13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I don't understand why USCIS ask that people send an RFE to show how long relationship.. Why couldn't USCIS ask for this when you are doing the application..I just read I-130 application how to...Nothing is mentioned. It would save everyone a lot of time and trouble. I never sent anything because it was never asked for.. After reading this forum I have downloaded skype chat from 2009 flowers invoices I sent numerous times from Russian Floral.. And the dating site we met from.. This is the proof I have but was never requested when I sent all the documents..I am waiting for an RFE saying prove to us you had ongoing relationship.

What makes them randomly pick people to send the RFE.. Sometimes I wonder if it depends on who is working on your application..I don't think everyone processes the I-130 by the same rules.. I also thought the proof was for the NVC to determine..

Seriously USCIS could save everyone a huge headache if they just applied this to their directions when doing the form..............

Filed: Timeline

I don't understand why USCIS ask that people send an RFE to show how long relationship.. Why couldn't USCIS ask for this when you are doing the application..I just read I-130 application how to...Nothing is mentioned. It would save everyone a lot of time and trouble. I never sent anything because it was never asked for.. After reading this forum I have downloaded skype chat from 2009 flowers invoices I sent numerous times from Russian Floral.. And the dating site we met from.. This is the proof I have but was never requested when I sent all the documents..I am waiting for an RFE saying prove to us you had ongoing relationship.

What makes them randomly pick people to send the RFE.. Sometimes I wonder if it depends on who is working on your application..I don't think everyone processes the I-130 by the same rules.. I also thought the proof was for the NVC to determine..

Seriously USCIS could save everyone a huge headache if they just applied this to their directions when doing the form..............

i think some of the posts here are from people who applied for a K1 fiance visa and not married yet, K1 fiance visa requires lot of evidence, i think it is USCIS who approves the petition so i don't see why NVC should come into picture for approval determination? NVC does further processing of applications (collects fees, documents, applications, mailing, scheduling etc) and sends and schedules the interviews to the appropriate consulates abroad of the applicant. (more like a administrative stuff)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Not fair, right? Many things we have to dig by ourselves to make it right.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Timeline

i think some of the posts here are from people who applied for a K1 fiance visa and not married yet, K1 fiance visa requires lot of evidence, i think it is USCIS who approves the petition so i don't see why NVC should come into picture for approval determination? NVC does further processing of applications (collects fees, documents, applications, mailing, scheduling etc) and sends and schedules the interviews to the appropriate consulates abroad of the applicant. (more like a administrative stuff)

I can understand the Fiance Visa needing documents but CR1 I was told at interview I think :blink:

Edited by darkdancer333

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

On USCIS.gov the I130 instruction page 3 letter J says submit any additional evidence to prove ongoing marital union....that can be shown in many ways.....letters, emails, gifts, photos. So they do tell us but not in so many words and that is what is good about this website and talking to others who have gone through this. We try to help each other during this difficult process. USCIS treats each case different for many reasons: the main one is immigration fraud and countries where this can be an ongoing thing. They try to do a thorough job and look into things that are fishy. If you have nothing to hide then just be patient and honest at all times and things will work out. I wish the best for you and a speedy process. :)

I think I read the I130 instructions about 25 + times to make sure I didnt miss anything and talked to others going through this or had gone through the process and took any suggestions I could get. It helps I work around many military people who gave some wonderful advice.

well i do agree with you there seems ro be a different level of proof between K-1 and IR-1/CR-1, but also i read many post here where they say no need to overload your petition even on IR-1/CR-1 and according to what is posted here from both sides the level of proof does seem to not be so level..........whats stantard for one isnt always a stantard for another hence the post from other posters with RFE and we all have to think about what we gave to the USCIS as proof.......thats all iam saying.. :thumbs:

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Our attorney had my wife and I write a one page letter on when and how we met, how I proposed and how we planned our wedding. The letter was included in our initial file sent to USCIS. We also included airline and hotel receipts (copies) of that and other meetings. Sorry you got an RFE but be thankful it's a simple one and easily corrected. I wish you a smooth journey from here on out.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tamer took additional evidence to the interview and was never asked for any. Im happy with front loading the I130 and like I said we did well. Its up to you what you are comfortable doing and the outcome for each is different. I am the kind of person that does the "extras" just in case but that is me. RFE only slow you down, so if you can add some things to avoid it I say all the better. The good thing is we got all that evidence back because at the bottom of each letter I send I asked for the stuff back when it was no longer needed...Its a great reminder for us in our later years just what we went through to be together.

Your case will be different than anyone else's. If you are coming from a country that has high fraud then I would send some in the beginning and take more with me for interview. We did both and we prepared no matter what they asked for. Make it easier for you to do this along the way so when and if they ask for it: you will have it ready to go.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes its a journey alright and I do understnad why they request different info for different people there is more info they want which is fine but honestly they are getting it all I just wish I did not need all this paper, they r going to be like "WOW." Well they asked so they shall recieve..

If you stand for nothing you will stand for anything

Timeline

Our attorney had my wife and I write a one page letter on when and how we met, how I proposed and how we planned our wedding. The letter was included in our initial file sent to USCIS. We also included airline and hotel receipts (copies) of that and other meetings. Sorry you got an RFE but be thankful it's a simple one and easily corrected. I wish you a smooth journey from here on out.

I got no RFE I was just remarking from another post..

:innocent:

Timeline

On USCIS.gov the I130 instruction page 3 letter J says submit any additional evidence to prove ongoing marital union....that can be shown in many ways.....letters, emails, gifts, photos. So they do tell us but not in so many words and that is what is good about this website and talking to others who have gone through this. We try to help each other during this difficult process. USCIS treats each case different for many reasons: the main one is immigration fraud and countries where this can be an ongoing thing. They try to do a thorough job and look into things that are fishy. If you have nothing to hide then just be patient and honest at all times and things will work out. I wish the best for you and a speedy process. :)

I think I read the I130 instructions about 25 + times to make sure I didnt miss anything and talked to others going through this or had gone through the process and took any suggestions I could get. It helps I work around many military people who gave some wonderful advice.

Marital Union is not evident through email or skype.. Depends on how one defiines marital union.. When I read this section there is no way I or many others would think to include email, how we met. chat logs etc... This section is for proof that you were married.. That is how I understood this.. What they are asking people is proof of ongoing relationship!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Marital Union is not evident through email or skype.. Depends on how one defiines marital union.. When I read this section there is no way I or many others would think to include email, how we met. chat logs etc... This section is for proof that you were married.. That is how I understood this.. What they are asking people is proof of ongoing relationship!!!!!!!!

Correct, that is what the CO doing the interview wants to see. Not just that the couple stood up in front of a judge/priest/officiant and became legally wed. Now this varies from Consulate to Consulate and from CO to CO within those walls.

RFE's come up at different stages for all sorts of reasons. Missing documents, missing signatures, insufficient evidence, etc.

Each case is unique and adjuducated as such. Remember that the CO wants to get it right, They answer to a boss. When there is doubt, they ask for more evidence.

It will never be black and white.

Hope you avoid any RFE and things sail on through.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I got no RFE I was just remarking from another post..

:innocent:

Yeah, I read the post after I read this one :bonk:

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.