living for school to the US in April and we really want to be in the US and meet his family.

Any thoughts on this....anyone?

Sorry for the long post :-)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am from the Philippines, I came to Germany through command sponsorship because my husband is in the army. Before I came here he already filed a visa petition for me. I got here Nov. 2009. February 2010 we applied for a tourist visa while my case is still pending because we needed to go to the US for awhile and I got approved but the passport never arrived, it got lost in the mail. Neither the consulate nor the Deutsche Post took responsibility, so basically we suck it up and burdened all the expenses on getting a new one plus the dime wasted on applying for the toursit visa My case was completed and ready for further processing ar NVC April of 2010 but we are still dealing with my lost passport. Finally got a new one August 2010 so we continued with our visa prpocessing Sept 2010. My case was originally in the Philippines since I was still there while my husband filed the petition and we had it transfered here in Frankfurt. I finally had my interview at the USC frankfurt last February 9, 2011. Everything went smoothly, staff was so nice and friendly, no hassle, it even felt like it wasn't an interview, more of a formality. They the consular officer said, everything seems to be in there and I should expect my visa and other documents in the 2 weeks.

2 weeks had passed and no visa in the mail. So I contacted the consulate, worried that my documents is lost in the mail again. Tried calling first but didn't get anyone to pick up so I emailed them. Got a reply that says, your case is sent electronically to Washington for further administrative processing and they are still waiting for a reply before they issue my visa. I keep thinking why I am put on AP...all our documents are there, my husband and I have been together for almost 7 yrs, been married for 3 yrs. We have 2 daughters ( 4 yrs old and 6 months) I been living in a US military base for more than a year now. No criminal records whatsoever. My husband called the the consulate and DOS, both didn't tell him why I was put on AP. I am at a lost here. I don't even know how long I have to wait AGAIN! My husband is living for school to the US in April and we really want to be in the US and meet his family.

Sorry love, that's the nightmare called AP! It can happen to anyone at any stage. Yes, at first u feel at a loss, then soon after reading ALL the stuff pple had written about in the past and those still going thru it like me, then u don't feel that bewildered...frustrated yes, but not so all alone.

See my timeline in my signature.

Nothing you can do to hasten things up. Just have to wait it out. Uhm... i can feel my anger rising yet again..

Edited by ADMIRE

F2A from my husband, for me and our children.

2005-05-21: Got married to my man.

Priority Date: Dec 26, 2006

2006-12-23: I-130 Sent

2007-01-05: I-130 NOA1

2009-05-21: I-130 Approved

2009-06-04: NVC Case No. generated

2010-01-15: DS-3032 / I-864 Bill generated

2010-01-17: Choice of Agent sent via e-mail

2010-01-22: Paid I-864 Bill

2010-01-25: I-864 Bill shows PAID

2010-01-28: Received email saying: Choice of agent accepted/IV bill generated.

2010-01-28: Paid IV bill.

2010-02-25: Sent out completed I-864 and DS- 230.

2010-04-08: Case Complete.

2010-05-03: Interview scheduled for June 2nd 2010 as per NVC live operator.

2010-06-02: 221g refusal pending return of requested document.

2010-06-03: Obtained the requested document. E-mailed consulate requesting a new interview date.

2011-01-26: Visas Approved! To be picked up Feb 2nd.

2011-02-01: Got an e-mail stating Visas aint ready for pick-up yet!! Oh God PLSSSSSSS.

2011-02-09: Got a reply to my incenssant e-mails scolding me for writing, and asking me to refrain from writing more letters, and stating officially that am on AP!!!

2011-03-15: Picked up Visas. Oh My God!

2011-03-21: POE, Atlanta Georgia. Find it hard to believe this is truly happening. Thank you God.

NOW IN THE US.

2011-03-28: Received our Social Security Cards in the Mail.

2011-04-08: Received Green Cards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AP can last for a month or it can last for years. Usually with women it goes by pretty quick. My husband is in AP so I know how you feel. May God bless you and may your AP be over in time to leave for the States with your husband.

It's hard not knowing why I am put into AP, USC and DOS won't say why. All I can think of is my lost passport with a US tourist visa on it, hope no one used it and enter the US, other than that none. Plus my husband is in the military and were living inside a US army base here in Germany so if it's security checks and whatnot I am clearly not a threat. Ugh I am starting to get obssessed about this AP thing...been reading about it online eversince I found out I'm on AP.

Thank you for the reply guys, appreciate it :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Because of the military connection and you being on US Bases, they might just have to run another type of security check. If it is not resolved soon you should use military JAG channels and DOS IG channels and have your spouse clearly mark all your requests with the case number his military rank and military contact information.

There is also a military help line on the USCIS website and AILA has a military assistance program.

Edited by brokenfamily

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.