niqjam

IV Stepmom petitioning for me

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did not shout...I simply wrote in the same context he did. I am not sure how you got shouting from my reply. So I am sorry if that is what came across.

I am very much aware of time when it comes to the US Embassy and my case has been happening since 2007, I am only wondering if there are any other options.

Thanks for your response.

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So that is why i am now wondering about the idea of the whole thing being waived because we are uncertain when my dad will receive his new card we are wondering what other approach there is. As the longer this takes, I will have to re do my Police Record Certificate which expires in a few months and also my medical , they all become expired this year. Not only is that time but also expensive....and after completing all of those plus paying for a DNA for over 700US the thought of spending more more terrifies me...I cannot afford it.

Please advise me...anyone

Thank you very much in advance

My latest update:

Now my appointment is next week and we just realised that my dad's PR card has expired. they asked for tax returns and a copy of his PR card as well.

He came into the island so we both could go to the embassy for the sample collection for my dna test and now i have an expired PR card.

The DNA request would have made it to him in the states... he was not required to go to Jamaica while it might make it only just a but quicker... jut brings problems with it.

~ I had to go back and review your previous posts prior to responding. Thank you to my dear sister above for resetting the expectations. ~

They have been married 30+ years and I am in my early 20s so they were married before i was born

The whole this will not be waived you're an adult .. they are not dealing with a minor. But keep in mind polices are in place to keep consistency and hold a process so even when a minor is involved required documentations won't be waived... and should because i had to do it and so should everyone else... it's an american thing. The petitioner could have renewed his 10 year green card 6 months prior to the expiration on page 3 on the form I-90 section F on the rev inst 11/23/2010 it states that the applicant can apply to replace his/her card that would hav expired in 6 months.... there would be a high change that he could have received or a proof I-551 which the consulate does not provide.

USCIS Processing Time Information for ourVermont Service Center

Posted: April 18, 2011

I-90Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card10-year renewalMarch 31, 2009

source - https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

The embassy has no regard for the soon to be expired documents that might expire because they see those as things that can be easily done.... they might-be costly yes.. but it all comes into play with US immigration.. which the petitioner/s should be prepared for especially in this uncertain time in the USA. I have no other suggestions and I'm sorry your father went to Jamaica without first taking care of himself... as the embassy would never request to see the spouse but just documentation on the person.

Have a good day.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

The whole this will not be waived you're an adult .. they are not dealing with a minor. But keep in mind polices are in place to keep consistency and hold a process so even when a minor is involved required documentations won't be waived... and should because i had to do it and so should everyone else... it's an american thing. The petitioner could have renewed his 10 year green card 6 months prior to the expiration on page 3 on the form I-90 section F on the rev inst 11/23/2010 it states that the applicant can apply to replace his/her card that would hav expired in 6 months.... there would be a high change that he could have received or a proof I-551 which the consulate does not provide.

USCIS Processing Time Information for ourVermont Service Center

Posted: April 18, 2011

I-90Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card10-year renewalMarch 31, 2009

source - https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

The embassy has no regard for the soon to be expired documents that might expire because they see those as things that can be easily done.... they might-be costly yes.. but it all comes into play with US immigration.. which the petitioner/s should be prepared for especially in this uncertain time in the USA. I have no other suggestions and I'm sorry your father went to Jamaica without first taking care of himself... as the embassy would never request to see the spouse but just documentation on the person.

Have a good day.

Oh my...I will try to clear a few things up first.

My father - is not my petitioner my step mom(US Citizen) is my Petitioner

The Embassy had an appointment for Me the Beneficiary and my Dad (father) they collected DNA samples from both of us at the Embassy (we both had appointments) for the samples to be collected.

I know they have policies and are very strict...They never asked for anything from my father until they asked for DNA only to prove I am my fathers child and that my step mom can file for me.

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

Oh my...I will try to clear a few things up first.

My father - is not my petitioner my step mom(US Citizen) is my Petitioner

The Embassy had an appointment for Me the Beneficiary and my Dad (father) they collected DNA samples from both of us at the Embassy (we both had appointments) for the samples to be collected.

I know they have policies and are very strict...They never asked for anything from my father until they asked for DNA only to prove I am my fathers child and that my step mom can file for me.

At the point of the process that you are at now, THERE is NOTHING that can be done until your father receives his new-updated valid GC. The embassy will not go forward until they see the GC. I know all of this is hard for you, but it is what it is.

I hope you have a Happy Easter....

Timeline

At the point of the process that you are at now, THERE is NOTHING that can be done until your father receives his new-updated valid GC. The embassy will not go forward until they see the GC. I know all of this is hard for you, but it is what it is.

I hope you have a Happy Easter....

Hmmm...Thank you very much for your answer, all of this is not hard i am only asking questions which I assume is fine.

I will have a great Easter as I am sure you will as well

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.