peejay

4 American hostages killed by pirates off Somalia

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

These four victims deserve the "Tard of the Month Award". They were about as intelligent as those idiots that hiked over into Iran. I mean HELLO !!! How many boats have been hijacked by these Somali's and these idiots decide to cruise those waters anyways ? I find it difficult to have sympathy for people with the IQ of a turnip.

Sure, people have to take personal responsibility for poor decisions they make, but why all the vitriol towards these victims? They weren't breaking any laws and they were minding their own business when these creeps attacked them.

What's up with blaming these victims? So far all I've seen is people venting about "Americans", "bibles", "blond haired, blue eyed, women", etc.

It sounds like you all are rooting for the fvcking pirates while trashing these victims. Jeez! Give it a break.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So here is the deal.

You operate your private yacht in a pirate filled area and get taken hostage..."too effin' bad for you." Fire a cruise missile into the pirate ship or hijacked yacht, or both. Job done.

The only tradgedy here is that the US Navy was not the one that fired the fatal, to everyone, shot. Blow them out of the water, leaving nothing but a smoking hole, each time, every time, immediately and preferably from long range, and this BS will STOP. When all the pirates are KILLED it will be safe to float around in yachts.

And Americans need to get over the idea that the entire country is going to lay itself out and bend over for dirtbags because they are too effin' stupid to stay out of places they have no business in.

Life is harder, and generally shorter, when you are STUPID

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So here is the deal.

You operate your private yacht in a pirate filled area and get taken hostage..."too effin' bad for you." Fire a cruise missile into the pirate ship or hijacked yacht, or both. Job done.

The only tradgedy here is that the US Navy was not the one that fired the fatal, to everyone, shot. Blow them out of the water, leaving nothing but a smoking hole, each time, every time, immediately and preferably from long range, and this BS will STOP. When all the pirates are KILLED it will be safe to float around in yachts.

And Americans need to get over the idea that the entire country is going to lay itself out and bend over for dirtbags because they are too effin' stupid to stay out of places they have no business in.

Life is harder, and generally shorter, when you are STUPID

Dirtbags? But the pirates are just pirates, right? But the victims are dirtbags that need to be eradicated along with the pirates? I got it.

I think you are losing it too. :blink:

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lesotho
Timeline

Peejay, peeps are angry at the victims cos they were handing out Bibles, and had resources to sail around the world for years.

Handing out bibles and being rich should be a death sentence. Rich Christians? Kill them all!

Timeline

Handing out bibles and being rich should be a death sentence. Rich Christians? Kill them all!

And don't forget that they were white too. That's the cherry to top off the whipped cream.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I'm not angry at the victims, Whites, Christians, Bibles, or other rich folks. Why all the vitriol at people who see this differently from you, peejay? Lisa? I understand the anger at the pirates, but also the frustration with people who deliberately put themselves in harm's way. Why is anyone supposed to be exclusively critical of the pirates?

You put yourself out there, sh!t happens, life goes on. Frankly, our media makes a big deal of people who they and/or their audience is assumed to identify with. That doesn't obligate anyone to have the same perspective or level of sympathy with their point of view, be it Christian yacht owners or left-wing unions.

Peejay, on another thread, you expressed a preference for Allen West, a politician who hates Muslims. You think it's ok for a politician to shallack a constituent with his ignorance of Islam and make it crystal clear that his Muslim constituents are not his concern. But, you bristle when someone doesn't get all upset about people like you, White Christians. Well, take a hint. Not everyone identifies as strongly as you do with conservative Christians, just as you have a greater tolerance for Christian bigots than others do.

I don't hate anyone, and I'm not pro-pirate, but a lack of balance in media reporting is taking a toll on my empathy toward those they, and you, care most about.

All Islamic terrorists must die.

They can't die. They don't exist.

I wanted to participate in this thread but I can't get past this. :unsure:

Filed: Timeline

I wanted to participate in this thread but I can't get past this. :unsure:

Why? Have you not ran across one of the many posts where Sofiyya has explained this? In a nutshell, her stance is that a person cannot be a Muslim and a terrorist at the same time. Those who subscribe to terrorism violate the values and principles of the religion they claim to be following and are hence not Muslims. It's not that hard to understand. Whether you agree with the argument is another question.

Why? Have you not ran across one of the many posts where Sofiyya has explained this? In a nutshell, her stance is that a person cannot be a Muslim and a terrorist at the same time. Those who subscribe to terrorism violate the values and principles of the religion they claim to be following and are hence not Muslims. It's not that hard to understand. Whether you agree with the argument is another question.

Actually, no, I hadn't seen it explained. :thumbs:

So, by the same reasoning, she would also say that there are no Christian terrorists?

Filed: Timeline

Peejay, peeps are angry at the victims cos they were handing out Bibles, and had resources to sail around the world for years.

Angry at the victims? No, not really. Just dumbfounded at the hypocrisy of the small-government-nutjob crowd. They're all for small government when the beneficiaries of taxpayer money are black single mothers in an American inner city but forget all about their small government principles when the beneficiaries are Christian missionaries trolling the Islamic world.

Edited by \

Timeline

So, by the same reasoning, she would also say that there are no Christian terrorists?

Yes, I would, but, unlike many here, I know that Christianity and Islam aren't so different that either belief would condone murder.

Yes, I would, but, unlike many here, I know that Christianity and Islam aren't so different that either belief would condone murder.

I see things differently than you but that's alright. Your views are at least consistent. :thumbs: That's kind of rare.

Timeline

There are no Muslim terrorists, just terrorists masquerading as Muslims :lol:

Works for me. There aren't many serious Christians who would hesitate to denounce terrorists killing people in the name of Jesus to be less than Christian. They would run from them. But terrorism is pushed toward Muslims and pronounced "Islamic" as though they have the power to make it an edict of our faith, but not part of theirs. No mortal can do that.