Jade & Earl

Visiting Fiance during K1 process

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hi guys, I am sure this topic has been covered but there are so many pages to search through to find information.

I would like to visit my Fiance in the US in April, preferably for around 85 days as I did before we filed last year. However I am really concerned about not getting through immigration...

Obviously I would not do anything to jepordize our Visa process after the time and money we have spent. But as we all know the wait times are crazy and we want to be together. He left England yesterday and the only thing stopping either of us from sinking in to depression is planning another visit soon.

However I am self employed working for a London based company, I rent my home and due to all the travelling back and forth I resorted to Home schooling my son temporarily.

Can anyone who has done this let me know what reassurances they gave immigration that they would return on arriving in the US, What evidence I may be able ot provide and what I need to do, Our tickets are gonna cost around £1800 non refundable, I simply cannot lose that sort of money if I am refused.

But at the same time I desperately need to start making wedding/living plans with my Fiance.

If we hear anything about our Visa such as our NOA2 or interview I would change my return flight and come home early.

Any advice will be soo appreciated. Thanks

Jade & Earl

12/27/2010- I-129F Sent

01/04/2011-Email NOA1 recieved

01/05/2011 - Touched

01/08/2011-NOA1 Hard copy

05/17/2011- NOA2

05/24/2011- NOA2 Hard copy

05/25/2011- Consulate received case

06/11/2011- Packet 3 received

06/30/2011- Medical

Visiting will not jeopardize your visa process.

You could use the return ticket, lease, employment letters, contracts, etc. to show you plan to return home.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Country: Ireland
Timeline

when my husband and i were going thru our process he visited me from Ireland several times but the first time was denied because he could not prove him was coming back. So we waited a month and tried again this time he had a letter from his employer and from his lease manager saying he was signed into a lease for 6 more months etc. They never looked at it twice and allowed him thru 3 more times before we were approved... he stayed for 90 days at a time.... check out cheaptickets.com it has always saved us alot on tickets... good luck

Hi guys, I am sure this topic has been covered but there are so many pages to search through to find information.

A few threads you can read are below. My advice is always look like a tourist. Staying 3 months and bringing your child (when most are in school) is leaning toward the suspicious side. Don't pack alot of non-tourist things you figure you'll move over early like your whole winter wardrobe or cd collection or 40 pairs of shoes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/67796-yes-you-can-visit/page__hl__fiance+visit

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/294570-im-going-to-visit-fiancee-in-april-need-reasurrance/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/290371-travel-on-visa-waiver-while-waiting-for-k-1/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292047-visiting-usa-while-k1-being-processed/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292669-visiting-us-while-k1-is-processing/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292277-we-filed-for-k1-can-i-visit-him-again-using-my-vwp/

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Thank you everyone, I'm really quite worried about this cos I don't have much to prove my ties to home. I'm even wondering if I should just book a two week trip so not to raise suspicion :/

12/27/2010- I-129F Sent

01/04/2011-Email NOA1 recieved

01/05/2011 - Touched

01/08/2011-NOA1 Hard copy

05/17/2011- NOA2

05/24/2011- NOA2 Hard copy

05/25/2011- Consulate received case

06/11/2011- Packet 3 received

06/30/2011- Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

For me it was hard, they didnt wanna let me pass of not sufficient evidence, though i had a letter stating from court i have to be there for court hearing .. But of course wasnt enough ..

If they dont like you, they simply dont Oo .. So i can just advise you to try, but be prepared for the worst.

It can always happen that in the interview they r gonna question you, why you stayed so long and came this and this often...

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

when my husband and i were going thru our process he visited me from Ireland several times but the first time was denied because he could not prove him was coming back. So we waited a month and tried again this time he had a letter from his employer and from his lease manager saying he was signed into a lease for 6 more months etc. They never looked at it twice and allowed him thru 3 more times before we were approved... he stayed for 90 days at a time.... check out cheaptickets.com it has always saved us alot on tickets... good luck

Just a note: its a little easier in Ireland because they do pre-screening for US immigration at the airport (in Dublin and I believe Cork) before you leave instead of once you touch down in the US. So keep this in mind.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.