Canadiana013

k1-ers waiting for Montreal

397 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was just reading over the required documents for the interview. For the evidence of support there seems to be a long list and I'm not really sure what all of them are exactly....

1) most recent U.S. tax return (Is this a specific form with a number???..sorry I don't know a lot about U.S. taxes)

2) Current pay record (like a pay stub??? Don't most people get direct deposit these days? Or would this be a letter form an employer?)

3) Evidence of any assets stated on the affidavit? (A bank letter of savings? assets?)

I know you are all K-1 experts by now, so hopefully someone knows! Thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was just reading over the required documents for the interview. For the evidence of support there seems to be a long list and I'm not really sure what all of them are exactly....

1) most recent U.S. tax return (Is this a specific form with a number???..sorry I don't know a lot about U.S. taxes)

2) Current pay record (like a pay stub??? Don't most people get direct deposit these days? Or would this be a letter form an employer?)

3) Evidence of any assets stated on the affidavit? (A bank letter of savings? assets?)

I know you are all K-1 experts by now, so hopefully someone knows! Thanks in advance.

I am guessing you are referring to I-134 ; it is a form for the USC to file for the beneficiary. The USC will have to mail it to you so you can take it to the interview.

Just like in Canada, your fiance(e) files for tax returns every year. He/she can provide a summary sheet. Not sure about other methods, but my fiance and I used the Turbotax PDF the software provides.

3 last pay stubs are highly recommended. Even if you have direct deposit, your employer provides a pay stub. It is also recommended to join a letter from the employer on company letterhead stating the title, for how long the USC has been employed there, that he/she has a good record and the annual salary.

Assets : mortage on a home, rental contract, monthly bills to show you maintain a home (gaz, electricity, water, etc), ownership titles for a car, bank letter listing your savings, bonds & investments values, etc. That's where you prove income is over 125% or national poverty line and that he/she can provide for you.

I think it's all listed on the I-134 form.

Good luck!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Timeline

HI everyone! Hope it is as nice as day wherever you are as it is here......ah spring!

Just a quick question about interview scheduling. I am still waiting on the " yes" from my calls to DOS about pkt 3 being logged but as I wait I am looking through the consulate websites. I know a lot of you have said you booked an interview and then kept going back to see if any earlier times opened up.... and then when they did you changed the date and time. ...

From what I have been reading it seems quite difficult to do this ( following the website rules ) BUT obviously there is an easier way......

Just checking to see what the experience is from VJ members who have done this. Can you actually just go in and change without sending faxes and emails to request an expediation?

Thanks guys.

Aug. 11/2010 - NOA1 (VSC)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Feb. 14/2011 - NVC received

Feb 28/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 3

End of Mar. /2011 - found wonderful help on VJ

Mar. 30/2011 - mailed pkt 3 to Consulate

April 8/2011 - Consulate mailed pkt 4

April 15/2011 - Pkt 4 received

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Interview - May 18/2011 - APPROVED!

Timeline

HI everyone! Hope it is as nice as day wherever you are as it is here......ah spring!

Just a quick question about interview scheduling. I am still waiting on the " yes" from my calls to DOS about pkt 3 being logged but as I wait I am looking through the consulate websites. I know a lot of you have said you booked an interview and then kept going back to see if any earlier times opened up.... and then when they did you changed the date and time. ...

From what I have been reading it seems quite difficult to do this ( following the website rules ) BUT obviously there is an easier way......

Just checking to see what the experience is from VJ members who have done this. Can you actually just go in and change without sending faxes and emails to request an expediation?

Thanks guys.

You need a pretty good reason for an expedite. Unless your other half is about to be deployed with the military or has a relative in the US with major illness you will likely not get one.

Rescheduling on the CSC website is fairly easy. Once you have booked, log back in, accept the terms of the website and then at the very bottom you will have the following menu :

What would you like to do?

• Reschedule Appointment
  • Cancel Appointment
  • Submit Documents to Consular Section
  • Register for Courier Service
  • View Visa Information
  • View Appointment Confirmation Page

Clicking on "Reschedule Appointment" will lead you to a page where you will see the next available appointment. It will ask if based on this information you would like to reschedule. You will have to select yes. Then you will be able to click on a date and a new appointment confirmation will be generated to replace the former one.

You can randomly check the website once in a while to try and snag an earlier/more convenient appointment. That's what most of us in April did. We originally booked for mid-July ;)

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

Thanks!

I was hoping to log in and have a look at how it works but can't yet ...boo. :(

So it is pretty easy to reshedule ... that's great !

It is those mid-july original bookers , now interviewing in April , that gave me renewed hope ;)

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

:)

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Timeline

Thanks for everyone's help on these forums. Your posts have been quite helpful so far. My fiance and I also want to get our Packet 3 paperwork finished ahead of time and mailed as soon as we know that the packet 3 has been sent. My question is this:

How is everyone checking to see if their packet 3 has been sent. Do you get an email or a letter from DOS or the Montreal consulate that the packet has been sent. Do you call a phone number to find out this information? If so, what is the phone number you call?

Thanks for your input.

08/2008 - K and I met

01/2009 - Started dating

08/2010 - Engaged

09/28/2010 - Mailed K1 I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox Facility

10/04/2010 - I-129F Petition received

10/07/2010 - NOA1 email confirmation received

10/14/2010 - NOA1 received from USPS

No touches since 10/07/2010

Timeline

I called the Department of State nearly every day asking for an update about my case, hoping they'd say something about Packet three. I bookmarked this handy page, and it hasn't led me astray yet ;)

Don't wait for any mail (though you do need either Packet 3 or 4 to bring to the medical with you) - my Packet 4 came after my Packet 3 though Packet 3 was dated 2 weeks earlier!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

So it is pretty easy to reshedule ... that's great !

It is those mid-july original bookers , now interviewing in April , that gave me renewed hope ;)

In January and February, I had only heard one or two mentions of earlier dates being available, so I was hoping, but not really expecting anything - throughout the second half of March, the dates moved around a whole lot! The weird thing is that when I log in now, the system tells me there are no dates available according to my purposes. Hehe, maybe I've run out of rescheduling tries? It's probably just a glitch for now, but I changed my interview date 5 times... it's not really a big deal and there's no one you need to contact to confirm. I got one cancellation email and one interview scheduled email for each change I made.

Keep hoping! And let's send concilliatory, friendly, happy thoughts to the States so they can get a new budget in place ASAP!

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

In January and February, I had only heard one or two mentions of earlier dates being available, so I was hoping, but not really expecting anything - throughout the second half of March, the dates moved around a whole lot! The weird thing is that when I log in now, the system tells me there are no dates available according to my purposes. Hehe, maybe I've run out of rescheduling tries? It's probably just a glitch for now, but I changed my interview date 5 times... it's not really a big deal and there's no one you need to contact to confirm. I got one cancellation email and one interview scheduled email for each change I made.

Keep hoping! And let's send concilliatory, friendly, happy thoughts to the States so they can get a new budget in place ASAP!

The rescheduling bug is not due to you rescheduling too much. I tried to see which dates were available this morning and I got the message there were no dates available for my trip purpose. I rescheduled once :)

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

Same here. We became eligible to schedule an interview today and it says none available. I think they might be blocking appointments because of the impending government shutdown.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

ok so seriously can they hold interviews after we've waited soooo long to even schedule one? ahhh

Has anyone heard what's up with that or when they will opening up places again.....

Sorry I am frustrated........ so not fair :(

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Timeline

I still can't schedule an appointment yet. Also, the website is getting really heavy traffic. Good luck.

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

Good Luck to you too!

I still have not received any confirmation from DOS that my pkt 4 is on the way so I can't even go into look.

Keep us updated on your case and when you can book an interview.

All the best to you.

Jan. 29/2011 - NOA 2

Medical - May 3/ 2011

Timeline

Thanks teday, no luck yet. I emailed the consulate and CSC services to ask what was the reason for no appointments available. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get an answer :)

I'm also not able to select a courier location- I've read that this is some kind of known issue.

Did you all pay the visa fee on this website? I don't see any option for that either. Thanks.

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Timeline

Thanks teday, no luck yet. I emailed the consulate and CSC services to ask what was the reason for no appointments available. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get an answer :)

I'm also not able to select a courier location- I've read that this is some kind of known issue.

Did you all pay the visa fee on this website? I don't see any option for that either. Thanks.

I couldn't register with DHL either so I emailed them at : contactus_en_CA@usvisa-info.com

Make sure you provide those info sot hey can help register your location for you :

Applicant ID # :

Case Number :

Passport number :

Date of birth :

Name in passport :

DHL Location :

If you choose to skip the online payment, you have to pick "Permanently immigrate (Ready to schedule)" when they ask the purpose of your appointment. Should you do so, make sure you have 350$ USD to pay the day of your interview. Otherwise, you will have to pay online before your appointment is confirmed.

Good luck!

ROC completed April 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.