Ashley_Armando

Paying for ALL of THIS??

6 posts in this topic

I was just wondering if it's just that everyone has better jobs than me to be able to pay for the our spouses visas easier or what???

I'm supposed to be an elementary teacher, but I couldm't find a job for this year, so I'm working 65 hours a week (currently) being a PARA at a middle school and a housekeeper at a hospital, both being about 9.25 an hour. This doesn't give me much with having all other expenses plus student loans.

Is everyone else pretty much struggling and I just don't know it or do you all have better jobs?

One good thing about having to wait so long for the visa (at least for me) is that it gives the time to save up for the visa costs.

07-23-2008 - Met in San Isidro, Nicaragua.

10-11-2008 - Officially Dating!

07-09-2009 - Engaged!

05-22-2010 - Married in San Isidro, Nicaragua!

**USCIS** 132 Days

11-29-2010 - Mailed I-130 Package.

12-01-2010 - I-130 Confirmation Delieverd to Lockbox; NOA1 Priority Date

12-13-2010 - Email Notification from USCIS for NOA1. Off to California!

12-14-2010 - Check for I-130 Package Cleared.

12-17-2010 - NOA1 (Hard Copy) Received.

02-28-2011 - Touch (For Entering Case Number into System)

03-18-2011 - Visited Hubby in Nicaragua for 9 Days

04-12-2011 - NOA2 ~ 132 DAYS!!!

04-13-2011 - NOA2 Notification Email

04-16-2011 - NOA2 Hard Copy Arrives

**NVC** 39 Days

04-25-2011 - NVC Received; Case Number Assigned

04-27-2011 - DS3032 Emailed from Petitioner and Beneficiary; Receipt Notice Received

04-28-2011 - AOS Bill Generated and Paid

04-29-2011 - IV Bill Generated

04-30-2011 - AOS Bill Cleared

05-03-2011 - IV Bill Paid

05-05-2011 - IV Bill Cleared; AOS and IV Packages Sent

05-09-2011 - AOS and IV Packages Delivery Confirmation

06-03-2011 - NVC Approval; Case Complete!

06-09-2011 - Interview Date Assigned!

06-30-2011 - Medical, 2pm --PASSED!

07-06-2011 - Interview, 8am

07-13-2011 - Pick Up Visa and Passport

07-14-2011 - POE, PASSED

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

oh yes,were in the same boat as you.....were right now worrying wel have the visa before we can afford the flight over....and our wedding is going to be little more than me,her and her parents in a court house.

it soooo expensive when you add everything up

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yeah, I think everyone here is strap with this economy. I work for a school as well, not a teacher but a staff member, but yeah and I'm trying to save up money for the wedding in a couple of month prior to an interview. For paying for the paper fee, it helps if the other person on the side work, but not always the case. You just have to realize what is important first. The paper process or everything else. A delay is good, but it's to be apart.

Right now, my head is on paying the NVC fee first, otherwise nothing will move forward if I don't. And I just recent got the NVC notice of my case so next week is the week I pay about $480bucks. After that airplane ticket, then wedding money...geezzz...but still its something I want to do..so in the end Happiness is what keeps me going...

So yeah, it's tough, and trust me I'm not a money saver, but you have to do things for the one you love. So make it happen.

04/06/11 Automatic recorder on the NVC machine stated that my package was received this date and have to wait 6-8 weeks for next responds

04/16/11 RFE issing my spouse passport biopage

04/18/11 Email back the missing paperwork for NVC

04/19/11 Email from NVC they recieved the RFE I sent.

04/20/11 Spoke with NVC they say have to wait 20days for change

05/16/11 Spoke with NVC they say "case is complete, and that their interview appointment is full for June- to call back in June 17 for a interview appointment time for July most likely."

05/16/11 SIF on the payment portal website

05/20/11 Interview letter arrived via email for June 15 interview date in Guz

06/13/11 Medical Test today

06/15/11 Doc intake

06/16/11 Interview day waited for my wife at the embassy

06/16/11 APPROVE

06/18/11 Visa in her hand at China post office

6/23/11 Land in US at San Francisco airport

7/11/11 Waiting for her SSN card, received her Green Card Already

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I was just wondering if it's just that everyone has better jobs than me to be able to pay for the our spouses visas easier or what???

I'm supposed to be an elementary teacher, but I couldm't find a job for this year, so I'm working 65 hours a week (currently) being a PARA at a middle school and a housekeeper at a hospital, both being about 9.25 an hour. This doesn't give me much with having all other expenses plus student loans.

Is everyone else pretty much struggling and I just don't know it or do you all have better jobs?

One good thing about having to wait so long for the visa (at least for me) is that it gives the time to save up for the visa costs.

Financial means of the members here varies as much as in society as a whole. The practical aspects of marriage to a foreigner are dealt with by all, regardless. Often, what happens is that less is spent on weddings and parties because of immigration and travel expenses associated with long distance relationships.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Just like in every other walk of life, some people have more money than they know what to do with, others make enough to live comfortably, still others just make the cut and some require the assistance of a sponsor. Love strikes everywhere whether one can afford it or not.

John

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just like in every other walk of life, some people have more money than they know what to do with, others make enough to live comfortably, still others just make the cut and some require the assistance of a sponsor. Love strikes everywhere whether one can afford it or not.

John

I agree with this 100%. The cost associated with processing a visa is a lot of money to most people. However, it is the price we have to pay for falling in love with a US citizen when we want to emigrate to their country. Many countries have lower costs for the same kind of processing. I know that it would have been a lot cheaper for Nick to emigrate to England, but the fact that he had a "proper" job, and I am still working at a minimum wage job means that in the long run it is cheaper for me to emigrate to America.

The co - sponser option is there for a reason. Luckily Nick earns enough to sponser me, as well as covering the visa fees, however this in no way leaves us in a superior financial situation! Its just something we HAVE to do in order to be together.

Nick (USC) and Amy (UKC)

03/08 - Met at University in Albuquerque, NM

08/08 - Back to UK for a few years of travelling UK>US!

10/10 - Wedding Day!

s88ndknc8v.png

USCIS

11/16/10: I-130 package mailed

11/18/10: Express Mail tracking shows delivered

11/23/10: Online banking shows check cleared!

11/26/10: Touched

11/29/10: NOA1 arrives!(dated as 11/18/10)

03/17/11: Touched

04/08/11: I-130 APPROVAL!!

141 days from NOA1 to NOA2

NVC

27/04/11: Emailed Choice of Agent form

~{gap as I spent the summer in England}~

03/11/11: Paid AOS and IV fees

04/11/11: AOS and IV fees shown as PAID

08/11/11: AOS Packet sent

09/11/11: IV Packet sent

18/11/11: RFE received requesting AOS packet (which had already been sent)

21/11/11: RFE received requesting 2010 tax return

22/11/11: Sent 2010 tax return

29/11/11: CASE COMPLETE!!!

26 days through NVC

EMBASSY

10/12/11: Medical @ Bentnick Mansions

30/01/12: Interview @ 9am [APPROVED!!]

01/02/12: Passport with visa inside, and medical packet arrive via courier

02/03/12: Flight to Denver!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.