Sarah&Todd

i-129f timeline

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi,

I'm not even sure if i am posting this on the write wall (sincerely sorry if i am wrong!).

My American Fiance sent of the I-129f for me on December 17th 2010. We then got an email & letter on 3rd January 2011 saying that the Texas Service Center have received it and they are forwarding it on to the Vermont Service Center. We then got a 'touch' notification on 7th January 2011 but there was no information on who touched it or where it was. Are any of these an NOA1?

Can anyone enlighten me?

I am also trying to figure out how long it should take.

Some timelines say 5 months some say less and some say more!

It has been over a month since we had any contact or 'touches' and i am signed up with the USCIS to track these movements. Does it take approx 5 months for the Vermont Service Center to process it and then it gets sent to my place of residence (which takes another couple of months?) OR should we expect the whole process and the visa in hand within 5 months?

Does anyone have any idea what i should expect next? How long i should wait? Should i contact the service center and ask them what's up?

Many thanks to everyone who responds.

Sarah

event.png

2011 Jan 3rd: NOA1 - USCIS received I-129f

2011 Jan 7th: 'Touched' by VSC

2011 May 13th: NOA2!!!!

2011 May 19th: NVC received

2011 May 23rd: NVC sent file out to London Consulate

2011 May 26th: London Consulate rcvd

2011 June 8th: London Consulate sent out packet 3

2011 June 10th: Medical appointment

2011 June 11th: Received packet 3

2011 June 13th: Sent packet 3 back to Embassy

2011 June 23rd: Packet 3 approved at Embassy and logged on to system - NO RFE!

2011 July 1st: Received packet 4 by standard mail

2011 August 3rd: Interview at US Embassy London

2011 August 12th: Moved to the USA: POE Atlanta... easy peasy!

2011 October 13th: Married

2011 October 25th: Sent off AOS

2011 October 27th: AOS signed for at Government location

2011 November 1st: Email and Text notification that AOS and EAD accepted and being sent to benefits centre.

2011 November 7th: Letter from USCIS with biometrics date

2011 November 2?th: Letter from USCIS RFE on affidavit of support (insufficient evidence for proof of income)

2011 November 30th: Biometrics done

2011 December 9th: RFE in review for AOS

2011 December 15th: Notice that AOS has been sent to CSC for faster processing

2011 December 21st: Notice that AOS has reached CSC

2011 December 23rd: Notice that ead card was in production

2011 December 30th: 2nd notification that EAD was in Post Decision Activity and on it's way to me in the mail.

2012 April 5th: AOS approved, Green Card in production!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

probably touched by Vermont when they received it. Touches are rare because now that you petition is at VSC, it will sit silently there until just before it is reviewed..

USCIS timelines are USCIS ONLY...

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hei there :)

The NOA1 (I-797 I think the form is called) is the letter you got.

You can go to http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/ and see what dates the service center are currently at but bear in mind that it is only Visa Journey members so it's only a fraction of the petitions.

That timeline it only until it gets approved. You can use this flowchart as an estimate or see the timeline of other members from your country; http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

That timeline it only until it gets approved.

By that I mean from your NOA1 until your NOA2 when it comes to those 5 months.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You are one of the "lucky" ones who reached at VSC. I hope I am really , really wrong but I would suggest to not count on those 5 months you heard about. E.g. I am at the VSC and I have more than 5 months since NOA1 and lot others reached 6, even 7 months. After you receive NOA2 you will spend another aprox .1 months (depends of consulate) to get the interview. As I said before I hope you won't get through what we did ! Good luck !!!

event.png

I know when i filed my I-129f last January it took about 6months from start to finish. Plus depends how back logged they are at VSC. I wouldn't think too much of it, the time will come soon enough for you.

Good luck to you ;0)

We first met online 2004, but things started to get serious in Dec 2007. Made my first visit to the USA in march 2008 for 2 weeks. Then returned again in Aug 2008 for 3 months.. Then i came back to the UK for 5 months to return back to the USA April 2009 for another 3months.

TIMELINE

I-129f filed: 06/01/10

NOA1 received: 07/01/10

NOA2 received: 13/04/10

NVC received: 16/04/10

Left NVC: 19/04/10

Consulate Received: 21/04/10

Rec Instructions Pkt3: 23/04/10

Complete Instructions Pkt3: 24/05/10

Rec App. Letter Pkt4: 09/06/10

Medical Date: 30/06/10

Interview Date: 30/07/10

Interview Results: APPROVED

Received Visa: 13/08/10

Entered USA: 30/09/2010

Marriage: 24/10/2010

Filed AOS,EAD & AP: 10/01/2011

Received NOA1: 18/01/2011

Biometrics App. 25/02/2011

AOS: Transferred to California 14/02/2011

AOS & EAD: Approved

Received Greencard: 18/03/2011

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.