Used to be broken

Belarus

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Sure, but the one "goods" we don't have is soldiers. Those other countries are chock full of able-bodied young men with nothing to do. Many of whom are familiar with AK-47s and various other Soviet-era weapons systems.

I have four friends in the army right now. The Russian army needs serious overhaul if it actually wants to be effective. If those are the guys they have defending the motherland, well, better hope Russia doesn't get into ground wars any time soon. Plus, the whole system is based around training the soldiers to fight in like, the Europe of sixty years ago, NOT modern-style warfare.

In the question of the US army versus the Russian army? US, for sure.

Первый блин комом.

I have four friends in the army right now. The Russian army needs serious overhaul if it actually wants to be effective. If those are the guys they have defending the motherland, well, better hope Russia doesn't get into ground wars any time soon. Plus, the whole system is based around training the soldiers to fight in like, the Europe of sixty years ago, NOT modern-style warfare.

Agreed. But, they're still a pretty formidable force. They're not nearly as advanced as the US military (nobody is, really) but in terms of sheer numbers, they're still a force to be reckoned with and they still pack a pretty mean punch.

And lets not forget how Russia mobilized during WWII. They could likely do that again.

In the question of the US army versus the Russian army? US, for sure.

Absolutely. But, what about US vs. Russia and Iran and China? Or, Russia and India? Or even something simple like Russia and the whole MENA?

Truth be told, our military is relatively small and we'd stuggle fighting Russia alone. If you added another few MILLION men, scattered through the desert and/or mountains, well, that's just too many for us to fight. Add in alliances with Venezuela, Columbia, etc., and we'd be fighting an uphill battle, both ways, through the snow, carrying our little brother on our back, with no shoes on.

The UK, Canada, Australia, Taiwan, Japan and S. Korea can only add so much firepower. We're stretched too thin already.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

And lets not forget how Russia mobilized during WWII. They could likely do that again.

Maybe....but not how they did it then.......Where did they get those trucks and RR engines they used to mobilize with?

Hints: Lend Lease and North Atlantic Convoys

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Maybe....but not how they did it then.......Where did they get those trucks and RR engines they used to mobilize with?

You are sure right about that one. It seems that the help we gave to the Soviets during the war is a big secret and didn't really do much to save their country.

You are sure right about that one. It seems that the help we gave to the Soviets during the war is a big secret and didn't really do much to save their country.

What really gets me is you will hear/see about the "Great Patriotic War" in the RUB country's that started in 1941. But you never hear who started WW2 in Europe other than the NAZI's/Germans. People tend to forget that it was the Soviets who invaded Poland in 1939 along with their NAZI ally's. When you bring that up in a convo over there you will hear either two things..."Stalin was Georgian", or "no such thing happened". When all the Western European country's were getting over run by the NAZI's, and England was being bombed nightly...where to you think the Germans got their fuel and raw materials from ? Why of course it was from their #1 trading partner the USSR. The USSR even supplied the NAZI's with a naval base so that they could get around the allied naval blockade.

Some interesting links down below...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molotov%E2%80%93Ribbentrop_Pact

"Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland

"Soviet invasion of Poland"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi-Soviet_military_parade_in_Brze%C5%9B%C4%87

"German–Soviet military parade in Brest-Litovsk"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo%E2%80%93NKVD_Conferences

"Gestapo–NKVD Conferences"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German–Soviet_Commercial_Agreement

"German–Soviet Commercial Agreement"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German%E2%80%93Soviet_Border_and_Commercial_Agreement

"German–Soviet Border and Commercial Agreement"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD_prisoner_massacres

"NKVD prisoner massacres"

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Any woman from FSU married to an American man is a MOB. Period.

It's not about what you think or what you claim, it's about perception.

tru that- i got me an MOH. and now an MOBaby. what.

:lol:

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Truth be told, our military is relatively small and we'd stuggle fighting Russia alone. If you added another few MILLION men, scattered through the desert and/or mountains, well, that's just too many for us to fight. Add in alliances with Venezuela, Columbia, etc., and we'd be fighting an uphill battle, both ways, through the snow, carrying our little brother on our back, with no shoes on.

Dude, how many times did you watch Red Dawn :rofl:

China is the real country we all should be worried about. I'm sure they got a kick out of watching our war on 2 fronts still going on. Exactly how not to do things :lol:

---

Popular Mechanics mag had a cool video of the Russian military. Flying tanks n all.

http://video.popularmechanics.com/services/player/bcpid50790507001

They still have a pretty decent manufacturing base and a lot of factories. Not to say they'd be able to pump out several tanks a day like they did back then, but they're still capable of weaponizing their industry.

you never hear who started WW2 in Europe other than the NAZI's/Germans. People tend to forget that it was the Soviets who invaded Poland in 1939 along with their NAZI ally's.

And folks here still wonder why we weren't the best of friends after the war.

I think you've one-upped most of us.

I absolutely detest babies. Mail-order or otherwise. Which is ironic because I really love pu$$y and that's where babies come from. Hmm. I should probably get some counseling. "Why don't we head on over to mamby-pamby land and find you some self-confidence you jack wagon!"

Dude, how many times did you watch Red Dawn :rofl:

WOLVERINES!!!

Red Dawn 2 is supposed to come out this Christmas. Can't wait for that one. What I've heard is it's an Iraq war vet who comes home in time for the Chi-Comm invasion of Detroit. Since Detroit is already a war zone, it probably wasn't too hard to find good locations to shoot. It should be a blast!

China is the real country we all should be worried about. I'm sure they got a kick out of watching our war on 2 fronts still going on. Exactly how not to do things :lol:

China is a sleeping dragon that we keep poking with a big stick. One day, we're going to wake it up.

The only thing is, it's so fat now it can't move very fast. Hard to be a global power when you can't move your military around.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.