emil9710

wondering!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hello Guys!!!

my wife filled an I-130 three months ago, and we still wating the aproval from USCIS!!

my question is , will she have to pay for other fees after the approval from uscis,??

and, another thing, can she file the rest of documents the NVC needs from here?? cuz, probably, by the time they approve the I-130, she will be over here with me!!! any ideas please??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

hello Guys!!!

my wife filled an I-130 three months ago, and we still wating the aproval from USCIS!!

-Approval is taking an average of 5 months

my question is , will she have to pay for other fees after the approval from uscis,??

-There'll be further payments at NVC stage - AOS fee($88), IV application fee($404), your medical exam will also cost, this varies from country to country

and, another thing, can she file the rest of documents the NVC needs from here?? cuz, probably, by the time they approve the I-130, she will be over here with me!!! any ideas please??

-Where they originate doesnt matter as long as they contain the required documents, can be sent from the US or home country.

Edited by Mrs O.

N400

Filing based on 3yrs/USC Spouse. 3 year residency anniversary is in August 2014. Filed immediately after the 90-day early filing mark (May 2014)

05/06/2014 - Mailed N-400

05/15/2014 - Check cashed

05/12/2014 - NOA Date

06/11/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

09/15/2014 - Inline for interview scheduling (was stuck in "Initial Review" for over 3 months!)

10/27/2014 - Scheduled for interview

12/01/2014 - Interview

12/19/2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

hello Guys!!!

Regardless of where she is physically during the NVC process, she'll return to her home country for the medical and visa interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

hello Guys!!!

my wife filled an I-130 three months ago, and we still wating the aproval from USCIS!! my question is , will she have to pay for other fees after the approval from uscis,?? and, another thing, can she file the rest of documents the NVC needs from here?? cuz, probably, by the time they approve the I-130, she will be over here with me!!! any ideas please??

Yes, there will be more fees to pay after the I-130.

FROM http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html

'In certain circumstances, a U.S. citizen living abroad can file an immigrant visa petition at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate (post). To find out whether you can file a petition at a specific post abroad, you must contact that post. For information on how to contact the post, please visit their specific U.S. Embassy or Consulate website' at http://www.usembassy.gov/

Is Residence in the U.S. Required for the U.S. Sponsor?'Yes. As a U.S. sponsor/petitioner, you must maintain your principal residence (also called domicile) in the U.S., which is where you plan to live for the foreseeable future. Living in the U.S. is required for a U.S. sponsor to file the Affidavit of Support, with few exceptions. To learn more, review the Affidavit of Support (I-864 or I-864EZ) Instructions.'

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2991.html

I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

Page 6. Part 4. Information on the Sponsor.

15. Country of Domicile. 'This question is asking you to indicate the country where you maintain your principal residence and where you plan to reside for the foreseeable future. If your mailing address and/or place of residence is not in the United States, but your country of domicile is the United States, you must attach a written explanation and documentary evidence indicating how you meet the domicile requirement. If you are not currently living in the United States, you may meet the domicile requirement if you can submit evidence to establish that any of the following conditions apply:

A. You are employed by a certain organization. Some individuals employed overseas are automatically considered to be domiciled in the United States because of the nature of their employment. The qualifying types of employment include employment by:

The U.S. government;

An American institution of research recognized by the Secretary of Homeland Security (The list of qualifying institutions may be found at 8 CFR 316.20);

A U.S. firm or corporation engaged in whole or in part in the development of foreign trade and commerce with the United States, or a subsidiary of such a firm or corporation;

A public international organization in which the United States participates by treaty or statute;

A religious denomination having a bona fide organization in the United States, if the employment abroad involves the person's performance of priestly or ministerial functions on behalf of the denomination; or

A religious denomination or interdenominational missionary organization having a bona fide organization in the United States, if the person is engaged solely as a missionary.

B. You are living abroad temporarily. If you are not currently living in the United States, you must show that your trip abroad is temporary and that you have maintained your domicile in the United States. You can show this by providing proof of your voting record in the United States, proof of paying U.S. State or local taxes, proof of having property in the United States, proof of maintaining bank or investment accounts in the United States, or proof of having a permanent mailing address in the United States. Other proof could be evidence that you are a student studying abroad or that a foreign government has authorized a temporary stay.

C. You intend in good faith to reestablish your domicile in the United States no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status. You must submit proof that you have taken concrete steps to establish you will be domiciled in the United States at a time no later than the date of the intending immigrant's admission or adjustment of status. Concrete steps might include accepting a job in the United States, signing a lease or purchasing a residence in the United States, or registering children in U.S. schools. Please attach proof of the steps you have taken to establish domicile as described above.'

7PIHm6.png

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

event.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! We are currently in Administrative Processing with no time-lines to guide us!

My husband is looking at cars in Trinidad for me as his wish has come true! Me a Trini-Wife!

BUT

I will call DoS weekly to check the progress and I will not give up hope.

July of 2011 is the cut off date for us, when I will either start construction on a home here in the US or return to Trinidad to be with my husband.

Regardless of where she is physically during the NVC process, she'll return to her home country for the medical and visa interview.

I may be wrong but I think the wife is the USC.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

I may be wrong but I think the wife is the USC.

Wife is USC according to another post he made.

7PIHm6.png

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

event.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! We are currently in Administrative Processing with no time-lines to guide us!

My husband is looking at cars in Trinidad for me as his wish has come true! Me a Trini-Wife!

BUT

I will call DoS weekly to check the progress and I will not give up hope.

July of 2011 is the cut off date for us, when I will either start construction on a home here in the US or return to Trinidad to be with my husband.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wife is USC according to another post he made.

In that case, never mind. The USC can do whatever from wherever.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

In that case, never mind. The USC can do whatever from wherever.

:thumbs: That is what I was thinking so but I did not want to put my foot in my mouth until there was some clarification.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.