Avelline

Immunisation issue regarding Medical Exam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello again VJ Community.

Well I am up to having the medical exam with the panel physician but I have a problem. I can't locate my medical records and I had a serilogical bloodtest done to detect the vaccines in my blood but strangely, I don't have any!

My GP was very unhelpful as to why this is and recommended getting all the shots again. What I want to know is will this be a problem for the Embassy/Panel Physician?

I was planning to just get my GP to give me the blood test results and I'd take that to the interview, but I am still really worried.

It will take more than 8 months to get all of my vaccinations up to date! :(

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

oh oh...sounds weird alright.

I would be getting all your vacs thru your doc claiming them on medicare bulk bill (aaah if only I could still be using a medicare card) cos the medical exam doctor will charge you for each one...and as with all of this migration stuff it wont be cheap....

As for getting the rest of your records....call your states health dept i.e. qld it would be queensland health.

I had similiar issues cos for some unknown reason the old records are so difficult to obtain if they are there anyway.....

medicare have a record of recent stuff but dont get updated often enough.....things are different over here.

There is another thing that needs to be understood.....depending on your age depends upon what shots you need....best to ask your usa medical dr which ones you will need ... hopefully he can help you via the phone....maybe the receptionists cld assist....

good luck...

Timeline

Thanks lynJer!

You are right, the immigration experience is an expensive one! I am going to get my GP to give me a Tetanus shot in a few days and go from there. My main concern (besides the cost) is that some of the shots need to be spaced months apart and that makes me feel so defeated. :(

Its already been a year since I last saw my fiance and I miss him terribly.

But it is weird that I have "no immunities". I don't have a full list of my vacines, but I found the record of the ones I had as an infant and it says I had the MMR and all that. I can't think why they disappeared. I am 25 and I thought it'd lat at least a few decades! o_O

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?

And thank you for suggesting I call the Panel Physician. I think I'll give his receptionist a call this week and see if I can get some help. Either that or I'll bite the bullet and make an appointment with the doctor and explain my situation. *fingers crossed*

Timeline

Thanks lynJer!

You are right, the immigration experience is an expensive one! I am going to get my GP to give me a Tetanus shot in a few days and go from there. My main concern (besides the cost) is that some of the shots need to be spaced months apart and that makes me feel so defeated. :(

Its already been a year since I last saw my fiance and I miss him terribly.

But it is weird that I have "no immunities". I don't have a full list of my vacines, but I found the record of the ones I had as an infant and it says I had the MMR and all that. I can't think why they disappeared. I am 25 and I thought it'd lat at least a few decades! o_O

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience?

And thank you for suggesting I call the Panel Physician. I think I'll give his receptionist a call this week and see if I can get some help. Either that or I'll bite the bullet and make an appointment with the doctor and explain my situation. *fingers crossed*

This all sounds really strange as you a re only 25 your Serology test should have shown your immunities man I am 53 and mine did. ANd if you had MMR then I dare say you had the rest growing up too.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Timeline

and youll need your flu needle too....

TB

&/or tb test...

MMR polio and all them ones you got when you were a kid....

I was in the army and for the 6 years of my enlistment...I was a pin cushion for god only knows wot???

Hope you sort it all out .... keep us posted...cheers...lyndal

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks guys!

I hope to be up to date with the vaccines now. I had my doctor give me every shot I could get. So I am now good for MMR, DTP, Pertussis, HepA & HepB, meningococal and pnuemococal!

My arms are very sore and swollen but it was worth it. :)

And Medicare didn't really cover it. I had to get the vaccines from the pharmacy first. All up I spent just under $260! :(

Would it have cost me as much in the U.S?

I guess I got to see the doctor for free. Medicare isn't completely useless, lol. :P

I had my doctor print out and sign the pages so now I have proof I have been immunized. This week I will be making the appointment with the Panel Physician and I hope it will all be enough. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

I'll be seeing my doctor before I go to my medical. I'll look into getting that test to see what immunizations I have had and what I need. I have a card with a few immunizations, but one (the TdP) has a note beside it saying it is due again in 1996. I never got that (at least I don't remember). On my card it says I had my MMP, DTP, and Pertussis as a child, so I hope that it shows up! I know I had a Hep vac in hoghschool but I can't remember which. Hopefully I am able to get them all before April 20th. I see my doctor like, 2 weeks before that! I know I may have to see him again before the medical to get any shots after we figure out what I need. Ugh this is all so stressful. I hate needles.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.