Savanna

Spouse Visa refusal- in total shock :(

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just found out my husbands visa has been refused, omg im literally shaking, we so werent expecting this. He is a USC, Im a UKC, he has been over for 2 years before on the very visa they just refused! we have two kids, our youngest is 4 months, hes so heartbroken right now. Circumstances are all the same as the last time we applied, only difference is he over stayed 8 weeks, but that can be overlooked if your married, accessing right of a child ect.. right?

omg, this has been the hardest 6 months of our life, we thought it was over and now hes been refused. Someone please tell me some good news, like there just not being enough info or we applied for the wrong visa.. something. Dont think I can take this, were both breaking our hearts here. So unfair :( :( :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Visa to where?? US, UK??

I am confused you say husband is US Citizen, and "his" visa refused??

K-3??

I will move this to general visa discussion until having better details. (No timeline, or profile details)

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

What visa his vistor visa to the UK?

Hiya, thanks for replying. Sorry, Im just in a state, we just got the email like 30 mins ago. It was a UK marriage visa, not the K3. He was here in 2008 on a 2 year spouse visa and left in 2010 as we were going to move over to the US, but cut a long story short we decided a move wasnt for us and we were told although he had spent two years in UK already and had been legible to apply for settlement, he would have to re-apply for another spouse visa for him to return and it has been 'unsuccessful' . I dont even know if we applied for the right visa, was someone on a forum that told me, as there is very little information elsewhere.

I am praying with everything I have that they are just going to tell us we applied for the wrong visa.. said in the email there will be an explanation with his details, which are on the back to him via UPS.

Can anyone give me a glimmer of hope?

Sav x

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It sounds like the OP is a UK Citizen, her husband is a US Citizen. He applied for a UK Spousal Visa, lived in the UK for 2 years, left the UK, tried to come back to the UK using a UK marriage visa and was denied by the British government, not the US government.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You may want to try posting in a different forum specific to UK immigration, as VJ is based much more on immigration to the US. I would love to be able to answer your questions, but unfortunately I have no knowledge on UK immigration.

I imagine they had to tell you the specific reasons for denial? For US immigration, if there was an overstay, a waiver is often needed. It could be something along those lines?

Again, I am just speculating, but I am sorry you have to go through this, and hope you find your answers soon!

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

It sounds like the OP is a UK Citizen, her husband is a US Citizen. He applied for a UK Spousal Visa, lived in the UK for 2 years, left the UK, tried to come back to the UK using a UK marriage visa and was denied by the British government, not the US government.

Yes, thats the case. We had so many family photos, him with his new born baby smiling like a cheshire cat because he got his wee boy, just cant believe that they would be this cruel. Pray Im bubbling like a baby for nothing x

You may want to try posting in a different forum specific to UK immigration, as VJ is based much more on immigration to the US. I would love to be able to answer your questions, but unfortunately I have no knowledge on UK immigration.

I imagine they had to tell you the specific reasons for denial? For US immigration, if there was an overstay, a waiver is often needed. It could be something along those lines?

Again, I am just speculating, but I am sorry you have to go through this, and hope you find your answers soon!

Ok, i'll try that, thanks. We wont know the reason until he gets his details back, just looking for some hope until then, although im dreading finding out in case it is a definite refusal.

Edited by Savanna

Ok, i'll try that, thanks. We wont know the reason until he gets his details back, just looking for some hope until then, although im dreading finding out in case it is a definite refusal.

here is the UK visa site...http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=651746 use this link.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I' ve moved this thread to the UK Regional Forums as the OP's husband was applying for an UK visa and members in this forum are probably better able to help answer the questions.

Good luck - I hope you get everything straightened out.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Ive calmed down a bit because there is always this visa- Exercise the right of access to a child. And its only 250 quid, we didnt even know about this :( so mad right now. I hope thats why they rejected his application, we wont get a refund tho will we :( I dont even care at this point, Id beg steal and borrow to get him home at this point.

Mags x

Go run over to uk-yankee.com. They can help you over there.

The problem is the overstay, which they play hardball about over there.

As you know by now.

I hope you can figure out something. I really do.

Something else for you from site management of uk-yankee

http://londonelegance.com/transpondia/singleparent/

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.