niqjam

IV Stepmom petitioning for me

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So my case has been going on for some time... I am not sure of the date that my case was filed but here goes....

My approval letter was dated: December 08 2008

All my fees were paid and some of the final documents were sent in October of 2010.

My case was completed by NVC on the 2nd of November 2010

I received an email on December 6th 2010 informing me of my visa interview date

I did my medical by St. Andrews Hospital on the 21st of December collected on the 3rd of January

leading up to the interview...

I had an 8:30 am appointment I got to the embassy at 8:15, some nice ladies were outside they checked if my name was on a list and told me to wait in line, at 8:30 I went through the security check point and walked down to this heavy metal door, the security guard asked for the passport and photos and then gave me a number and told me to go to the right (immigrant visa section). Now the numbers were not being called in order so I was very alert. The room was packed for only 5 people working at the windows. Now after 45 min i then figured out that of the 5 windows, two ladies collected documents and finger prints and the other 3 were the actual COs. After an exhausting wait, my documents were collected and then a another long wait later my number was called by the female CO....

(actual interview) now this did not last long, she asked who was filing for me I told her my step mom and she told me to pick up the phone, then she said in order for her to continue with my case there are a few things that I would need to do, the first one being a DNA to prove that the relationship is authentic. So I was handed the BLUE SHEET and was told the process will take as long as I wait to do the test.

The following week i paid for the DNA testing kit, I was called in for the sample collection February 2nd @ 9:30 am

Last week I received a call from a very pleasant lady informing me of my next appointment and this is all the way in May well may 9th to be exact, this time around I need to take in tax returns for my dad and step mom and copies of documents that show my dads status in the country.

I am not sure why they are asking me for more things from my dad than my step mom seeing he isnt my petitioner. And I hope that this interview is it and that they wont be asking for anything else.

Anyone else in a similar situation or has every been?

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Posted in wrong forum, not about a F-1 or J-1 visa. Moving this to Bringing Family members of US Citizens forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

So my case has been going on for some time... I am not sure of the date that my case was filed but here goes....

My approval letter was dated: December 08 2008

All my fees were paid and some of the final documents were sent in October of 2010.

My case was completed by NVC on the 2nd of November 2010

I received an email on December 6th 2010 informing me of my visa interview date

I did my medical by St. Andrews Hospital on the 21st of December collected on the 3rd of January

leading up to the interview...

I had an 8:30 am appointment I got to the embassy at 8:15, some nice ladies were outside they checked if my name was on a list and told me to wait in line, at 8:30 I went through the security check point and walked down to this heavy metal door, the security guard asked for the passport and photos and then gave me a number and told me to go to the right (immigrant visa section). Now the numbers were not being called in order so I was very alert. The room was packed for only 5 people working at the windows. Now after 45 min i then figured out that of the 5 windows, two ladies collected documents and finger prints and the other 3 were the actual COs. After an exhausting wait, my documents were collected and then a another long wait later my number was called by the female CO....

(actual interview) now this did not last long, she asked who was filing for me I told her my step mom and she told me to pick up the phone, then she said in order for her to continue with my case there are a few things that I would need to do, the first one being a DNA to prove that the relationship is authentic. So I was handed the BLUE SHEET and was told the process will take as long as I wait to do the test.

The following week i paid for the DNA testing kit, I was called in for the sample collection February 2nd @ 9:30 am

Last week I received a call from a very pleasant lady informing me of my next appointment and this is all the way in May well may 9th to be exact, this time around I need to take in tax returns for my dad and step mom and copies of documents that show my dads status in the country.

I am not sure why they are asking me for more things from my dad than my step mom seeing he isnt my petitioner. And I hope that this interview is it and that they wont be asking for anything else.

Anyone else in a similar situation or has every been?

So what's your question, they can ask for any new or updated documents that they feel is necessary, even the kitchen sink if it adds anything to the case. Good luck on your journey.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree as mentioned above they can ask about your father and his status. This is a pratice that we have seen from this consulate... A good pratice if you ask me.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

they are just making sure the relationship exists....nothing to do but adhere to their requests

They are not questioning the relationship thay is what the marriage and birth certificates are for. HIS legal presence is being QUESTIONED.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

They are not questioning the relationship thay is what the marriage and birth certificates are for. HIS legal presence is being QUESTIONED.

What do you mean?

WE 'must' in all things have faith, though we often ask the questions why? Everything will be just fine.

Timeline

What do you mean?

well of late the consulate in Jamaica request this information of the "other" parent's immigration status. Guess want to ensure they are not illegal.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

well of late the consulate in Jamaica request this information of the "other" parent's immigration status. Guess want to ensure they are not illegal.

That is understandable

they must be questioning the relationship also if a DNA is requested

I figured as much

Well now that it is out of the way and I have proven that I am my father's child, I am in the process of preparing the documents requested and getting ready for my next interview.

My question now is: Has anyone ever had a 'Blue Sheet' (document submission)interview experience? I am curious to know what this 2nd interview experience like...

Timeline

That is understandable

I figured as much

Well now that it is out of the way and I have proven that I am my father's child, I am in the process of preparing the documents requested and getting ready for my next interview.

My question now is: Has anyone ever had a 'Blue Sheet' (document submission)interview experience? I am curious to know what this 2nd interview experience like...

From my view the DNA should not have been requested since i your dad isn't the one who is petitioning for you. Unless they want to connect you as being "his daughter" to tie you into "the" marriage." i would have asked why was this needed.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

From my view the DNA should not have been requested since i your dad isn't the one who is petitioning for you. Unless they want to connect you as being "his daughter" to tie you into "the" marriage." i would have asked why was this needed.

In order for the stepmother to petition the OP, the OP's father must have married the STPM, before the OP was 18 years old. Second, the OP's father and step mother must have had a true marriage, not one just for visa purpose. The OP must be the father's child.

So the consular is fact checking for all of the above. Does this makes sense.....

Timeline

I more than understand why a DNA test was requested, my dad's name was added to my birth certificate somewhere between 12/14yrs old there about not sure of the exact time, so the CO said she needed the results to authenticate the relationship which I had no problems with.

Timeline

I more than understand why a DNA test was requested, my dad's name was added to my birth certificate somewhere between 12/14yrs old there about not sure of the exact time, so the CO said she needed the results to authenticate the relationship which I had no problems with.

yes... checking to see if the relationship that created the benefit is true. If she is the child of the foreign spouse and of couse by view of the marriage cert. if the marriage was prior to the 18th Birthday.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

yes... checking to see if the relationship that created the benefit is true. If she is the child of the foreign spouse and of couse by view of the marriage cert. if the marriage was prior to the 18th Birthday.

They have been married 30+ years and I am in my early 20s so they were married before i was born

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.