niqjam

IV Stepmom petitioning for me

50 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They have been married 30+ years and I am in my early 20s so they were married before i was born

with that being said the father should be submitting this paper work unless she just decided to bring him to the USA after all of 30 years. DNA could have been avoided - possibly.. I know the procedures happening down at Kingston's Embassy. However - if proofs dating back to birth/early childhood was submitted then that might have fulfilled the required info.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why they are fact checking OP born within the marriage but not of the wife. This give cause for some head scratching... So 20 yeARS LATER THEY ARE NOW FILING FOR THE CHILD.

NOT JUDGING, JUST RELAYING FACTS.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

with that being said the father should be submitting this paper work unless she just decided to bring him to the USA after all of 30 years. DNA could have been avoided - possibly.. I know the procedures happening down at Kingston's Embassy. However - if proofs dating back to birth/early childhood was submitted then that might have fulfilled the required info.

I am a girl... :) I am not so sure DNA could have been avoided, I mean wouldnt you question the legitimacy of the relationship as well? I knew I would...

That is why they are fact checking OP born within the marriage but not of the wife. This give cause for some head scratching... So 20 yeARS LATER THEY ARE NOW FILING FOR THE CHILD.

NOT JUDGING, JUST RELAYING FACTS.

Yes since I was not born to my dad's wife (stepmom/petitioner) they are indeed checking on the legitimacy as I pointed out just above. Scratching their heads is correct, and as such I was expecting more questions rather than proof but nothing beats proof. My dad's name was added to my birth certificate after his wife and children learnt of my existence which later on in my life....that is the reason why this being done late so to speak....

I would never assume that you are or were judging, it has happened so I am not offended either way....

Has anyone ever had a Blue Sheet/Document submission interview and what was the experience like? any threads with a similar nature i could read up on?

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

Timeline

Has anyone ever had a Blue Sheet/Document submission interview and what was the experience like? any threads with a similar nature i could read up on?

yes alisia and another poster had the issue.. allow me to find it for you... think it was in Oct/Nov

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

I am a girl... :) I am not so sure DNA could have been avoided, I mean wouldnt you question the legitimacy of the relationship as well? I knew I would...

Yes since I was not born to my dad's wife (stepmom/petitioner) they are indeed checking on the legitimacy as I pointed out just above. Scratching their heads is correct, and as such I was expecting more questions rather than proof but nothing beats proof. My dad's name was added to my birth certificate after his wife and children learnt of my existence which later on in my life....that is the reason why this being done late so to speak....

I would never assume that you are or were judging, it has happened so I am not offended either way....

blue sheet happens all the time, you just submitt the requested documents they review them and make a decision at that time.

:thumbs::thumbs: for the stepmother.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

Friend Morris had the issue 3 weeks ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293547-interview-tomorrow/page__view__findpost__p__4452897

and our famous Mandyt had the same issue 3-4 months ago

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

I think I missed where the case was delayed for 3 months, I saw where she completed the DNA test but nothing further on the topic....

:thumbs::thumbs: for the stepmother.

Yea I agree, we are very close and I do commend her for the way she has handled the situation and how I am embraced, not all women are like that.

Friend Morris had the issue 3 weeks ago

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293547-interview-tomorrow/page__view__findpost__p__4452897

and our famous Mandyt had the same issue 3-4 months ago

Yes I see where Morris went through the same thing...

This from what was explained to me happens alot in the cases here in Jamaica and I have no objections on the testing, it is sad and my heart goes out to the ones who then find out that it was not their father, I cannot imagine going through such a heartbreaking experience....

But from all of the posts I have been through I have not come across the Blue Sheet interview experience, what is that like? This will be my 3rd time back, I did the initial interview submitted medical and was interviewed for a short time, went back for the sample collection and now I will head back for the said Blue Sheet interview submitting the additional documents they had asked for.....

I am only wondering if it will be more of an interview this time around or just submitting the additional documents and awaiting the decision.. :help:

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

Timeline

I think I missed where the case was delayed for 3 months, I saw where she completed the DNA test but nothing further on the topic....

Yea I agree, we are very close and I do commend her for the way she has handled the situation and how I am embraced, not all women are like that.

Yes I see where Morris went through the same thing...

This from what was explained to me happens alot in the cases here in Jamaica and I have no objections on the testing, it is sad and my heart goes out to the ones who then find out that it was not their father, I cannot imagine going through such a heartbreaking experience....

But from all of the posts I have been through I have not come across the Blue Sheet interview experience, what is that like? This will be my 3rd time back, I did the initial interview submitted medical and was interviewed for a short time, went back for the sample collection and now I will head back for the said Blue Sheet interview submitting the additional documents they had asked for.....

I am only wondering if it will be more of an interview this time around or just submitting the additional documents and awaiting the decision.. :help:

Hehehetime to stop playing house ... hope they realize.

The blue sheet interview is basically just dropping off the results and passport and the embassy will let the applicant know if approved. If you need an actual review I can contact Alisha and have her write a true statement or you can review the consulate/embassy section on here located at the top of this page or at the following link.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Jamaica&cty=&dfilter=5

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

Hehehetime to stop playing house ... hope they realize.

The blue sheet interview is basically just dropping off the results and passport and the embassy will let the applicant know if approved. If you need an actual review I can contact Alisha and have her write a true statement or you can review the consulate/embassy section on here located at the top of this page or at the following link.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Jamaica&cty=&dfilter=5

Thanks I would appreciate that...would really love to hear her point of view after all this

Timeline

My latest update:

After my DNA testing I was contacted informing me of my next appointment scheduled in May.

A few weeks after I was sent an email of available slot in March and that my appointment date will be changed.

My next appointment is a 'Blue Sheet' appointment or document submission which they often say whenever I am contacted.

Now my appointment is next week and we just realised that my dad's PR card has expired. they asked for tax returns and a copy of his PR card as well.

He came into the island so we both could go to the embassy for the sample collection for my dna test and now i have an expired PR card.

Do i take a copy of the said card and take it in with the rest of documents or do I contact the embassy informing them of the said discovery?

My latest update:

After my DNA testing I was contacted informing me of my next appointment scheduled in May.

A few weeks after I was sent an email of available slot in March and that my appointment date will be changed.

My next appointment is a 'Blue Sheet' appointment or document submission which they often say whenever I am contacted.

Now my appointment is next week and we just realised that my dad's PR card has expired. they asked for tax returns and a copy of his PR card as well.

He came into the island so we both could go to the embassy for the sample collection for my dna test and now i have an expired PR card.

Do i take a copy of the said card and take it in with the rest of documents or do I contact the embassy informing them of the said discovery?

Wow, have your father left the island? He will have to obtain a valid PR card, they are not going to look at expired documents.

Timeline

Wow, have your father left the island? He will have to obtain a valid PR card, they are not going to look at expired documents.

No he is still here

No he is still here

If he is still there what document will he be using to come back to the US, he can't use the expired PR card. Is he coming back to live in the US?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.